Which car should I choose?

stupidcar

5,000 RPM

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
How does the X70 compares to the HR-V? Cause these are matched in price, and X70 is one segment above HR-V. I've not examined the X70 in detail.
HRV feels dated, very dated. X70 feels a class above altho the interior is abit not well put together, but looks good.
No need say the HRV drivetrain sucks. I haven't tried the CKD yet, I really wonder how the DCT feel. Reviews say its very much like the torque converter lol. The engine feels fantastic anyhow. Handling is ok, not boaty.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
How does the X70 compares to the HR-V? Cause these are matched in price, and X70 is one segment above HR-V. I've not examined the X70 in detail.
HRV and X70 are different classes man. HRV is more of CX3 and CHR comparison.

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
HRV feels dated, very dated. X70 feels a class above altho the interior is abit not well put together, but looks good.
No need say the HRV drivetrain sucks. I haven't tried the CKD yet, I really wonder how the DCT feel. Reviews say its very much like the torque converter lol. The engine feels fantastic anyhow. Handling is ok, not boaty.
the Boot wise? I think x70 isn’t a bad choice given the price and entire package but you said the boot is small, so I wonder how it compare to its peers.

HRV with its CVT is ok to drive, as long as you don’t need power or overtake with it. At least I didn’t try to overtake anything when I drove one.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
the Boot wise? I think x70 isn’t a bad choice given the price and entire package but you said the boot is small, so I wonder how it compare to its peers.

HRV with its CVT is ok to drive, as long as you don’t need power or overtake with it. At least I didn’t try to overtake anything when I drove one.
Hahaha Im comparing to an Innova. Might be dumb. Coming from Innova, it was quite the difference. Its good enough for average person la

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Bro. ixeo compare price, for this price I can get this or this........lol
Did I misunderstand the english? He said "for its price", meaning X70 price is cheap so it's worth it's value. I'm comparing same category not price.

Jeez... why are we debating on the technicality of the english understanding?

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
HRV and X70 are different classes man. HRV is more of CX3 and CHR comparison.
encik, that's why I stated they are matched in price, but X70 is a segment above.... lol.
you're kinda repeating what I said, worded differently.

slow day here...

stupidcar

5,000 RPM

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Did I misunderstand the english? He said "for its price", meaning X70 price is cheap so it's worth it's value. I'm comparing same category not price.

Jeez... why are we debating on the technicality of the english understanding?
Yeap izso being izso lol

"How does the X70 compares to the HR-V? Cause these are matched in price "

• Haha
Reactions: vr2turbo

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
@jerrysiow bro so what car did you buy in the end? Honestly, for the budget I'd take the Camry Hybrid 2.5L.. for the fuel savings and space.. or if you don't care about fuel, Proton X70.

City and Vios being in the B-segment, waste time.

jerrysiow

Known Member

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
@jerrysiow bro so what car did you buy in the end? Honestly, for the budget I'd take the Camry Hybrid 2.5L.. for the fuel savings and space.. or if you don't care about fuel, Proton X70.

City and Vios being in the B-segment, waste time.
Sorry Ixeo sifu for the late reply. I've not make any decision from now and my family car is back from workshop after a month and travelling back to kampung every week. Furthermore, I'm still WFH, only weekend is driving car.

My parents keep asking me to get a re-con vellfire and ferry everyone :expressionless:.

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Sorry Ixeo sifu for the late reply. I've not make any decision from now and my family car is back from workshop after a month and travelling back to kampung every week. Furthermore, I'm still WFH, only weekend is driving car.

My parents keep asking me to get a re-con vellfire and ferry everyone :expressionless:.
I not sifu. I’m just a boat man. I like to motor boat.

Honestly speaking, a Vellfire is a good choice if you care about gaya and resale value. Otherwise, I think the Nissan Serena S-Hybrid is the better choice if you’re okay with a 7 seater that is smaller than Vellfire without a power boot. Or if you need something the same size, or in actual fact larger, the Kia Grand Carnival in diesel - but wait for the facelift to arrive.

Personally I’d go for the Serena, handless operation of the power door is super win. You don’t really need to use the boot. Plus power boot isn’t very usable if you park in basement parking with a wall or car behind. Serena has that split tailgate, pretty smart. I think GC Mah from auto buzz bought one. The current model has 6 airbags, and it’s cheaper than the Kia.

People will say Toyota is better reliability, but both Nissan and Kia, will be brand new cars with full manufacturer warranty. The Nissan being much cheaper as well.

I’ll say this, Vellfire is a more handsome bus. But if you’re driving it, it doesn’t matter your bus is handsome or not. Vellfire or Serena you’re still driving a bus. If you say you’re a boss with driver then confirm take Vellfire ZG with the captain seats.

Reactions: jerrysiow

minibeany

500 RPM

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
I not sifu. I’m just a boat man. I like to motor boat.

Honestly speaking, a Vellfire is a good choice if you care about gaya and resale value. Otherwise, I think the Nissan Serena S-Hybrid is the better choice if you’re okay with a 7 seater that is smaller than Vellfire without a power boot. Or if you need something the same size, or in actual fact larger, the Kia Grand Carnival in diesel - but wait for the facelift to arrive.

Personally I’d go for the Serena, handless operation of the power door is super win. You don’t really need to use the boot. Plus power boot isn’t very usable if you park in basement parking with a wall or car behind. Serena has that split tailgate, pretty smart. I think GC Mah from auto buzz bought one. The current model has 6 airbags, and it’s cheaper than the Kia.

People will say Toyota is better reliability, but both Nissan and Kia, will be brand new cars with full manufacturer warranty. The Nissan being much cheaper as well.

I’ll say this, Vellfire is a more handsome bus. But if you’re driving it, it doesn’t matter your bus is handsome or not. Vellfire or Serena you’re still driving a bus. If you say you’re a boss with driver then confirm take Vellfire ZG with the captain seats.
and Serena has lots of USB ports... enough for everyone. LoL... not mistake it already come with LCD display...