wheel scratch

gogogo

Known Member
May 9, 2006
hi,

recently i juct bought a set of rim from friend, and there was some scratch on the rim. so, if i want to remove those scratch is't the only way is 2 send my rim 2 skim? any alternative way other than skim? how much will cost if skim 4 rims? finally, is there any defect 2 the wheel, i mean after skim.

pls advice....

thks & regards

vantageX

Known Member
Apr 29, 2006
Never really seen skimmed rims before. But really, its not advisable to do any sort of cutting or skimming to your rims. Rims are stress tested and if you remove any amount or metal or weaken the structure of the rim, you might end up with broken rims and this can be extremely dangerous.

There was an article in one of the Sunday papers today, either NST or Star about this very same question and it is also said there that you should not weld on any more metal to your rim because the heat could warp or place stress on a certain area of the rim.

What you can do however is (and this is gonna take some work and patience) buy some body filler, fill the scratches up and then sand it down till it looks flat with the surrounding area and of course you will have to paint it after that for it to look good. And go easy with the sanding, you don't wanna remove metal as well. This will take a lot of work but its pretty safe and since you're not applying heat or removing/adding metal, it won't damage your wheels. :regular_smile:

gogogo

Known Member
May 9, 2006
thks 4 the advice bro. appreciate here. any other suggestion.....

spykey

500 RPM
Dec 24, 2006
agree with vantagex..skimming will put the rims uneven condition because some metal have been skim away..

anyway,the result will look as original n not much $$ spending on skimming..

maybe u can re spray ur rims..although its not solve the scratch prob, at least u can hide it..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Firsly i am a noob here,just on the process of learning,my question is i am going to bot on my kelisa,so can a safc II,safc-neo or e-manage tune back my ecu after i bot?some people told me safc cant tune it back and told me to use e-manage,so i need sifu sifu out there to help me on this,really confuse on this,so sifu sifu please help a noob here thank you very much :adore:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience