Where should i buy this lamp(meter lamp)

kiansan

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang
any idea where i can found the bulb socket?
my auto gear bulb is must small then howiechoo show's one
and that kind of bulb is no white one, i asked lot of acc shop they said didnt have white or other color. So i decide to change socket

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
Boeing. My meter is DIY with red LED,,bot bukb..bulb is very big..and my 660 meter just wont work well even change to this white bulb..the meter still look dimmed...

kiansan...i DIY myself for the gearbox light..just diy it with a led...any color as u like..

Boeing

Known Member
May 9, 2005
KL
howiechoo,

Since I have zero knowledge in electrical stuff then have to ask laa.. What is the different LED and Bulb? LED brighter than bulb aar? 12v5w oso? The kaki is wire type aar? :frown::frown:

My intention is to make those meter numbering looks red instead of green..

Last edited:

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
LED, less heat, less current drawn..may brighter..but not really..depend on situation and applications. LED current drawn are in MiliAmpere MA....which are really low..the legs are just 2 steel..

wat meter u use?

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
i think of dismantle my dashboard this weekend to change the bulb... but what precautions should i take so that i wont spoilt the meters in there??... i heard my friend say better wont do it coz speedometer and other meters are vr fragile... easily rosak one...

and, u guys know how to dismantle the dashboard??... if can i also wanna change the light of my air-cond indicator... better no need dismantle the whole dashboard la... jz the middle casing can adi... any ideas??

Boeing

Known Member
May 9, 2005
KL
howiechoo said:
LED, less heat, less current drawn..may brighter..but not really..depend on situation and applications. LED current drawn are in MiliAmpere MA....which are really low..the legs are just 2 steel..

wat meter u use?
Thanks howiechoo..

I'm using old skool toyota meter.. I'm planning to swap all the lights at the meter & dashboard to red color.. For car usage All LEDs are the same voltages and watts or they are different? Is it true some says you cannot touch the glass area aar?? :rock: :rock:

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
if the LED u buy is same batch, then same volt and watt..but, like say u buy 2 from this shop and buy 2 from another shop, although the look is same, but the specification may differ..and, if the shop had mix all the same look LED together, u may also get diff spec LED..try ur luck...

meter bulb is not headlamp bulb.you can tuch the glass area..just clean it with cloth b4 install can edy.ask they stop bullshitting......

kiansan

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang
howiechoo, bro, any idea about this ?

Wat shop in KL got? I found one in Jaya Jusco Neons Acc Shop but its other brand and cost RM38 a pair

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
dunno ler///

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
today i dismantle my dashboard to get a sample of my meter light... wanna scout around electrical shop see where got sell those... plan to change to white...

i think have to change 4 of those so that the background light can change... other small small ones no need la, coz they are for indicators...

PS: i thought sifu sifu here said those with blue tint around the bulb produce white light??... why my original bulbs tinted blue dont produce white light geh???

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
i dun think any proton car come with this kind of bulb...it may has been change b4..

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
howiechoo said:
i dun think any proton car come with this kind of bulb...it may has been change b4..
but if change before why my light still same colour with other normal proton geh??..
i want white white ones... like those u find in harrier... u know where to get??... kedai abang got sell ar??...

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
these cheap blue tinted bulb no use 1 lar...result same with normal bulb lo....
i think those light are using LED inside? cos new car use a lot of LED to replace bulb ..

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
howiechoo said:
these cheap blue tinted bulb no use 1 lar...result same with normal bulb lo....
i think those light are using LED inside? cos new car use a lot of LED to replace bulb ..
:eek: :eek: :eek:
change to LED??... means how to DIY ar??... if jz change bulb can easily DIY lar... jz plug and play...
nvm nvm, i go search around first... if really dun have, put the project on hold... haha... :dancing2:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I've seen a lot of people rebuilding a car for racing purpose or for on the road will go through this process.. especially more than 10 years car.. Whats the Ocassion & Advantage? How much the cost? Where can be done? thanks.. :D :D :D
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience