Where you go for alignment & balancing?

Rahman77R

Known Member
Oct 16, 2011
Petaling Jaya
Tai Soon in Batu Caves is my top favorite for such things.
They have a mobile on-wheel balancer, where they take it to every wheel and achieve perfect wheel balance every time.
For alignment. they use an ancient alignment jig from yesteryears. No Laser systems here. It's a sight to see that gi

Last edited:

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
I usually go here..

COLTRAC
2, Taman Industria Sungai Buloh, Jalan TSB 10, 47000 Sungai Buloh, Selangor, Malaysia

9AM–5:30PM

SundayClosed

+60 3-6156 7890

*if youre lucky..you can see supercars here...theehehee

Normal drive..touge..track..just tell them what u need :)

Look for KHON

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
They can minimize your tyre road rebound too..upon request

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I think you terbalik, Quicksave foreman left but that was quite a long time ago. Weng Tat alignment best was the boss himself, the son also ok and now teaching his foremen. Last was done by his foreman so far also okay....:biggrin:
I went to Weng Tat SS14 yesterday. The old man is there, and he did the alignment + balancing on my car.

He's meticulous, measured my rims to make sure its straight. Told him my wheels were wobbling on highway speeds. Took his own sweet time -- no issues with that. He showed and explained to me what's the problem with my tyre. I have two out-of-round tires, one of my RE003.

My rear tires are GY F1 D5, and one of them is also terribly out-of-round, and he remount that one to improve it a bit.

He did on-wheel balancing, and tested a few positions on the rim-to-lugs mount. And choose the best compromise.

So many years of motoring, first time I've come across out-of-round issue. I've had absolute terrible luck with GY F1 D5. One tore at the thread blocks, another tore at sidewall (possible due to impact, driver error), and now one is out-of-round.

I've been there prior, but was attended by his staff, who was no where near his level. And the work done was so-so. So I guess I'll give 5 stars if you're attended by the old man.

So thanks vr2turbo for recommending this place. I'd love to try the place Tom recommended in the future.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I went to Weng Tat SS14 yesterday. The old man is there, and he did the alignment + balancing on my car.

He's meticulous, measured my rims to make sure its straight. Told him my wheels were wobbling on highway speeds. Took his own sweet time -- no issues with that. He showed and explained to me what's the problem with my tyre. I have two out-of-round tires, one of my RE003.

My rear tires are GY F1 D5, and one of them is also terribly out-of-round, and he remount that one to improve it a bit.

He did on-wheel balancing, and tested a few positions on the rim-to-lugs mount. And choose the best compromise.

So many years of motoring, first time I've come across out-of-round issue. I've had absolute terrible luck with GY F1 D5. One tore at the thread blocks, another tore at sidewall (possible due to impact, driver error), and now one is out-of-round.

I've been there prior, but was attended by his staff, who was no where near his level. And the work done was so-so. So I guess I'll give 5 stars if you're attended by the old man.

So thanks vr2turbo for recommending this place. I'd love to try the place Tom recommended in the future.
How much you pay them?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
You are lucky, as Probably the son not in, because nowadays he does more mechanical repairs and servicing for engine at the back of the shop....:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A vehicle based on the Chevrolet Beat concept, which swept through auto shows around the globe and the Internet earlier this year, will go into global production, Chevrolet announced today at the 2007 Los Angeles Auto Show.

An online poll that attracted more than 1.8 million voters helped influence the decision to take the concept to production. The distinctly styled A-class car will be initially targeted to markets outside of U.S. and Canada, starting in mid-2009.

“The people have...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience