Known Member
Aug 27, 2018
i have updated my vote

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Ok since there seems to be people who are interested in what I'm gonna buy, here's a breakdown of everything so far :

I sold my E36 1JZ and now I have a budget of plus-minus 30k
  1. Camry old gen - This car choice is pretty obvious. Boring, reliable and unbreakable. But so far all the units I've seen so far are in horrible shape inside and quite frankly anything that old (2000 car) and still worth that much (cheapest so far I've come across is 36k) is a bit too much. Toyota resale value in M'sia is absurd.

2. Mark X 1st Gen - The 'upgraded Camry'. RWD and relatively spacious. Not a bad consideration but so far the good units are all above 38k and one 28k unit needed a lot of work on the electronics which I didn't really fancy. Still looking out for a cheap and cheerful unit but considering how expensive maintenance is for this car it's not really high on my list.

3. Altezza 3sge Beams AT 98% Mint Condition - seller is adamant on his 32k asking price, I'm hesitant because of the fact that it's an auto. I know I can change to manual cheaply etc etc but I don't want to go through that hassle and it'll be a while before I can fork out 5-6k to swap out the manual and all. I've already rejected this guys offer (recently) as he was not flexible with his asking price. Initially he started off 32k nego and then finally he refuses to budge. Kinda obvious he's trying to milk the fact that I liked the condition of his car.

4. Altezza 3sge Beams MT 98% mint that he cant afford - most mint RS200 manual I've come across so far inside and out. Mechanically very sound and very nice to drive. But 46k asking price means I will need a while before considering it. Or Toto. Or Magnum. Haven't rejected this offer but realistically can't afford it.

5. Volvo S80 - At 10k asking price, mechanically sound (receipts to prove change of everything recently) and T5 2.0 engine. Very spacious very magic carpet-ish and with that asking price, I could splurge 5k to do up the interior, 3k on suspension, 3k on wheels and tyres, and still have cash to spend on a nice family vacation. But the car's a doozy to drive and I can pretty much forget about touge and fun drives. Maintenance and parts will be a bit on the higher side but nothing i can't manage.

6. Nissan Sylphy - screw you @LimauKanker :thefinger:

7. Take lrt and bus 11 - seriously?

8. BMW E39 - Looks good. But so far I've yet to find one that I like. First one I saw was a 2.8L and was mechanically sound but the electric seats were shot and power windows were failing. The second one I saw was a 2.5L and it wouldn't kick down even when I floored it. Didn't like the cars. Going to see a few more but I honestly don't think I'll see one in good shape. What is with BMWs and not aging well?

9. Toyota Corolla 4AGE 6-speed manual mint condition - This car recently came to my attention. AE92 and is in absolutely mint condition with Australian interior and a show-car worthy stock 4AGE blacktop engine with the rare 6-speed manual. Realistically it's worth maybe 10k at most but considering how mint the car is the owner won't go that low and in fact he's hesitating on whether he wants to sell or not. Also I don't know if I could truly settle with a AE92 anyway. Probably will be a hoot to drive though.. 6-speed manual blacktop.

10. Altezza 3SGE Beams manual Z edition (the one I CAN afford) - This car is probably the one I'll get. 32k (nego) and in Penang. It's currently waiting on a buyer getting approval for his personal loan but if that doesn't go through then it's mine. Pretty mint looking car and at that price it's within my price bracket. I haven't seen the car yet but when the buyer drops out, I'll view the car before settling.

And that's all I can say. I've seen a few cars already and so far nothing speaks to me loudly and clearly except for one E60.. dammit I never should have test driven that car. It's good but way over budget.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Volvo S80- This item on it's own wont get much votes. Perhaps state the reason why it's in the list

i voted s80 2.5 t5

dat 5cyl sound... on its own league

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Camry old gen -Toyota resale value in M'sia is absurd.
Since price isnt cheap and you already have Mark X in the list, I think we can safely ignore this.

Mark X 1st Gen - The 'upgraded Camry'. RWD and relatively spacious. Not a bad consideration but so far the good units are all above 38k. Still looking out for a cheap and cheerful unit
The hot favorite among those polled. Not really that much outside of your budget

Altezza 3sge Beams AT 98% Mint Condition - I've already rejected this guys offer[

Altezza 3sge Beams MT 98% mint that he cant afford - But 46k realistically can't afford it.

Nissan Sylphy - screw you @LimauKanker :thefinger:
No longer in consideration

Volvo S80 - At 10k asking price, mechanically sound (receipts to prove change of everything recently) and T5 2.0 engine. Very spacious very magic carpet-ish and with that asking price, I could splurge 5k to do up the interior, 3k on suspension, 3k on wheels and tyres, and still have cash to spend on a nice family vacation. But the car's a doozy to drive and I can pretty much forget about touge and fun drives. Maintenance and parts will be a bit on the higher side but nothing i can't manage. .
It's priced attractively, well maintained and rides well; just not a touge car. Will keep you out of trouble and who here thinks Volvos arent safe cars? It's a lot of car for the price of 10K.

BMW E39 - Looks good. But so far I've yet to find one that I like. What is with BMWs and not aging well?
Not the car that didnt age well. More a case of cheap owners

Toyota Corolla 4AGE 6-speed manual mint condition - This car recently came to my attention. AE92 and is in absolutely mint condition with Australian interior and a show-car worthy stock 4AGE blacktop engine with the rare 6-speed manual. Realistically it's worth maybe 10k at most but considering how mint the car is the owner won't go that low and in fact he's hesitating on whether he wants to sell or not. Also I don't know if I could truly settle with a AE92 anyway. Probably will be a hoot to drive though.. 6-speed manual blacktop. .
Can consider if you're a die hard classic car fan. Are you?

Altezza 3SGE Beams manual Z edition (the one I CAN afford) - This car is probably the one I'll get. 32k (nego) and in Penang. It's currently waiting on a buyer getting approval for his personal loan but if that doesn't go through then it's mine. Pretty mint looking car and at that price it's within my price bracket. I haven't seen the car yet but when the buyer drops out, I'll view the car before settling.
This looks like your new hot favorite

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
It's priced attractively, well maintained and rides well; just not a touge car. Will keep you out of trouble and who here thinks Volvos arent safe cars? It's a lot of car for the price of 10K.
Damn, now I feel like buying a Volvo S80

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Woohooo Mark X in the lead! Unfortunately your budget is too low for me otherwise I'd offer mine already. :biggrin:

Btw just in case you don't know yet before you choose this car, maybe I'd need to tell you also 1 thing I dislike about it but cannot do anything about it which is the auto gearbox behavior when in Sport/tiptronic mode:
1. It's quite laggy/slow to change gear. But this is a conventional torque converter AT after all so yeah like that. So when trying to push it hard, I need to hit my paddle shift or shift knob just a few hundred rpms before red line otherwise I will hit the rev limiter due to the late action of the gear engagement.
2. Even if you select a specific gear, say 4th, it can still downshift on it's own if it feels the gear is too high. So it's not 100% in your control.
3. When you switch from normal AT mode to Tiptronic, instead of continuing in the same gear, by default it selects either 5th (for non facelift 2004-2006 model) or 4th (for facelift model 2007-2009).
other weaknesses like brakes, handling, and power, you can still improve them but this AT behavior is stuck with the car.

Reactions: Izso and alcyon

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Ok since there seems to be people who are interested in what I'm gonna buy, here's a breakdown of everything so far :

I sold my E36 1JZ and now I have a budget of plus-minus 30k
  1. Camry old gen - This car choice is pretty obvious. Boring, reliable and unbreakable. But so far all the units I've seen so far are in horrible shape inside and quite frankly anything that old (2000 car) and still worth that much (cheapest so far I've come across is 36k) is a bit too much. Toyota resale value in M'sia is absurd.

2. Mark X 1st Gen - The 'upgraded Camry'. RWD and relatively spacious. Not a bad consideration but so far the good units are all above 38k and one 28k unit needed a lot of work on the electronics which I didn't really fancy. Still looking out for a cheap and cheerful unit but considering how expensive maintenance is for this car it's not really high on my list.

3. Altezza 3sge Beams AT 98% Mint Condition - seller is adamant on his 32k asking price, I'm hesitant because of the fact that it's an auto. I know I can change to manual cheaply etc etc but I don't want to go through that hassle and it'll be a while before I can fork out 5-6k to swap out the manual and all. I've already rejected this guys offer (recently) as he was not flexible with his asking price. Initially he started off 32k nego and then finally he refuses to budge. Kinda obvious he's trying to milk the fact that I liked the condition of his car.

4. Altezza 3sge Beams MT 98% mint that he cant afford - most mint RS200 manual I've come across so far inside and out. Mechanically very sound and very nice to drive. But 46k asking price means I will need a while before considering it. Or Toto. Or Magnum. Haven't rejected this offer but realistically can't afford it.

5. Volvo S80 - At 10k asking price, mechanically sound (receipts to prove change of everything recently) and T5 2.0 engine. Very spacious very magic carpet-ish and with that asking price, I could splurge 5k to do up the interior, 3k on suspension, 3k on wheels and tyres, and still have cash to spend on a nice family vacation. But the car's a doozy to drive and I can pretty much forget about touge and fun drives. Maintenance and parts will be a bit on the higher side but nothing i can't manage.

6. Nissan Sylphy - screw you @LimauKanker :thefinger:

7. Take lrt and bus 11 - seriously?

8. BMW E39 - Looks good. But so far I've yet to find one that I like. First one I saw was a 2.8L and was mechanically sound but the electric seats were shot and power windows were failing. The second one I saw was a 2.5L and it wouldn't kick down even when I floored it. Didn't like the cars. Going to see a few more but I honestly don't think I'll see one in good shape. What is with BMWs and not aging well?

9. Toyota Corolla 4AGE 6-speed manual mint condition - This car recently came to my attention. AE92 and is in absolutely mint condition with Australian interior and a show-car worthy stock 4AGE blacktop engine with the rare 6-speed manual. Realistically it's worth maybe 10k at most but considering how mint the car is the owner won't go that low and in fact he's hesitating on whether he wants to sell or not. Also I don't know if I could truly settle with a AE92 anyway. Probably will be a hoot to drive though.. 6-speed manual blacktop.

10. Altezza 3SGE Beams manual Z edition (the one I CAN afford) - This car is probably the one I'll get. 32k (nego) and in Penang. It's currently waiting on a buyer getting approval for his personal loan but if that doesn't go through then it's mine. Pretty mint looking car and at that price it's within my price bracket. I haven't seen the car yet but when the buyer drops out, I'll view the car before settling.

And that's all I can say. I've seen a few cars already and so far nothing speaks to me loudly and clearly except for one E60.. dammit I never should have test driven that car. It's good but way over budget.
Penang tezza ... msg me, we pusing at balik pulau. hahaha..

Reactions: Izso

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Woohooo Mark X in the lead! Unfortunately your budget is too low for me otherwise I'd offer mine already. :biggrin:

Btw just in case you don't know yet before you choose this car, maybe I'd need to tell you also 1 thing I dislike about it but cannot do anything about it which is the auto gearbox behavior when in Sport/tiptronic mode:
1. It's quite laggy/slow to change gear. But this is a conventional torque converter AT after all so yeah like that. So when trying to push it hard, I need to hit my paddle shift or shift knob just a few hundred rpms before red line otherwise I will hit the rev limiter due to the late action of the gear engagement.
2. Even if you select a specific gear, say 4th, it can still downshift on it's own if it feels the gear is too high. So it's not 100% in your control.
3. When you switch from normal AT mode to Tiptronic, instead of continuing in the same gear, by default it selects either 5th (for non facelift 2004-2006 model) or 4th (for facelift model 2007-2009).
other weaknesses like brakes, handling, and power, you can still improve them but this AT behavior is stuck with the car.
This is more or less older AT transmission "disease".

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Knn .. I cannot tambah without selling, meh?
Which bimmer you got. New addition?

The BMW E39, avoid the 2.8L like the plague, those are the old ones.

The Tezza Z vs E39, both different type of vehicle. So really depends what you want. I'd skip the Corolla, the Camry and the Mark X.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Eibach sucks

Eibach pro kit for putra.
Front - 2 fingers.
Rear - 5 fingers.

Just after a week, the front started to give "ekkkk ekkkkkk" sound on the driver side whenever i pass through road bumps or uneven road. And what's more? The ABS light also blinks occasionally (wheel touching the ABS wire until it hurts). I went to tyre shop and asked them to put rubber. But the annoying sound is still there. Dunno whether the Monroe absorber already kong or not. But there's no sign of any...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience