Will drifting spoil the car?

nickoholic

Known Member
Sep 16, 2004
KL>Pandan Indah
Visit site
Originally posted by WinDz@Oct 11 2004, 23:02
nickoholic: if u ask me .. i dont call all this drift la.. just more like ass dragging... (own opinion and experience, again pls dun fire me.. >.<)by using a hard springs ur car will yaw less .. cos last time when i use stock springs.. car yaw like hell when i do heavy cornering and when i counter the car goes 360 degree.(luckily that time no car, if not im sure dead) im pretty satisfy using hard springs to play around now even my butt memang suffer la going out bumps.
ic..now thats more like it..
i was crackin my head figuring how to drift an FF car..kekeke :lol:
i'm also using a comparatively hard springs,not so much prob with humps but really uneasy when travelling on uneven roads(holes everywhere),coz car like goin to tear apart due to vibration..

i dun really know anything bout "yaw"..
izzit mean car tilt like a boat while cornering?

mayb u could share some of yr experience with me bout sharp cornering,360 and yaw..
i'm a new driver.. still P :huh:

WinDz

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2004
Visit site
im so sorry that i seriously dunno how to explain in words in the forums.. i fear that i might give u the wrong information. u going any TT ? or perhalps we can talk about things and share some experience during TT.

synail

Known Member
May 13, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by WinDz@Oct 12 2004, 08:50
im so sorry that i seriously dunno how to explain in words in the forums.. i fear that i might give u the wrong information. u going any TT ? or perhalps we can talk about things and share some experience during TT.
aiyoh windz
dun shy shy lah

szekeiemme

3,000 RPM
Feb 14, 2004
Visit site
windz.. king of FF drift.. kelepet all de corner... ehehhee

FF to drift.. ppl use handbrake lo...n must hav fast momentum...wut else... big space to try... n balls to do it..

WinDz

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2004
Visit site
WOOHOO!!! da drifting kelisa is here.. u wanna know more about handbrake and ass drag, our taiko CKM can teach u.. i also learn abit abit from him wan man..

synail: not to say shy ler.. but i seriously dunno how to put things in words and takut kena flame leh... >.<

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
haha, what a topic. :D

i think drifting for ff stock cars will cause suspension wear n tear excessively, tires botak faster, car front lower arms to get loose, kacau wheel allignment and balancing...hm...wat else ar?oh, maybe more loose parts as well.

after all that i've mentioned according to my experience, i admit that i drive a stock ff car, and still drift.

I'm lovin' it. :P

cheers

Waja1.6X

Known Member
Oct 4, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.facebook.com
FR car is for drifting la....FF can onli ass-drag.....try e-braking....best way for FF car to get the "Drift" feeling.... ;)

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
haha, yep, only the hand brakes will help. unless, if u r insane enough, try playing with the camber settings, buy botak tires, stiff suspensions, and a whole lot of b@lls to corner at high speeds. never tried it though, but mayb it'll work. lol :P

Autoracingsyndicate

Sep 1, 2004
Originally posted by nickoholic@Oct 9 2004, 15:16
FF=front engine,front wheel drive
FR=f.engine,rear w.d
MR=Middle engine,rear w.d

anymore than this??dunno la..

proton is FF obviously!! :)
Yeah there is more
RR=Rear engine,rear w.d. :rolleyes:

learnyee

Aug 3, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
Originally posted by bullet_nos@Oct 27 2004, 15:33
haha, yep, only the hand brakes will help. unless, if u r insane enough, try playing with the camber settings, buy botak tires, stiff suspensions, and a whole lot of b@lls to corner at high speeds. never tried it though, but mayb it'll work. lol :P
I have the almost botak rear tyres, unfortunately, my brother ram it at divider due to lose control during corning......

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Aston Martin is launching an exciting new one-make race series for Asia. This follows the announcement of two new Aston Martin dealerships in Shanghai and Beijing.

Called the Aston Martin Asia Cup (AMAC), the series starts in 2008 and will consist of 12 races throughout the Asia Pacific region including China, Japan, Malaysia and Singapore. Each race will feature a grid of 18 Aston Martin Vantage N24s, a 4.3 litre race-developed evolution of the V8 Vantage which has been proven in endurance...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience