Wheel spacer

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Guys, can I know more about wheel spacer function ?? If I put it, what is the pro and con ?? Pls advise.... Thanks.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
some people say to provide more stability as the car has wider wheelbase...
but i say mostly for looks only...
but there are people have to use them coz to avoid their rims scratching inner part of the wheel arch... as for my case, all iswara owners wana use 2 PCD rims need to add spacer due to some bolt heads on the wheel hub... we need a spacer to space the bolt heads out....

disadvantage; if u buy those cheapo ones, u might face som difficulties in getting a perfect allignment... ur wheel might wibrate at high speed... all this will cause uneven wear on tyres and worse, damage ur suspension link....

PS: get a quality spacer and u wont face any problems...

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
So, Bro skywalker,

how to different good or poor quality spacer ?? Pls advise. Thanks.

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
Whether hi quality or low quality,all those aftermarket spacers that being sold cause vibration because they are not dynamically balanced.

Fortunately, spacers made by machine shops are dynamically balanced, therefore the chances of vibrating wheels are far much less.

To overcome vibration, the car need to do on-wheel balancing.

Usually a wheel is balanced after taken out of the car.

On-wheel balancing means, the wheel is balanced while its on the car.

awos_84

Known Member
Jan 17, 2006
Joeker said:
Whether hi quality or low quality,all those aftermarket spacers that being sold cause vibration because they are not dynamically balanced.

Fortunately, spacers made by machine shops are dynamically balanced, therefore the chances of vibrating wheels are far much less.

To overcome vibration, the car need to do on-wheel balancing.

Usually a wheel is balanced after taken out of the car.

On-wheel balancing means, the wheel is balanced while its on the car.

really agree on u.. on wheel is better than normal balancing cause the wheel is balancing with the vibrate of driveshaft and suspension..

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Anyone knows of a machine shop who can produce well-balanced spacers? I may need some for my car due to the +45 offset rims (which made the wheels a little too inside of the arch).

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
I got my spacers made by a very good machine shop in Kl area but unfortunately i don't have its phone no as the spacers was made for me with the help of my uncle who owns a tyre shop. i change the car's ori PCD and to get an even flateness between the front and rear wheel. It cost me Rm600+ for 4 spacer made of aluminium alloy. 1" front and 1.5" rear.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
SkYwAlKeR said:
wah.... rm600 for 4 spacer..... thats alot....
Hehehe...good things don't come cheap.

Doink

3,000 RPM
Aug 1, 2004
House
Visit site
TitanRev said:
Hehehe...good things don't come cheap.
yeah maybe...but dont know why my customized aluminium spacer which is balanced costed me only RM3XX plus installation so i get light weight spacer and cheapo...i have to ask my friend why he charged me so cheap...:embaressed_smile:

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
RM300 for spacers is good price.

Did you change the PCD? How thick are the spacers?

I'm looking for 5 hole PCD 100 to 114 spacer,

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
if go to cheap spacer, then go to on wheel balancing, is it will avoid hi speed drive vibrating issue ?? Pls advise... Thanks

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Doink said:
yeah maybe...but dont know why my customized aluminium spacer which is balanced costed me only RM3XX plus installation so i get light weight spacer and cheapo...i have to ask my friend why he charged me so cheap...:embaressed_smile:
bro urs are just aluminium ?? or got mixed with other materials ? mine is aluminium alloy. how thick is yours ?

'[00] TRD

Known Member
Dec 27, 2005
quality spacer? wat abt the eibach spacer? correct me if im wrong, i heard addin in spacer would only spoil yr bearing? not sure which part of it?? :X-:

Stewart

Known Member
Jul 26, 2005
kl
i also got wor.. 2 for rm20 haha.. the rim's offset for my car not ngam.. haih.. where to get the good quality 1 ar?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

While top billing at the recent annual NISMO festival went to next year's Super GT500 GT-R, the surprise appearance made by the GT-R prototype that set the 7:38 lap time at the Nurburgring earlier this year got the most attention.

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience