madiewaters

Known Member
Jul 27, 2009
WHAT THE BEST ECU
:biggrin:for my car E7to E9:confused:

:hmmmm:.. piggyback ......, standalone.....or ????????:hmmmm2:
:confused::confused::banghead::banghead::confused::confused:

:egg::slug:............:burnout:..:vroam:

:questionmark::questionmark::questionmark::questionmark::questionmark::questionmark::questionmark:

ash_kimura

Apr 22, 2006
Re: What the best ecu???

this is a good question bro.....im also wondering which one is better....
my opinion is depans on car mods...
if for me,i go for standalone coz i luv to mod my engine evendo my engine is not powerfull...hehehehe

madiewaters

Known Member
Jul 27, 2009

but i also dont knowlah .....mean that...
what is standalone?
what is piggyback?

now here we got
ECUTEK , APEXI POWER FC , E-MANAGE FROM GREADY , UNICHIP , ETC.......

which the best ????
for daily user... :biggrin:some time we can racing liter bitlah...:biggrin::biggrin:

not for racing on track...
if i want racing i buy another car racinglah....:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006

any ecu can be use on the road eventhough not for track purpose..
is depends on wat u wan...
standalone mean everything controlled by the ecu itself...example..microtech standalone, so mean no longer using your current vehicle ecu..
piggyback, is just an ecu to support your current ecu to make it better..

diff ecu provide diff features...one of the good example is the Bit Map ecu offered...some has little some has alot...it use to tune your AFR better and in more details. Which in the other words is more perfectly tuning

correct me if i'm wrong..btw i'm not an ecu fans

madiewaters

Known Member
Jul 27, 2009

thnks..
but how the connection......
they have to remove ecu? or have to do external wireing ? or just pluck and play?
or have to tebuk sana- sini ?
:idea::idea:

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006

first of all, i know nothing about wiring and i assumed it goes like tis..
piggyback - an extension wiring from your default manufactured ECU to your desire piggyback, ex E-Manage..probably plug n play
standalone - replace your default manufactured ECU to your desire ECU, ex Microtech,tech tech..

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur

what would like to say is , get whts suitable and needed , dont be greedy by going for the best
the best in specifications, doesnt mean is easy installation , and doesnt make sure its suitable for u

its like no use giving a scientific calculator to a kindergarden kid, she has a long way to go before utilizing it.

spend wisely , a motec m800 is a good choice, bt it will tear ur pocket up , 15k+ with all functions enabled

y spend so much , unlesss , unlesssss ur car is already pumped up :D then u deserve it
i just dont want to see a stage 1 or 2 modded car beat the hell out of u using a reflashed stock ecu while u jst have an motec with simple mods :)

Aug 24, 2007
kepong

pls guys,need some info on wira standard ecu(VDO)if anybody can give suggestion on how or what can be done to make it more fuel efficency..now more fuel nut less power..espcially during beginning,when on the first gear.

JarsOfClay

Known Member
Sep 29, 2005

i would say haltech e6x its affordable and it does the job quite well

madiewaters

Known Member
Jul 27, 2009

i would say go with the haltech or autronic ...if u want to install it pm me ...... :biggrin:
rajie... its that u have tuner 4 the autronic. give me samo example ke ...
anyway were your shop

rajie

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2005
pantai hillpark

bro i dont do the tuning bro my mech does it ....his workshop is in balakong bro ....
but he shifting to a new sop in cheras by end of this year with the dyno machine there

proPIPING

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006

haltech and autronic....motec?forget it too expensive

MadCow76

Known Member
May 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur

pls guys,need some info on wira standard ecu(VDO)if anybody can give suggestion on how or what can be done to make it more fuel efficency..now more fuel nut less power..espcially during beginning,when on the first gear.
Hi m73zuk,

You're referring to the Siemens VDO (ECU) in your post 2001 Wira right? I used to have the same VDO in my Wira. Yes, fuel consumption can be quite high.

Bad news for you bro, seems like no piggyback can be used with that ECU, unless those high end stand alone ECU's. This VDO will reset the settings automatically. This goes the same for your other basic mods. You will feel some power in the beginning, but will fall back to normal after a week or so.

If you plan on modding your engine, I would suggest you change the ECU to an MMC ECU from other Proton of the same capacity and year 2000 or below.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

what will happen if i pump normal diesel for new engine?
the petrol station near my house don't got euro5...the nearest petrol station that got sell euro5 is 1 hour more from my house..i looking for petronas brand only
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience