Why campro engines fail on crank!!! Campro 1.6 vs 4g92p

sagacokelat

Mar 11, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
good info bro... worried oredi bcoz im always gasak my car huhuhu... no wonder la gen 2 1st batch have issue engine pecah...
i think new campro oredi improve this part because no complaint about engine issue....

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
4G18 stroker kit can be easily modified to match a S4P block but the capacity will be slightly lower and the target wheel needs to be relocated on the crank pulley. A new bracket is needed for the sensor too.

However, with lighter conrods from 4G15, hi-comp and oversized S4PE pistons, skim block (~0.5mm), plus dynamic balancing, probably nitride surface hardening, it will perform better than stock and more durable.

The question is - is it worth it?

senbe84

Known Member
Apr 25, 2008
my drex,how much is the nitride harden will cost us?most of us dont know the price for it,so not sure worth it or not.enlight us if u may.huhu.

btw,since u always deal with campro,have u heard about campro crankshaft snap nowadays?

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
The cost varies depending on where you do it or through whom you do it. I have yet to find out a reliable one at a reasonable price tag.

No, no more crank problem for the recent year.

senbe84

Known Member
Apr 25, 2008
mostly would cost how much for this treatment?if u dont have exact pricing,might as well quote the range of price we could expect for such services.As a guideline for us for future planning.

The problem of crankshaft snap is design failure or material failure bro?since u always deal with campro,i think ur the one who most trusted for such questions...

Alok

Aug 3, 2007
miri sarawak
The hole in the conrod bearing is not for oil entry. Almost all (if not all) crank bearings and conrod bearings oil supply is from the crank shaft it self. The hole is mainly for piston cooling.

Most aftermarket conrod do not have the oil hole. They can work without it..

The holes under the piston are for oil drainage from the piston oil scraper rings. It is never intended for oil supply to the rings..

I suspect what cause premature failure of the conrod bearing is the conrod and the conrod cap are not aligned properly.. proton bad machine work...
i thk the engine oil also important, full synthetic oil can do much lubricating in big end bearing... how do you thk?

satria_neo

Aug 1, 2011
Singapore
I did not read thru the entire thread. However I personally do not think the oil holes are the cause of the issue. This is because I previously have a BMW 318IS which uses the M42B18 engine. There are no oil holes on the conrod and bearings.

Failure of rod bearings or crank is unheard of except for oil starvation under racing conditions. Hence, I would say the hole for lubrication is optional.

Kevin_Tan

From Facebook
Jul 26, 2011
Penang / KL
www.facebook.com
Can't believe this topic still popular until today. Actually the crankshaft snap problem still happen until today. But only happen on those campro that used to accelerate from static or to be precised those drag frequently. i think those who know me personally , they know that my campro made in 2004/5 or first batch running with turbocharge system until today. Engine still running fine until today , 4 yrs already with turbocharge and amount of torque produced was 2.5 times of standard modified campro. The reason why my engine won't fail until today , i never practice to accelerate from static with WOT and high rev launching. High speed cruising at 220km/hr and full boosting 0.6 bar for some distance on highway quite often. Here what i try to deliver is campro crankshaft can not withstand or force to move weight 1.2 tan from static up to certain speed too frequent , the shock of sudden engage of clutch which carried weight 1.2 tan will snap the crankshaft if the shock or transient just happen at right timing. Recently i just receive a msg of my customer's crankshaft and that car built for drag purpose. Crankshaft snap after many session of drag launching practice. But this fellow was lucky that crankshaft totally snap off during low speed cruising and engine stall due to trigger wheel wasn't rotate as supposed to be. The crack line propagation is not happen immediate but extend a little bit with each sudden shock happened.

misai

Mar 29, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
wah...this make me worry even more...since my car clocked 40000km...and i do rev and highspeed a few times every month...scare man...wonder can mobil 1 engine oil im using now can protect this shit o nt...:rofl:....proton oh proton....why can make something perfect..we people just need a reliable car is more than enough...:vollkommenauf:

and wonder can it last at least 150000km++ without any overhaul or problem....btw any campro user pass 150k km??
so far mine already 220000km++ hari2 gasak..still no problem mehh...

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

btw do u think skimming + timing belt and piston ring replacement = rm1500 is normal?
can get new with that 1.5k...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Boss..wanna know if aircon receiver spoilt/the switch which control the rpm ( usually on top of the receiver ) spolt means what happen ???I've been having this problem recently and it's soo sickening.The rpm will be soo inconsistant and it effect the temp too.I brought it to a/con shop n that fella change the switch ( 2nd hand ..new one is pretty costly ).The next day the same problem happened.I'm feeling sick as the car is sooo inferior to drive !!Whenehev I stop ( eg traffic light ) the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience