Why the Evo X with Manual tranny does not available in Malaysia?

MFF

MFF

Dec 23, 2014
PJ
I have tried to find everywhere on the internet, still cannot find a Manual Evo X for sale in Malaysia, since 2013! even the used car brought in SST model. Any of you guys knows what are the reasons?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I have tried to find everywhere on the internet, still cannot find a Manual Evo X for sale in Malaysia, since 2013! even the used car brought in SST model. Any of you guys knows what are the reasons?
Same as in other cars, they bring in auto version only as manual is not sort after nowadays....

MFF

MFF

Dec 23, 2014
PJ
Same as in other cars, they bring in auto version only as manual is not sort after nowadays....
Well if i want to order from Japan, i should ask someone who has an AP is it? Sorry sifu, not familiar with this kind of thing.

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
because less Malaysian bought manual these days...

find grey importer than pay deposit, ask them to bring in manual evo x..
then wait..

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Well if i want to order from Japan, i should ask someone who has an AP is it? Sorry sifu, not familiar with this kind of thing.
Yup, like bro. Waiora mentioned, check with grey importers if they can import for you...

MFF

MFF

Dec 23, 2014
PJ
because less Malaysian bought manual these days...

find grey importer than pay deposit, ask them to bring in manual evo x..
then wait..
i thought of that, but it's just logically, sometimes it takes months to wait for the car to arrive after deposit and procedure is done. i was just curious cuz there are evo hardcores in Malaysia but till now cant find any of them upgrade to manual evo x, some just got SST's only.

thunderkiss_65

Known Member

thunderkiss_65

Known Member
Feb 4, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
You can get a manual here but probably have to wait till a grey importer brings it in. There was quite a few manuals up for sale some time back in mudah.com

Avoid paying a booking fee/ deposit to bring it in, as importers here are profit driven and you might end up with a lemon despite being told a " gred A " import

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Agree to that, don't pay deposit. If they can bring in then go have a look. If they can't then just forget it.

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

i thought of that, but it's just logically, sometimes it takes months to wait for the car to arrive after deposit and procedure is done. i was just curious cuz there are evo hardcores in Malaysia but till now cant find any of them upgrade to manual evo x, some just got SST's only.
Got hardcore but they use SST....

MFF

MFF

Dec 23, 2014
PJ
well, quite a risk to have it import here though. maybe i should just find another car, cuz sometimes it's not worth the risk, this kind of things value hundreds of thousands and putting that amount on the risk is really not worth it. too sad to know that it is really hard to get that Manual Evo X here.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
well, quite a risk to have it import here though. maybe i should just find another car, cuz sometimes it's not worth the risk, this kind of things value hundreds of thousands and putting that amount on the risk is really not worth it. too sad to know that it is really hard to get that Manual Evo X here.
If you have the patience, you might be able to find one here. I saw before for some manual Evo X for a few times at mudah.

Since you are thinking of getting another car, maybe you can consider CT9A Evo VIII or Evo IX if you are looking for performance. 4G63T (MIVEC is implemented in Evo IX) in both of those cars are more powerful than 4B11T in Evo X. Besides, those two can be available with 6 speed manual transmission...

MFF

MFF

Dec 23, 2014
PJ
i have never drove/tested/owned an evo, but have been experience with k20a and ej20 before. made lots of research about evos, personally much prefer the evo x, over the previous gen, might say because of the latest technology that Mitsubishi offers, new dashboard, new looks, and main point is that, not gonna get malu la with mother-in-law if wanna bring her go pasar pagi. hehe. the car also looks comfortable and suitable for daily ride.

not saying the evo ix and others are bad, that 4g63 is a legendary, it was my dream car, but at one point, you might ask yourself why didn't u get a better car, something that's new and fresh when you had that chance. after all it's just my personal opinions.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
but at one point, you might ask yourself why didn't u get a better car, something that's new and fresh when you had that chance. after all it's just my personal opinions.
Wow.. just wow. :biggrin:

The earlier Evos have a timeless design. Put a Evo 7 side by side with any modern 4 door pocket rocket I'm quite sure the Evo will out-technology, out-run, out-fun, out-chun, out-everything the more modern car.

And what's worse is if you drive a Evo X, people will first think : "is that a bodykitted Inspira?"

But ultimately it's personal opinion like you said. So cheers man.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i now use original VR4 wiring i think i will change it because have many problem ,i think i will change to evo 3 wiring but i scary that will have the same problem like engine just shut off.. ... timing no like shit... so what do i need to do....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience