Kuala Lumpur
1.honda civic 2.0
2.mitsubihsi 2.0GT
3.peugeot 308 1.6turbo
4.mazda3 2.0
5.new Nissan Sylphy
6.ford focus sport 2.0
7.ford focus diesel 2.0turbo
I wish to buy a car(family car).the price is around 130k OTR...the question is which one is the best of all ... thank you otai2...:biggrin:

namakuAriff

Known Member
Jul 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
hi there..you are looking for a family car, so in my mind boot space must be a main criteria for you..my best bet:
1) civic 2.0
2) mazda 2.0 (hatchback)

btw, not looking into mpv?since its a family car :)

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Civic 2.0 of course. Haha.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
1.honda civic 2.0
--old, EOL
2.mitsubihsi 2.0GT
--better buy a lanspira
3.peugeot 308 1.6turbo
--lots of mechanical problems and NAZA no support
4.mazda3 2.0
--outdated already, wait for the skyactiv if you really want
5.new Nissan Sylphy
--its not new..its actually quite old, jack of all trades master of none
6.ford focus sport 2.0
--why buy this when there's the diesel turbo?
--best fuel economy among all the cars here, best torque as well, this is ZTH..of course this is the choice.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I'mma gonna do what Ixeo did :biggrin:. But I'mma gonna comment based on the fact that you're looking for a family car and based on the fact that I'm a father too.

1.honda civic 2.0
- Nice engine nice outlook but small interior. Family car not really. Safety features and all not bad at all. Major problem is how easily it's stolen and how Honda has ignored this.

2.mitsubihsi 2.0GT
- Not bad la but I find the rear legroom quite lacking. I'm not exactly tall (5"8) and I find it cramped at the back with the driver seat set to my driving position. Not bad car overall for a family saloon. Cheapest in the lot you mentioned too.

3.peugeot 308 1.6turbo
- It's French. Meaning it's temperamental.

4.mazda3 2.0
- Nice car again. But the older model Mazda3 was more spacious inside. My friend has both new and old models and it's pretty apparent the new one is smaller inside. About the same size as the Civic.

5.new Nissan Sylphy
- Easily the most spacious car in the list. Ridiculous amount of leg room for the rear passenger and is very comfy. More so than the Lancer, Mazda3 and Civic. This is my personal choice.

6.ford focus sport 2.0
- Great car. But if you plan on going back to Ford to service your car prepare to bleed money outta your ass cuz it's a bloody expensive car to maintain. Friends Focus recently changed her 4 absorbers at Ford for over RM5k. Battery was close to RM1.5k, not your usual NS70 battery that's for sure.

- Again a great car. But don't know if our rubbish diesel quality in M'sia will hurt the car and if it does prepare to bleed money from your ass and you'll need to vomit gold too to afford the maintenance.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
if you buying new civic 2.0, i would suggest inspira 2.0 cos the latest with 4G selling rm86900 only, me considering it too...2.0 with price tag below 90k...good bargain cos i am looking at the Mitsubishi DNA (engine, tranny, body design).....

if buying used unit, go for civic 2.0 ..good car to drive in term of performance n handling....

zuruzuruz

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
Ampang
what is ur goal besides hving the car as a family car?

u want something different from most cars in the streets of malaysia?
u want something that is easy to maintain and parts are easy to get everywhere?
u want something easy to be sold?
u want a good performance family car?
U want to hv a green aka tree-hugging family car?

All of the above, u might want to consider. Ure extraordinary if u go the last option that i mentioned.. :biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Why not go for used Camry or recon/used Mark X?
Used Camry's are ridiculously expensive. A 5 year old newest gen Camry 2.0 (pre facelift) still goes for RM100k+ but I agree with Mark X idea, that's a lotta car!

what is ur goal besides hving the car as a family car?

u want something different from most cars in the streets of malaysia?
u want something that is easy to maintain and parts are easy to get everywhere?
u want something easy to be sold?
u want a good performance family car?
U want to hv a green aka tree-hugging family car?

All of the above, u might want to consider. Ure extraordinary if u go the last option that i mentioned.. :biggrin:
If you read up about it, there's no such car other than the Honda Clarity. Hydrogen Fuel Cell where the only emission is water. No batteries no petrol no fossil fuel = truly green. Hybrids are not environmentally friendly.

zuruzuruz

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
Ampang
If you read up about it, there's no such car other than the Honda Clarity. Hydrogen Fuel Cell where the only emission is water. No batteries no petrol no fossil fuel = truly green. Hybrids are not environmentally friendly.
i dun really wholly read about hybrids. u r right, hybrids are not totally green. Perhaps, now that u mentioned it, i guess it's a semi-green car. This i say because of their efficiency and the ability to regenerate energy (for ex. regenerative braking), not because they have an electric motor. Heck i know 70% of TNB energy generation comes from fossil fuels.

As of today, hybrid technology is thus far the only way to go because conventional gas station are available everywhere. Whereelse to have a hydrogen fuel cell storage is still costly yet. But in the future, who knows..

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Used Camry's are ridiculously expensive. A 5 year old newest gen Camry 2.0 (pre facelift) still goes for RM100k+ but I agree with Mark X idea, that's a lotta car!
True, Camry is still expensive cuz it's popular. Mark X is a lot better but of course also even more expensive.
Another good option would be a used Impreza STI V9.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We’ve seen Nissan engineers testing cars at famous race tracks such as the Nurburgring and Laguna Seca but that doesn’t mean they’ve stopped using their own private circuits. It seems testing behind the doors at Nissan has become so busy that a fifth test track was required. A new circuit at Oppama, Japan, has now been opened at a cost of €16.2 million.

The Oppama course stretches four kilometers in total...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience