What's the next car you'll buy?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
For me, the next cars I'll buy would probably be:

1.Daily driver will be a super advanced Level 4 autonomous car (looking at you Volvo). So I don't have to "drive" the thing. Probably a wagon, or an SUV.

In the meantime, stuff like autonomous braking, adaptive cruise control...is just part and parcel of the real autonomous car. Still can't sleep on the wheel. So don't see a point in buying "part" automatic car.

2.Weekend car will be a bare basics car, down to the bone. I really like the Lotus. Else Porsche is the benchmark but I can't afford the maintenance on owning one. Lotus is just a Toyota in English bodywork and chassis, so just normal maintenance like a Toyota Corolla.

Volvo says 2021 for the Level 4 car, so that's 3 years away. Since Malaysia market sure slow, maybe 2023. So while waiting maybe I'll get the weekend car first.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Plug in Hybrids are definitely the way to go.

I have tried some of the autonomous features that come with cars like the new Volvos, BMW 7s and even the Ioniq. I have to say it's more than just cool, especially in heavy traffic, allowing more freedom for driver's to complete a few mobile phone chores. The thing is, they never really work 100% due to the terrain we have i suppose, road markings and such.

I hope when the Level 4 ones arrive, it'll overcome even bad road markers.

As for your weekend car, you can consider the MK1 Elise which would be the cheapest to afford but wont come with the Toyota engine though.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Plug in Hybrids are definitely the way to go.
What do you think about full EV? Assuming it has 400km range, 30 minutes charging to 200km range.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
What do you think about full EV? Assuming it has 400km range, 30 minutes charging to 200km range.
Yes, I would like that. Having experienced the PHEV's full ev mode, I think full ev cars would be pretty awesome to drive on the daily.
But I have to admit that when I drive hybrid cars these days, I am inclined to hypermile instead of wringing it for speed.

I'm still skeptical how a full EV car would feel like when driven spiritedly

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I wait for the day Tesla is homologated for M'sian shores. I would love to daily a Tesla. A model S or X would be good daily.

Then for weekend I'd have my BMW 1JZ manual. Kill them trees!

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I wait for the day Tesla is homologated for M'sian shores. I would love to daily a Tesla. A model S or X would be good daily.

Then for weekend I'd have my BMW 1JZ manual. Kill them trees!
The only thing your #bmw1jzparkjng is killing is your wallet. And killing your soul, softly, with its whispers that it’ll one day be on the road.

Oh another legend worth considering for the weekend is the baby R8 with the V8. Yum.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Daily driver - Tesla or anything full EV.

Weekend drive - 4x4 or an AMG E55.SUV wont cut it, i want true 4x4 capability.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
The only thing your #bmw1jzparkjng is killing is your wallet. And killing your soul, softly, with its whispers that it’ll one day be on the road.

Oh another legend worth considering for the weekend is the baby R8 with the V8. Yum.
R8 is kinda out of my reach. But yeah, nice car.

The bmw1hzparking is nearly there. Estimate another month of custom work and I'll be driving it.

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
I think I will go for Hyundai Ioniq or city hybrid if I have enough $$$.
I like the boot space and the ride quality for the Ioniq. City Hybrid is also quite nice but a little bit sporty then Ioniq.

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Working / Normal day drive a hybrid cars like Camry
Get a Myvi with K3vet travel here and there like my old days for weekend..
Still miss the old days, go Penang just to eat Char Koey Tiaw, Ipoh eat Chicken Rice, Cameron buy vegetable, Melaka eat satay culup..:driver::thrasher:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Working / Normal day drive a hybrid cars like Camry
Get a Myvi with K3vet travel here and there like my old days for weekend..
Still miss the old days, go Penang just to eat Char Koey Tiaw, Ipoh eat Chicken Rice, Cameron buy vegetable, Melaka eat satay culup..:driver::thrasher:
Honestly after you have the Camry hybrid you won’t want to drive the myvi k3vet

Serious. Cause the Camry is smooth like butter with power.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Daily driver - Tesla or anything full EV.

Weekend drive - 4x4 or an AMG E55.SUV wont cut it, i want true 4x4 capability.
Where you wanna go with real 4x4? How about a Hilux. Lol

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Where you wanna go with real 4x4? How about a Hilux. Lol
I always wondered where a trail road will led me to.

Last time i'm anti pickup but now i learn to embrace them but still prefer full body 4x4.most 4x4 comes with 3rd row seat,very useful for Hari Raya or going kenduri at kampung area where parking is a big issue.pickup can carry more but open air lah.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I have a noob question

Can anyone tell me the difference between N1 and Sflow mufflers (or other types if i missed out any)
Also, what is a 'cat-back' :rolleyes:

Hope sifus can enlighten me with all these exhaust terms. Im planning to fit a reasonable sports exhaust on my ride. Its automatic transmission so i wonder if Universal mufflers do good on it?

HELP HELP HELP :adore:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience