what's the best engine for my perdana...

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
i tought rvr n/a was exactly the same as 4g63p (sohc) because i think i saw one ori rvr running that ori engine which is sohc....

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
I remembered they told me up to 50% power gain.... thats like up to 50 hp on the wheel right?
since i got a little bit experience on supercharger and turbo as well as n.a....

i would describe supercharger is like having a bigger displacement n.a engine....the power is there when u press the throttle...but like any common street n.a engine, it would loose torque/power at high rpm range like normal n.a car......advantage in SC is u get better driveability and increased torque/power at lower rpm range....

meanwhile turbo in stock form also behave like bigger n.a engine...just a little bit lazier/slow to respond from your throttle input since turbo need to spool (or speed up its rotation before it can deliver enough air pressure for the engine to build power)....turbo held its advantage at mid range and up top high rpm range (depend on setup)

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
since i got a little bit experience on supercharger and turbo as well as n.a....

i would describe supercharger is like having a bigger displacement n.a engine....the power is there when u press the throttle...but like any common street n.a engine, it would loose torque/power at high rpm range like normal n.a car......advantage in SC is u get better driveability and increased torque/power at lower rpm range....

meanwhile turbo in stock form also behave like bigger n.a engine...just a little bit lazier/slow to respond from your throttle input since turbo need to spool (or speed up its rotation before it can deliver enough air pressure for the engine to build power)....turbo held its advantage at mid range and up top high rpm range (depend on setup)
Then SuperCharger is what i need xD. Supercharger is more direct and easier to mod in any car?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Then SuperCharger is what i need xD. Supercharger is more direct and easier to mod in any car?
easier to install...but maybe a little bit harder to tune/get the right setup...

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I remembered they told me up to 50% power gain.... thats like up to 50 hp on the wheel right?
come I sell you ubat kuat lelaki. upto 200% longer. :rofl:

Why waste time with supercharger when there's a proven engine you can put in, lock stock and barrel.
Proven on tarmac, gravel and in the air

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hah! you think just PNP ah!.....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

To get every thing super and turbo the engine....:driver::rofl:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Hah! you think just PNP ah!.....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

To get every thing super and turbo the engine....:driver::rofl:

i want the 2.0 Tsi awd with dsg transplant :listen:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Coverage of Round 2 of Time To Attack:Sepang continues and this time it's contribution by you, the reader. While we were busy making sure everything went well, there was only very little time to go out and get proper pictures of the whole event. Our photographers were stationed at various points around the pits and circuit but it's impossible to capture...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience