Why campro engines fail on crank!!! Campro 1.6 vs 4g92p

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
that's not the question ma.. ya absorbers and everything like that can be easily produced, there's no real laws on whether or not this absorbers can or cannot be copied.. u know how it works right? company a who producers absorbers might strip down company b's absorbers and see where they can improve.. so like wise with a car, ya i don't deny persona / gen2 has a very good handling but that's all because it had the Mitsu DNA in their chassis and also the platform from mitsu which is already a well proven car on track and rallying.. My point is, why not do something better in recalling all previous batch of campro's and retrofit a new revised conrod bearing or crankshaft so that malaysians will trust and continue their support in Proton.. Like what u said earlier, ya the persona handles almost as well as a beemer but i think in the long run the beemer's engine will outlast the persona anytime.
Err.. I mean after changing the abs.... If u've heard of TITAN. Handles well with comfort... Uncle Richard did improvement and R&D from time to time...

Sorry, back to the topic. In automotive manufacturing, they need to recover the cost of the mold. However, it's not hard to improve from the previous Mitsu model. Even 4G13/15 has solid internals.

We have PAR conrod factory in Malaysia. RND is always available.

And it's how the management is of Proton is... Well, I'm not sure about this.

Okie, 1 simple example. I friend from UNITEN. His final year project was building a Open Wheel Race Car with a 4G91 engine + GB mounted behind the seat, reduced size radiator. Air intake on the head rest like F1. Whole Chasis designed by the team, of course with reference to the F1 car. Without driver car weight 600KG mild steel hollow sections + round section.

Using motorcycle springs + absorbers and design in parallel orientation on a double wishbone suspension....

Tested in Sepang. I think Mahathir's son was there. Clocked top speed 240km/h.

Everything built within RM12K

Sorry for the long stories... For the patrotism he has, he went to the national car manufacturer for an RND position... Ended up, having sent to production dept with RM1300 as fresh graduation salary... Finally, can't survive... So, he quited the job...

Just trying to say how the company appreciates tallents...

mfa_145

Known Member
May 27, 2009
AMPANG SELANGOR
well in Malaysia is like that.
not like for example US where the Gov. takes good care of those brilliant people and treats them as a very valuable asset. they dont have to send children to school, fetch them after school etc2. they just concentrate to their work. that's how Malaysian regardless Gov. or private companies should do to their valuable assets.

max327

Aug 16, 2010
N/A
anymore photo of the campro/campro-cps internal?
though it don't have oil channel on the conrod bearing, but still have on the crank right? got photo to show?

fatality69

Jan 9, 2009
Kch/Swk
Does Campro engine still fails at the crank for the newer batches? Cuz i dun hear much of it anymore....

yusuf

Apr 12, 2007
So does anyone know which conrod can be matched with the Campro engine??
I mean, since there's so much complaints about the engine..Everybody seems to know what's causing the problem..any solution???Will the engine be able to overcome the problem if the conrods are changed??

SLRcool

Sep 12, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
fainted....after seeing so much complain from the campro engine...
i'm currently driving a satria neo cps....love it so much...
track kaki...always high rev...
planning to go with high cam...but now...i think i will save the money...
wait till the engine habis...change to mivec....=.=

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

fainted....after seeing so much complain from the campro engine...
i'm currently driving a satria neo cps....love it so much...
track kaki...always high rev...
planning to go with high cam...but now...i think i will save the money...
wait till the engine habis...change to mivec....=.=

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Very informative... Thank you for the hard work!!!

senbe84

Known Member
Apr 25, 2008
any updates about this issue ar? I havent heard about crankshaft patah for a long time already.New cps engine got problem?I wanna project my campro internal but was held back becoz of this...paisehhh

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Hope they've improved the problem. This thread has been copied and pasted in other forum
All over the cyber space. Hope someone will read and improve.

Ron-97

Jan 3, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
hello there guys... i kinda need a bit help here..just recently buy a perdana v6..
i dunt know about car that much but willing to learn..
im currently having problem with the gearbox right now..
so a few people told me to buy a new gearbox LSD Mitsubishi 2.0 manual ( is this right?)
i would like an opinion on this..can i be fix into perdana and works??

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
hello there guys... i kinda need a bit help here..just recently buy a perdana v6..
i dunt know about car that much but willing to learn..
im currently having problem with the gearbox right now..
so a few people told me to buy a new gearbox LSD Mitsubishi 2.0 manual ( is this right?)
i would like an opinion on this..can i be fix into perdana and works??
Wrong section. But anyway, common problem for V6. U have to find the Mitsubishi v6 GB complete with the gb mountings. Gb is not hard to find, but the mounting brackets are. Good luck.

Ron-97

Jan 3, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
thank you for the advise.. and i am so sorry for posting this question in the wrong thread...
could you assist me 1 more things.

what type for Mitsubishi v6 car that can easy find here in malaysia for the GB