Will Izso buy a good car???

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yeah I also don't dare to buy bimmer yet even though I know they're nice to drive. In fact I don't dare to buy any German or other non Japanese cars yet. Probably coz I don't have enough knowledge on them too so still scared to own one. The only non Japanese cars that I had ever had any experience we're my dad's 1984 Peugeot 505 and 1983 Mercs 280E. The 505 was super comfy but shit on other aspects, and the 280E was nice and built like a tank but also quite complicated for its time. The rest are all Japanese.
I am same like you. First car Fiat, thereafter all Jap. In between a Korean and Chinese car for wifey......lol
Why no Beemer, because have 4 friends use them before and gave up on them......:biggrin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I am same like you. First car Fiat, thereafter all Jap. In between a Korean and Chinese car for wifey......lol
Why no Beemer, because have 4 friends use them before and gave up on them......:biggrin:
Furthermore, the bimmers that I like are all damn expensive! Like 2015-2016 330i F30, expensive and pretty complicated like any modern European cars nowadays, plus the depreciation will definitely be a lot. Then the M cars, expensive prices and road tax. I do still keep an eye on AMG 45s though coz I think these are really special car that's worth the risk, best bang for the buck for its kind, seems to retain value better, and the closest to a modernized Evo. ☺ Maybe later if I had enough with my Evo, I would upgrade to that one, maybe...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
why all option are bimmer???

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... hahahaha
Actually I just got lazy to add to the list. I'm still looking at your friends Subaru legacy and a Civic EK 4-door. Quite frankly I'm going to stop looking at EKs and maybe start considering FD2s. But hearing feedback from friends with FD and FB Civics doesn't give me too much confidence. Same goes for Subaru.

Also I happen to have a very strong BMW network now because of my old car and good friends who happen to be BMW nuts. So I know the realistic prices of BMWs and maintenance etc etc etc.

But I'm still open to ideas really.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Furthermore, the bimmers that I like are all damn expensive! Like 2015-2016 330i F30, expensive and pretty complicated like any modern European cars nowadays, plus the depreciation will definitely be a lot. Then the M cars, expensive prices and road tax. I do still keep an eye on AMG 45s though coz I think these are really special car that's worth the risk, best bang for the buck for its kind, seems to retain value better, and the closest to a modernized Evo. ☺ Maybe later if I had enough with my Evo, I would upgrade to that one, maybe...
Realistically I'm only looking at E90 and earlier BMWs only. Anything F-series and newer is out of the question... unless Uncle Toto or Aunty Magnum supports me.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Yeah I also don't dare to buy bimmer yet even though I know they're nice to drive. In fact I don't dare to buy any German or other non Japanese cars yet. Probably coz I don't have enough knowledge on them too so still scared to own one. The only non Japanese cars that I had ever had any experience we're my dad's 1984 Peugeot 505 and 1983 Mercs 280E. The 505 was super comfy but shit on other aspects, and the 280E was nice and built like a tank but also quite complicated for its time. The rest are all Japanese.
There u have it...u experienced a Merc 280E. Its complicated for it times but still out-spec some modern car up to the 90s heck even 2000s. It doesnt breakdown but parts are slightly expensive and drink fuel like we drink teh o ais limau or sirap limau ais at mid afternoon after 2hrs of site walk. Kinda like your Evo right?

Only the modern Merc and BMW are much more expensive to maintain due to the electronics. Go ahead and tag along with Izso when he test his future BMW so u know which one u want.

I dont BMW or Merc but mixed around with people and from my unreliable and limited data pool survey, majority of the person i talked to mentioned that Mercs are more reliable than BMW but its the other way around when we talked about which one more 'syiok' to drive.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Why dont u handover the key of your boxer (the engine..not the one below yr waist) and let him indulge for a week or two...

What can go wrong....right?
That's his daily. I can't be borrowing a car like his.

I've tried a lot of different BMWs and C-classes (the only one that I could possibly afford). I prefer the BMWs over the Mercs. Anyway I'm good with new test drives - thanks. I've already poisoned myself silly sitting in peoples cars and now I wanna avoid trying cars I can't afford.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Realistically I'm only looking at E90 and earlier BMWs only. Anything F-series and newer is out of the question... unless Uncle Toto or Aunty Magnum supports me.
Even E90 is already quite complicated car with lots of ekectronic sensors right? E90 325i was my consideration when buying Mark X but decided not to take it despite better driving feel.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Even E90 is already quite complicated car with lots of ekectronic sensors right? E90 325i was my consideration when buying Mark X but decided not to take it despite better driving feel.
If I had a choice between those two good car vs good car, I'd choose the MarkX too. The E90 is smaller inside comparatively. The electronics isn't actually as scary as I'd thought it'd be because like I said - I've built a very strong network of BMW friends and I've even managed to swap rear brakes in an E90 for RM100 with RM50 installation fee. The problematic driver side curtain airbag - RM350 as a fix. I could even change the head on the cheap if needed.

So let me know if ever need any sort of BMW E90 / E60 help.

Reactions: minibeany and 6UE5t

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
why all option are bimmer???

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... hahahaha
Because it's the ultimate driving machine. If I don't want to drive confirm It's the Vellfire.

Why dont u handover the key of your boxer (the engine..not the one below yr waist) and let him indulge for a week or two...

What can go wrong....right?
How did you know there's a key to his boxer (the one below his waist)? Wow, I wonder what you guys do when you're not on the forums. Oh, wait, don't tell me I actually don't want to know.

@Izso buy a car to drive, don't buy one to repair.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
If I had a choice between those two good car vs good car, I'd choose the MarkX too. The E90 is smaller inside comparatively. The electronics isn't actually as scary as I'd thought it'd be because like I said - I've built a very strong network of BMW friends and I've even managed to swap rear brakes in an E90 for RM100 with RM50 installation fee. The problematic driver side curtain airbag - RM350 as a fix. I could even change the head on the cheap if needed.

So let me know if ever need any sort of BMW E90 / E60 help.
Well I won't buy anymore cars in the near future.
Ahem, can 6UE5T take a hint? :biggrin:

Keep at home road tax also expensive
My X is for the wife now.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I plan to. Thanks. Haha!

Haha! Nice. it'll be a looooong time before you get sick of that Evo that's for sure.

Not asking you to sell to me la. I doubt I can afford your condition X la.
Yeah I always buy cars for long term use, at least minimum 3-4 years (mostly end up more than 5 years). Cannot afford to keep changing cars, so I think very hard and carefully before deciding to buy.

Yeah I also rather keep it coz still better than buying other automatic cars for that price range. Mine at least already pretty much done up to my liking and the wife loves it too.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I m driving a satria neo 1.6 (m). Would like some advise of wat piggy back or stand alone ECU to recommend. I heard Micro tec is good enough. I m looking for more torque than HP. Any idea i can get a 2nd stand alone ECU or piggy. i m currently holding on to a unichip b series ( before the Q version) not suitable for my cc. Any 1 would like to buy or trade in? Thanks for all shi fu's advise.:adore:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience