Why the Evo X with Manual tranny does not available in Malaysia?

MFF

Dec 23, 2014
PJ
I think the reason these dealers brought in the SST version is so that they hope the car will appeal to a larger category of buyers. Look at it this way, not everyone can operate a manual transmission properly and we're talking about performance MT cars with heavy clutch feel. Not practical if you are using very often in places like KL where traffic jams occur frequently. With semi-auto gearbox, it is almost like anyone can drive an Evo easily. Just shift to D and there you go. No clutch balancing or worries that you might stall the car halfway.

So, I think that the statement about Evo X manual will be selling like hot cakes might not be that accurate. Evo purist will definitely go for the cheaper and faster Evo IX. 4G63T in IX has a long history of reliable engine tuning options compared to the newer aluminum block 4B11T engine. Besides, IX comes with 6 speed manual compared to 5 speed manual in X. Currently, even WRX STI Version 10 suffers the same fate because many dealers are bringing in automatic versions of it.
hmm yeah, i can 100% agree with that. after all, we have to accept in the next generation, most sports car makers won't be doing Manual gearbox anymore or at least it gets much lesser. more people buy cars, traffic jams everywhere, semi-auto is the best option drivers could have. sad but true...

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
SST had the advantage because it is easy to use and it is more fun than torque converter. But the existence of these semi-manual gearboxes are killing the true manual boxes... I still feel that drivers will have more freedom and control in manual gearbox. There is this sense of excitement when you shift the gear knob and during the time when you engage/disengages the clutch. Flipping the paddles still doesn't sound right to me.
But SST dual clutch suppose to aid faster gear change. One for odd and one for even gears...:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
hmm yeah, i can 100% agree with that. after all, we have to accept in the next generation, most sports car makers won't be doing Manual gearbox anymore or at least it gets much lesser. more people buy cars, traffic jams everywhere, semi-auto is the best option drivers could have. sad but true...
Probably we can still see manual in entry or mid range performance cars but not anymore in high end categories.

One thing is, people in Europe still prefers manual over auto. Many of them drive new Audi, BMW and Mercedes in manual transmission versions.

But SST dual clutch suppose to aid faster gear change. One for odd and one for even gears...:driver:
Yeah, the gearbox is separated into two sections with 2 clutches. Faster gear change is one good point only. Still got other disadvantages like requirement of gearbox fluid and ATF cooler, heavier weight, expensive manufacturing costs... I used to think that double clutch gearboxes are the best until I've read about their disadvantages. :banghead:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I dunno about you, but I buy a car because like it. And find it fun to drive. I don't care about the technology that comes with it.

MFF

Dec 23, 2014
PJ
well yes, if i listen to others, i would surely just go for the Evo IX anytime, but i'd still prefer the Evo X, the saddest part is when u can afford something but cannot buy it cuz it's really really hard to find here... :banghead:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
well yes, if i listen to others, i would surely just go for the Evo IX anytime, but i'd still prefer the Evo X, the saddest part is when u can afford something but cannot buy it cuz it's really really hard to find here... :banghead:
Well the true saddest thing is the X chassis/design is already almost 8yrs old and yet Mitsu has no indication of introducing an all new Evo XI, and they seem to drop this legend from the line up!

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
If you are not urgent to get it, then perhaps you can wait and keep an eye out on websites like mudah for any indications of manual Evo X. Or you can try and get to know those people from Evo X club or MLOC to ask about it?

Well the true saddest thing is the X chassis/design is already almost 8yrs old and yet Mitsu has no indication of introducing an all new Evo XI, and they seem to drop this legend from the line up!
8 years is quite long... Even their previous chassis transition from CD9A -> CE9A -> CN9A -> CP9A -> CT9A din't really take more than 5 years each.

EVOFans

Known Member
Aug 29, 2006
Recent round TTA Street AWD Turbo EVO X is a manual unit i believe
I also spotted one more red EVO X which is manual before too
For guarantee of car quality,find dealer which give you access to japanese car auction database & you pick which car they import(I believe it is possible to buy auction report too with the chassis # which should give you an idea of how good condition is the car)
Japanese auction house grade car accordingly

LanunFX

Aug 4, 2008
I just go my X SST in January from importer in Kelantan. At the time of pick-up the car, the salesman told me that they're importing two more evoX, one of them is manual. The manual already booked by someone from KL. Yes, the grey importer can import d car for you but the waiting time is longer.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

For anyone embarking on a budget sim rig journey considering using a cheap / spare TV instead of computer monitor, this is what I gathered from my recent sim racing experience, comparing my existing 55″ 1080 TV setup to a computer monitor.

While the expansive TV screen offered immersive visuals, the computer monitor brought forth a sharper focus on details and a faster response...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience