Where to buy Mintex brake pads?

Ryan Loong

Aug 5, 2019
Metal king are rotor eaters and they take damn long to warm up. Cold bite is literally useless.
Damn, that's good to know always thought the Metal King pads were acceptable. Didn't know they were that flawed.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Damn, that's good to know always thought the Metal King pads were acceptable. Didn't know they were that flawed.
They aren't flawed. They just work that way and for some people who are aggressive with the brakes it's ideal cuz it bites hard when warmed up. But for street driving it's not ideal.

Ryan Loong

Aug 5, 2019
They aren't flawed. They just work that way and for some people who are aggressive with the brakes it's ideal cuz it bites hard when warmed up. But for street driving it's not ideal.
Yup, different models works differently, have to get those that suits your use......
Ahhhh I see, guess I'm wrong in saying that they are flawed just that they might not suit my needs. Looks like I'm definitely going with the Rapid Stops.

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
Been looking around for awhile now for a set of rear brake pads for an ae86 caliper.. i read this thread and since you guys mention rapid stop i messaged him and he does have pads for the ae86. i need the rears to be bitey, as currently the FBK options isnt. so hopes this rapid stop pads are much better. Question though, how are the pads on the rotors? are they gonna wear the rotors down hard? i cant find much info on the pads, so i have no idea what sorta compound is in em.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Been looking around for awhile now for a set of rear brake pads for an ae86 caliper.. i read this thread and since you guys mention rapid stop i messaged him and he does have pads for the ae86. i need the rears to be bitey, as currently the FBK options isnt. so hopes this rapid stop pads are much better. Question though, how are the pads on the rotors? are they gonna wear the rotors down hard? i cant find much info on the pads, so i have no idea what sorta compound is in em.
Should be much better. FBK are terrible......lol

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
yeah the FBKs are terrible but they are one of the few that still make pads for the ae86 calipers. Vr2turbo have you used these rapid stop before? i am getting mixed reviews. some day its pretty decent. some say although rated at 550c they fade easily.. any input?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
yeah the FBKs are terrible but they are one of the few that still make pads for the ae86 calipers. Vr2turbo have you used these rapid stop before? i am getting mixed reviews. some day its pretty decent. some say although rated at 550c they fade easily.. any input?
Have not tried them but almost...hahaha All the while on Bendix Metal King from Metal King Plus to Gold to Titanium then switch to Trestor Blue Advantage, now is call Trestor Advantage only.....

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
550c is pretty high. Are you using the brake pads for race purposes or street use? If street 550c should be plenty.

Alternatively you can have a look around at Ultrex pads. I've used both RS and Ultrex on a 4-pot caliper and both are pretty decent pads.

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
its gonna be for street use and probably in future maybe some hilly runs. the problem is ae86 pads are real hard to come by. Dixel has em but of course the cost is on the higher side too. hmmm i think both rs and ultrex are about the same price range. Izzo if u had to choose between RS and ultrex which would you rather? or are they just evenly matched?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
its gonna be for street use and probably in future maybe some hilly runs. the problem is ae86 pads are real hard to come by. Dixel has em but of course the cost is on the higher side too. hmmm i think both rs and ultrex are about the same price range. Izzo if u had to choose between RS and ultrex which would you rather? or are they just evenly matched?
Same diff.

It's like comparing Gal Gadot and Wonder Woman in JLA:DC Zack Snyders edition. I'd do them both except I'd probably get more bruising with WW since she's all strong and all.

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
hahahahaha... so which one is the wonder woman brake pad :p anyways thanks for your input bro.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Same diff.

It's like comparing Gal Gadot and Wonder Woman in JLA:DC Zack Snyders edition. I'd do them both except I'd probably get more bruising with WW since she's all strong and all.
latest steppenwolf look better