Will Izso buy a good car???

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
E46 must get a 2.5L Inline 6 or higher, i know his taste. But the roadtax and insurance may out of his budget?

Thanks,
Ken
Estimated budget 60k
325 or 328 is about 30k.
Assuming repair and upgrade to his taste 15k
Total 45k
Balance 15k

Roadtax 2.5liter is RM880
Balance 15k can pay for at least 10 more years of the high roadtax price??? The car will be almost 30 years old... enough liao lor... hehehe....

looks like i'm calculating for myself. LoL...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
E46 not in your list?
added. I actually don't mind e46s but has to be specific 2.2 or 2.5 though.

Btw what was your first car?
Nissan Sentra (Genting taxi version)

E46 must get a 2.5L Inline 6 or higher, i know his taste. But the roadtax and insurance may out of his budget?

Thanks,
Ken
You know me well... hahaha... and roadtax isn't a problem la. The max I'll go is 3.0 but if I have a choice I won't go there.

Not easy to match when must within this and that. This ok, that cannot, that ok, this cannot.....:dontknow:
Yeah.. this is what happens when you have the budget of a pauper.

Estimated budget 60k
325 or 328 is about 30k.
Assuming repair and upgrade to his taste 15k
Total 45k
Balance 15k

Roadtax 2.5liter is RM880
Balance 15k can pay for at least 10 more years of the high roadtax price??? The car will be almost 30 years old... enough liao lor... hehehe....

looks like i'm calculating for myself. LoL...
I think I can do better in-terms of price. 325/328 is less than 30k actually. Repairs all in probably 10k. Anyway I don't mind the age of the car as long as it's in great condition (no rust, preferably serious-accident-free)

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I think I can do better in-terms of price. 325/328 is less than 30k actually. Repairs all in probably 10k. Anyway I don't mind the age of the car as long as it's in great condition (no rust, preferably serious-accident-free)
This is your main problem. Your level of 'great condition' is actually showroom condition to others. I still remember the pics you post abt yr previous BMW which u insist is not completed yet.

This is my finding in your 'case':
1.The suspect does not seem to be having problem in the budget dept and he understand his capacity very well.
2.The suspect has no problem and understand the risk and cost involving purchase of 2nd hand 'premium' car.
3.The suspect knows what is he looking for and wont be influence by others.
4.The suspect shows indication that he is having an emotional side effect after the previous purchase.
5.The suspect is believed to have confirmed 80% on which one he wants to buy.

Conclusion
The suspect showed indication of which car he wanted to buy and had most probably decided in his heart & mind. The reason he havent decided to do so is because he is not under time constraint and his level or requirement & expectation is well above other normal buyer.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
This is your main problem. Your level of 'great condition' is actually showroom condition to others. I still remember the pics you post abt yr previous BMW which u insist is not completed yet.
Really? Being rust free and relatively problem free isn't really that far demand right? And yes I am quite fussy. Only because I know I've wasted too much money already.

This is my finding in your 'case':
1.The suspect does not seem to be having problem in the budget dept and he understand his capacity very well.
2.The suspect has no problem and understand the risk and cost involving purchase of 2nd hand 'premium' car.
3.The suspect knows what is he looking for and wont be influence by others.
4.The suspect shows indication that he is having an emotional side effect after the previous purchase.
5.The suspect is believed to have confirmed 80% on which one he wants to buy.
:marchmellow:

#1 is half true. I know my capacity very well but budget is stupidly tight.
#2 & #3 already burnt so much... sure la I understand the risks.
#4 I'm usually a robot. But you are right - my last few purchases has turned me into a emo-monster. I blame mid-life-crisis.
#5 yeah.. based on budget.

Conclusion
The suspect showed indication of which car he wanted to buy and had most probably decided in his heart & mind. The reason he havent decided to do so is because he is not under time constraint and his level or requirement & expectation is well above other normal buyer.
Not entirely true, I do have a time constraint. Just that budget doesn't let me simply buy one. Need to be very careful not to be burnt this time.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Not entirely true, I do have a time constraint. Just that budget doesn't let me simply buy one. Need to be very careful not to be burnt this time.
Ahh....so a 2.5 BMW is it.
Now its about which 2.5 BMW is the one that can tick all the right box in yr 300 page checklist.

Since u mentioned tine constraint, i am guessing within 1-2 month there will be a 5cyl car in your porch...or it wont be as its super satisfying to drive it around that its rarely parked inside as other cars might block its way out of the porch.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
You know me well... hahaha... and roadtax isn't a problem la. The max I'll go is 3.0 but if I have a choice I won't go there.
If you wan't hassle free and even lesser electronics to deal with, the 328i is good and its a square engine (84x84). There's torque across all the rev range, only problem is the intake manifold is somehow very restrictive, hence lower its peak HP. Other than that, almost everything else is alright.

Thanks,
Ken

Reactions: Izso

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Ahh....so a 2.5 BMW is it.
Now its about which 2.5 BMW is the one that can tick all the right box in yr 300 page checklist.

Since u mentioned tine constraint, i am guessing within 1-2 month there will be a 5cyl car in your porch...or it wont be as its super satisfying to drive it around that its rarely parked inside as other cars might block its way out of the porch.
5? Why would I want a Volvo. I'm not a huge fan but they are good cars though.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
If you wan't hassle free and even lesser electronics to deal with, the 328i is good and its a square engine (84x84). There's torque across all the rev range, only problem is the intake manifold is somehow very restrictive, hence lower its peak HP. Other than that, almost everything else is alright.
Is that the one with Nikasil?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
why all option are bimmer???

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... hahahaha

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
why all option are bimmer???

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... hahahaha
Yeah I also don't dare to buy bimmer yet even though I know they're nice to drive. In fact I don't dare to buy any German or other non Japanese cars yet. Probably coz I don't have enough knowledge on them too so still scared to own one. The only non Japanese cars that I had ever had any experience we're my dad's 1984 Peugeot 505 and 1983 Mercs 280E. The 505 was super comfy but shit on other aspects, and the 280E was nice and built like a tank but also quite complicated for its time. The rest are all Japanese.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i hav bought my car for bout 4 years....
i noticed that my headlamp is getting faded n not shining like new headlamps....
it is a bit blur.....

wat should i do 2 overcome this prob?

if buy a new pair will cost about 300......

i saw in the market, they offer sum kind of headlamp polisher,does that works?
if yes,wat brand of the polisher that really works....

suggestion pls....

thanks a lot>......:shades_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience