White smoke from EvoIII

greygen2

Aug 26, 2007
Terengganu
Hi guys,need help&advice on this.

I own a perdana with evo3 engine.Just days ago I noticed white smoke was coming out of exhaust in the morning when started the car.I thought it was just normal in the morning bt it got worst after about just half an hour of drive,the smoke was coming out more and more especially in low gears.It even smoked during 100km/h above and in high gear.What really boogles is my turbo kicks in late around 4000+ rpm.The boost is only on 0.7/8 bar when I used to get 1 bar on 3800+ rpm.I know that there was power loss.Another thing is last month,when I pulled out the oil dipstick,my engine oil level is very low that turned really black and kinda 'berbuih'.

I was thinking there was somewhere leaking.I checked under the hood and everything seemed to be o.k.No hoses 'tercabut' or anything.Some specs of the car,maybe could help.

Stock EvoIII turbo TD05H
Sard fpr at 4.0
Fuel injector (not sure-there were 2 yellow and 2 blue coded)
Stock perdana fuel pumps
SAFC (have it reset now)

azizi.aziz

1,500 RPM
Jul 5, 2006
Kena bukak enjin lah alamatnya... or maybe turbo dah kong..
Any weird sound while turbo kick in??? Yeah..kena bukak top head..I think small matter...might be valve/oil seal worn out...if got budget check the turbo also...

greygen2

Aug 26, 2007
Terengganu
Any weird sound while turbo kick in??? Yeah..kena bukak top head..I think small matter...might be valve/oil seal worn out...if got budget check the turbo also...
It waz a bit louder than usual when turbo spools and the BOV doesn't make the usual hard sound.It waz slower.

alexz

500 RPM
Nov 22, 2004
Visit site
Sounds like your turbo is dying aka turbo nak kong dah...

Most probably not engine problem.

rewlie

Known Member
Feb 13, 2008
Previous case with my frens car, the head crack edi, replaced new one.

4G15turbo

Nov 14, 2008
my car now also got white smoke while driving... when stop also got smoke... already ask my pomen... he said only oil seal inside turbo unit leaking... just send turbo for sevice...estime price around rm300+-.... correct me if i'm wrong.... i'm still new using turbo...

greygen2

Aug 26, 2007
Terengganu
Thanks guys 4 the replies.My friend checked it.Said nothing wrong with turbo but there was oil in the intercooler pipes he said maybe there was engine problems.Got cracked piston.

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
aiks..? oil in intercooler piping..? sure boh..?
Separate system wor... Unless u blowing in. But u say using BOV....

But of course cracked pistons can cause white smoke lar...
There are lots more reason for white smoke....

Bump: aiks..? oil in intercooler piping..? sure boh..?
Separate system wor... Unless u blowing in. But u say using BOV....

But of course cracked pistons can cause white smoke lar...
There are lots more reason for white smoke....

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
Hi guys,need help&advice on this.

I own a perdana with evo3 engine.Just days ago I noticed white smoke was coming out of exhaust in the morning when started the car.I thought it was just normal in the morning bt it got worst after about just half an hour of drive,the smoke was coming out more and more especially in low gears.It even smoked during 100km/h above and in high gear.What really boogles is my turbo kicks in late around 4000+ rpm.The boost is only on 0.7/8 bar when I used to get 1 bar on 3800+ rpm.I know that there was power loss.Another thing is last month,when I pulled out the oil dipstick,my engine oil level is very low that turned really black and kinda 'berbuih'.

I was thinking there was somewhere leaking.I checked under the hood and everything seemed to be o.k.No hoses 'tercabut' or anything.Some specs of the car,maybe could help.

Stock EvoIII turbo TD05H
Sard fpr at 4.0
Fuel injector (not sure-there were 2 yellow and 2 blue coded)
Stock perdana fuel pumps
SAFC (have it reset now)
easy, do a compression test and see which cylinder is losing pressure. doing dis will give u an overall view of the engine, if all cylinder is showing healthy compression ie all giving similar readings, then its proprably ur turbine. td05 is cheap to service, gimme a call if u need help wit it 0163571811

4G15turbo

Nov 14, 2008
xtremeleo... my turbin also got problem... do you know anybody can services my turbine... it's td04 pajero turbine... B.O.T on my 4G15.... already take out....now using N/A back... pls PM me

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
xtremeleo... my turbin also got problem... do you know anybody can services my turbine... it's td04 pajero turbine... B.O.T on my 4G15.... already take out....now using N/A back... pls PM me
pm alredi sent

vrfour

Dec 18, 2008
chec ur BOV got oil spits or not. if BOV ois oilly, confirm its ur turbo bro!

drift_devil05

1,500 RPM
Feb 26, 2008
www.zerotohundred.com
Bro.. Valve seal worn out.. pressure leaking thats why ur boost also drop...

had the same problem like urs... after top-overhaul seems OK edi..

:listen:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Before the hype surrounding Gran Turismo 5 has even began to fade, its arch-nemisis, Forza, has released the trailer for Forza 4 that will find its way to all X-Box consoles next year.

While it took six years for GT5 to come about following the last version, Forza has really stepped on the gas pedal to bring us the fourth instalment in the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience