When following a road hogger....What would you do ?

CountersteerSan

Known Member
Feb 16, 2013
Johor
Just overtake him/her from other lanes, no point highlighting/honking or signalling, IMHO it's just a waste of time, especially on highways.. Most ppl wont budge..
One of my friend used to tailgate and rev, until he met 1 mad fella go jam the brakes and my friend's car go cium buntut kereta depan tu. And the driver infront doesn't wana settle privately, wana report police.. Damm troublesome..

BuroQ

Known Member
Sep 13, 2004
Border Town
This term can be used to idiot drivers and road hoggers...

Passhole:

The idiot drivers that move steadily along, but suddenly increase speed when they wake up and realize you are passing them. If they succeed in blocking your opportunity to pass, they will immediately resume the former, annoying pace. If you pass them successfully, they will ride your bumper for a short time before returning to la-la land.

(urbandictionary.com)

:rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Just overtake him/her from other lanes, no point highlighting/honking or signalling, IMHO it's just a waste of time, especially on highways.. Most ppl wont budge..
One of my friend used to tailgate and rev, until he met 1 mad fella go jam the brakes and my friend's car go cium buntut kereta depan tu. And the driver infront doesn't wana settle privately, wana report police.. Damm troublesome..
Next time just take a photo of him and the car and post on facebook. I rate these drivers
as idiot drivers.

Already hogging the lane and just have too much pride to give way. Then jam brakes just cuz
they think they are real rich that they could afford the damages.

Yes, I agree some tailgaters worth to teach a lesson but it doesn't hurt giving ways to those
who want to drive faster on Highways especially those NSE highway.

Just totally childish and immature. Just like a kid who purposely sit on a swing but didnt
want to swing, just purposely sit there and don't want to get down just because others
are waiting for their turn to play on the swing.

Same theory and things I see on kids...

Attitude problem is the problem.

I also met a volvo before he purposely slow down knowing I'm coming
real fast on fast lane at around 160km/h. I thought he was gonna budge, even after give a
flash, he move to the middle lane as if he is going in then came out again when I was near.
I had to hit the brakes and slow down....:stupid:

Rich retard ma..driving volvo. Just find these people really too proud of themselves or
what...

john_unai

Known Member
Aug 9, 2011
mtkb
if your friend used to tailgate and rev at d left lane then its his fault but if it happen on d right lane n d driver in front dun wan to move to the left lane, then dat driver deserve sumthing :smokin:
like whacking his buntut with bull bar :rofl:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
That should teach your friend a lesson too, don't tailgate!

if your friend used to tailgate and rev at d left lane then its his fault but if it happen on d right lane n d driver in front dun wan to move to the left lane, then dat driver deserve sumthing :smokin:
like whacking his buntut with bull bar :rofl:
Left or right lane, tailgate is wrong and dangerous, period.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
flash them and follow by horn if they're still not switching lane.
I believe horn them they are gonna be more than an idiot already...:hmmmm:

mh wong

500 RPM
Feb 14, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
when i encounter road hogger, i potong at left lane.

sometime when i bcom road hogger, if another car cucuk me without light, i'll still hogging te road.....sometime....even they did'nt light me n did'nt cucuk my car when there's no car infront of me, i'll move to left give way...

i not so angry bout road hogger.....but....really hate TAILGATER:mad:

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

im not slow hog te road...i drive up to speed limit....it just someone speeding n tailgating,....i'll drive even slow n smoke them wif my pure air-fuel ratio....all te exhaust dust n unburnt fuel will stick on car behind.....haha

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
when i encounter road hogger, i potong at left lane.

sometime when i bcom road hogger, if another car cucuk me without light, i'll still hogging te road.....sometime....even they did'nt light me n did'nt cucuk my car when there's no car infront of me, i'll move to left give way...

i not so angry bout road hogger.....but....really hate TAILGATER:mad:

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

im not slow hog te road...i drive up to speed limit....it just someone speeding n tailgating,....i'll drive even slow n smoke them wif my pure air-fuel ratio....all te exhaust dust n unburnt fuel will stick on car behind.....haha
That makes u a road hogger no matter what speed you are traveling at if you are on a fast lane.
Nobody bother if you are on the middle lane or left lane if you wanna hog at speed limits but
not on fast lane.

That's what lots of road hoggers think..

"I'm traveling according to speed limits so I'm not hogging the road"

If there are cars who wanna go faster than you, I dont think it affects your pride or so by giving
way to those who wanna travel faster, we do not know why they want to go faster,
but if we are slower than them, just give way.

Could be he needs to go to a toilet urgently? Something urgent or something happen? Or just
wanna drive fast. That's all his own business but we should not hog the lanes and play
with brakes or whatsoever.

Tailgating is bad I have to agree, if they wanna tailgate, then best let them pass,
we don't want these ppl kissing our asses. Let them learn their lesson the hard way.
Eventually they will get in trouble one day for tailgating for not being able to brake in time.

All I do nowadays, I follow at safe distance, will flash if he is the only car on fast lane and no
cars in front of him. If a few cars in front, I'll just overtake from the next lane..

Last edited:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
This morning going to office via the KL-Seremban highway, I was tailgated by a silver Audi TT. I noticed this car for the 3rd time already going this same route in the morning and he always drives a bit fast and tailgated people. So this morning when he tailgated me again, I gas it a bit hard and left him for a hundred meters or so during one empty stretch, but maybe cause he just did not react or not expecting. Then once I slowed down due to traffic in front, he tailgated again. So I just gave way since it's also already close to a regular speed trap location and approaching my exit. Luckily, no police there to shoot too.

ae92 corolla

Known Member
Aug 22, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
headlights 3x... cucuk 3x... if still dowan to move, turn on left indicator, switch to left lane, speed more than him/her... stare at them... apply right indicator back... switch to right lane again... if good more will ignore him/her

if bad mood... go very slow in front of dem... bt most of the time dey are slower, and malas nak layan them...

Mostly its the old aunties and uncles.... they feel its their jalan... old attitude hard to change mah..

nadziad

Known Member
May 14, 2011
johor
headlights 3x... cucuk 3x... if still dowan to move, turn on left indicator, switch to left lane, speed more than him/her... stare at them... apply right indicator back... switch to right lane again... if good more will ignore him/her

if bad mood... go very slow in front of dem... bt most of the time dey are slower, and malas nak layan them...

Mostly its the old aunties and uncles.... they feel its their jalan... old attitude hard to change mah..
hehe..i do potong sayur style...quick into right lane ...make the person realized that he/she driving slowly in fast lane

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just want to share some pictures of some Extreme Engine Mods....
All from Tom Yam Land....

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience