what's the best gearbox for 4G93T GSR???

keong_MIRAGE

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
hi all the GSR sifu out there,

1st of all,happy new year! i try to look around what gearbox that suitable for 4G93T but till now,still couldn't get it... in 400m,what gearbox suitable for this machine??? let's say the 93T with stock engine internal,S15 turbine and front mount intercooler... ;)

in my place,they like to mix and match the mitsu gearbox around.some said 4WD lock into 2WD not good enough,and can cost the power lost...some said the NA gearbox good but weak...so they " rojak " the gearbox with other mitsu gearbox...anyone out there have try this type of gearbox before? like GSR gearbox rojak with VR4RS gearbox like that...i dare not to try this type of gearbox yet though... :lol: so,any idea? :rolleyes:

oh,can GSR sifu out there show me some of stock GSR gear ratio?
normal GSR and libero GSR share the same gearbox and ratio?

best regards,
keong

MitonCT26

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Seremban
buy one vr-4 gearbox or lancer diesel 4wd gbox and then mix and match with your current gearbox.

so far most of my friends are running 4wd gbox locked. no probs so far.

i also wanna put but the gearbox too big and heavy. not suitable for my junk. <_< :P

JiMaN[KilleR]

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
so far, the best gearbox and the closet and shortest ratio for mitsu GVR4 or evo is... for me lah.. since last time i test drive one rally satria with stock(not modded ratio) at all.. is the gearbox that came with vr4 NA tuned by AMG..

the rally mech told us that the AMG gearbox is their backup gearbox.. if in rally stages their rally car's gearbox broken.. they just change to this AMG instead of using the stock 1.6 or other.. he told me that there no much difference between modded gearbox with AMG gearbox.. the AMG japs oredi mod it to maintain the power of vr4 NA so that the performance somehow equals or can cope up a bit with modded engine or turbo vr4...

correct me if i'm wrong.. :rolleyes:

D

DjRevo

use perdana gear box or use wira diesel gear box.. got pick up and got top end also.. u wan good 0-400m use evo la better hehe

GSR5559

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
www.zerotohundred.com
to me i think smaller cc gearbox is still good for drag 0-400m ...
as far as i know, sum VR4 using 1.3 GB , goo pickup, can reli feel the G-Force but i duno if 93T can be use as well..or else get a 1.3 GB and change the final drive, at least can rev higher and longer, all u need is full power from 0-400m oni rite?

as for those Gb like Evos or diesel GB, i think u wont gain much power from the start, and i guess they got bigger gear ratio, dat will not produce power in a short period of time..all u need is pick up = smaller cc GB which is the best choice i guess..

as u can see, mostly car modders that r into gearbox ratios will preferably choose short gear ratio, means ur RPM wont drop alot wen changing to higher gear, eg: normal gear ratio 1st to 2nd gear dropped 2k RPM, which u will need some time to gain power, but wif short gear ratio, oni drop around 500 -1k RPM, den u can still maintain the power of the car..

dun shoot me if im wrong, im jus giving opinions..

regards

keong_MIRAGE

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
thanks for replying! ;)

GSR5559,

yep,last time i've heard of that too...1.3 gb into VR4,pick up damn fast and yet save petro too... but no top speed and very easy to pecah... :rolleyes:

DjRevo,

diesel gearbox tried already,can rev till very high rpm but 3rd gear like dead already... :huh:

JiMaN[KilleR],

yup,this type of gb damn hard to find! it's for VR4 turbo or NA,i'm not sure but it's 2WD...most thais 4G63 user prefer that type of gb but price RM2000++ :(

MitonCT26,

my foreman also did that,1st and 2nd gear from VR4 then the rest stock GSR...result not bad...can consider! ;)

keonG & red575,

i used that mivec gb but without LSD before,the ratio like mirage 4G61T gb,not much different... ;)

vtecun

Known Member
Dec 14, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by keong_MIRAGE@Jan 1 2005, 02:13
hi all the GSR sifu out there,

1st of all,happy new year! i try to look around what gearbox that suitable for 4G93T but till now,still couldn't get it... in 400m,what gearbox suitable for this machine??? let's say the 93T with stock engine internal,S15 turbine and front mount intercooler... ;)

in my place,they like to mix and match the mitsu gearbox around.some said 4WD lock into 2WD not good enough,and can cost the power lost...some said the NA gearbox good but weak...so they " rojak " the gearbox with other mitsu gearbox...anyone out there have try this type of gearbox before? like GSR gearbox rojak with VR4RS gearbox like that...i dare not to try this type of gearbox yet though... :lol: so,any idea? :rolleyes:

oh,can GSR sifu out there show me some of stock GSR gear ratio?
normal GSR and libero GSR share the same gearbox and ratio?

best regards,
keong
hi...

im using satria 4G93T RS before for a 3 years.now im change to civic 99spec with VTEC mod.

400m i get 13.575 best time at the sepang drag battle.that time im used 4wd lock to 2wd non lsd gb.for my experiance,ur engine must be "kuat" easy to say upgrade ur engine first then go to the gb.

i thing used low cc gb is better and if LSD lagi cun.....

MISS U LIKE CRAZY...oh my orange satria!!

yloon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
so in pratical, use a putra gb better, perdana 2.0 manual (wira diesel2.0) or 4WD lock to 2WD GB better?

PERDANA 2.0 should be better in Gear RATIO rite? cos this GB can archive 120kmh only at 3000RPM... is nice...

e*terna

May 18, 2005
KL
for me, its better 4 using small cc gb for drag 0~ 400...not 4 top speed and really bad in the highway...you will tension when crushing in the highway...tried it before in my CRX long time ago....

perdana gb that i'm using now is quite good response...or maybe my car is under power??? but i heard mivec gb is the best for turbo car....correct me if i'm wrong...

anyway its depand on your HP also....right..

yloon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
for DRAG and race of cos small cc car's GB better mah.. cruise on the highway and interm of petrol is killing lor...

e*terna said:
for me, its better 4 using small cc gb for drag 0~ 400...not 4 top speed and really bad in the highway...you will tension when crushing in the highway...tried it before in my CRX long time ago....

perdana gb that i'm using now is quite good response...or maybe my car is under power??? but i heard mivec gb is the best for turbo car....correct me if i'm wrong...

anyway its depand on your HP also....right..

rc_intercooler

Jun 1, 2004
Visit site
for me rojak d gb is ok as long as d 'ingredients' is correct :D
me also rojak my gb using a quite number of mitsu family gears.
untill now still using.no prob n d performance,for me its good :D :D

yloon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
I heard ppl just use the PERDANA 5th gear RATIO... isiit?

rc_intercooler said:
for me rojak d gb is ok as long as d 'ingredients' is correct :D
me also rojak my gb using a quite number of mitsu family gears.
untill now still using.no prob n d performance,for me its good :D :D

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

helo sifu,
need opinion here,i got a vr4 block that wanted to replace piston.what piston to get beside stock vr4 one?can it fit evo piston nicely?which compression will be higher,vr4 or evo? :regular_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience