White smoke

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
Hi all,

This morning while I'm waiting for the engine to heat up, i saw white smoke coming out from my exhaust, the white smoke is not that bad as those motorbike smoke. What could this be ar? muffler going off soon? or? :unsure:

Supachip

Known Member
Apr 9, 2004
puucuung
White smoke in the morning is being caused by cold atmosphere temperature. Whereas smoke being emitted by engine oil consumption is "blue white".

badguy

500 RPM
Jun 15, 2004
Originally posted by GSR5559@Nov 19 2004, 09:40
engine cold might have white smoke..but if after hours or few minutes of driving,temp go up to normal side, still got white smoke den that is not normal..it cud be worn out piston rings ... jus my 2 cents
correct!!!!
if after the engine temperature up to working temp still got white smoke then
piston ring kong
top ovehaul
RM 500 to 1000

in this period check ur engine oil often often

lix

Known Member
Nov 5, 2004
Visit site
I think the white smoke that you mentioned is stim (water vapor). Especially during morning when the temp is low.Eg, when you go to Genting, when you speaks the hot air from your mouth collied with the cold air, you will see there is white smoke come out from your mouth :blink: . Just like our car, when the air and fuel mixed and burned, the hot gases will travell through the exh pipe and will exit through the tip. The hot gases will collied with the cold and humid atmosfere & this will produce the white smoke. :D :lol:

bryan90s

500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
white smoke? i got too on very cold morning or night after rain....rev abit then will gone....check lub oil level will knw whether engine consume lub oil or not

another possible cause....these days always rain and flood....so when the hot exhaust pipe touches water...stim every where

bryan90s

500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
thts wat happened to my new car....went for a overhaul..luckily is FOC...

no leak no white smoke....nothing....but sometime vibrated violently...

bryan90s

500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
is only top overhaul...

all the item replaced are listed on the receipt...

valve spring, seal, etc...need to look back...cant remember....

left my car for a week there <_<

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
Fuhhhh, lucky is normal because this morning I double check again when I let the engine run for 5 minutes .. no smoke at all :D .. May I know what that cause the pistons worn out? :rolleyes: :unsure:

alexnek

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
it's vapour... if continuos occured (the exchaust smell abit diff), need overhaul.... i just did one wira overhaul.... now engine like new.

yinho

Known Member
Sep 27, 2004
Visit site
if ur car come out white smoke only in the morning is normal
if during driving, might be ur valve seal hardened. need to change.

but u also have to see wat kind of white smoke, some whitish, some blueish white

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I am doing this to help a close friend in KL.

"Hello,

My mom, Ayaka Yoshinaga, is missing from home since November 26th evening. We have tried calling her many times but there is no response from her. I'm not sure if this method works but I would like to ask for your help to try find her as soon as possible. We are concerned that she may be sick, injured, or someone is trying to harm her.

Here is my mom's picture and she drives silver Toyota Rush with car number plate...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience