Windows Xp User Need Simple Help

eterna22

Known Member
Nov 16, 2003
auckland, NZ
Visit site
ok, this is bugging me very long and i can't seem to get rid of it.

everytime i on the PC , they will load something called "SAVE" a stupid program i dont know where i got it from. it cost me 20,448kb .

so everytime i got to delete all those junk.

and how do i make msn stop coming out and all those files...

i already deleted everything at the startup folder but it still comes out !!

sterling^moss

Known Member
Dec 18, 2003
Malacca
Visit site
"save"?? well, it does not belong to windows XP, perhaps a spyware?? try to run a scan with ad-aware or spybot

as for the msn, try uninstall the program. then go to yr program files folder. look for a folder "MSN Messenger" or soemthing like tat. delete it manually. hope it helps

mangaboi

Feb 9, 2004
Selangor
Save is a spyware program. Download "Spyware Search and Destroy" to remove it, and other programs like it.

What version of XP u using? Pro or Home edition?

eterna22

Known Member
Nov 16, 2003
auckland, NZ
Visit site
hi sorry, im using xp pro.

i dont want to delete msn, i just want to use it when i need it, but everytime startup it comes up. but if uninstall it then i want to use that time i cant u see.

also, the save thing i cant find the freaking root !

so wat am i to do now ??

i thought there is a window registry thing where i can edit what i want to load for startup ? then i can choose, rubbish all no need to load hehehe

how ar

sterling^moss

Known Member
Dec 18, 2003
Malacca
Visit site
oh, misunderstood wat u wan..hehe. simple, click on "start" then "run" type in "msconfig" select the start up tab on the new window. & look for the programs that u do not wish to load automatically when window starts.

netmatrix

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
P Jaya:Malaysia
kh_tan.tripod.com
msconfig is not strong enough. Go to google and search for HIJACKTHIS. This is a very through down to the bone startup editor. Or similarly you could go to this site www.merjin.org and download it. You could also download CWSHREDDER to scan for known adware/virus.

But remember hijackthis is a very powerful tool. If you simply remove everything, your windows sure corrupt one. Remember not to delete .OCX entries. :lol:

devil

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Originally posted by netmatrix@Mar 4 2004, 07:28 PM
msconfig is not strong enough. Go to google and search for HIJACKTHIS. This is a very through down to the bone startup editor. Or similarly you could go to this site www.merjin.org and download it. You could also download CWSHREDDER to scan for known adware/virus.

But remember hijackthis is a very powerful tool. If you simply remove everything, your windows sure corrupt one. Remember not to delete .OCX entries. :lol:
Yup~! HijackThis is excelent program~!I use it to scan my machine every few months ... COOL! :rolleyes:

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
It is a spyware alright. Download Ad-aware and remove it.

Spyware love storing themselves inside the %SystemRoot% folder aka, C:\WINNT or C:\WINDOWS. That way, it makes removing very difficult.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

While the primary focus of tuning is still very much on the Nissan GT-R, its smaller cousin, the Nissan 370Z, is still getting its fair share of attention from the tuning houses.

Senner Tuning is the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience