what type of gear oil suitable for my rx8?

kenneth 3331

Known Member
Sep 28, 2006
all cifu i just wanted to know what type of gear oil i need to be use

and where is the suitable place to change ?

TQ:_:

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
On the FD i use MT90 from Redline. Works great and withstands heat very well. I'm sure the 8 will like MT90. Ah Choy can do it. Its actually easy to DIY if you have access to a car lift.

theseira

Known Member
Oct 18, 2006
Redline always works well. Highly recomended.:_:

kenneth 3331

Known Member
Sep 28, 2006
my is the auto 1, is it the same step of change the gear oil ?"

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
there is a formulation by redline specifically for auto tranny. The crankcase should be the same but i believe auto tranny quantity is different. Best you get someone if its the first time and watch closely as you can learn how to diy next time round.

Lennon - How is Motul? My experience with Motul was derived from the so called coolant which completely disappointed me in terms of performance compared to my present fav Toyota Long Life Coolant. Since then i've been carefull of their products. Good friends swear by motul for engine oil etc but i;ve yet to try.

theseira

Known Member
Oct 18, 2006
I've tried Motul products in my FC, S13, RB25 Ceffy, EF9 Civic , GSXR600 SRAD and Kawa ZX7r. No problems so far. My bikes get Fully Synth engine oil every 3000kms and for the rest of the piston cars....every 5000kms. I use Motul mineral oil in the FC. Change it every 3000kms. Gearbox oil I use redline only. Never failed once. In fact it has improved my gearchanges considerably. Go for Toyota coolant. We do not need anti-freeze formulas in our country.:regular_smile:

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
thanks theseira for you input. I would definitely try motul engine oil this time round.

- D i a b l o -

500 RPM
Sep 27, 2005
Shah Alam
bosstrain.blogspot.com
heheh barging in.

I suggest trying this new oil by Texas Oil that was called Titanium Revolution.I happened to be strolling by when i saw this uncle dude (boss) was doing the demo bout the viscosity of other synthetic oil compared to theirs.

Its actually quite expensive,cost around rm80 per litre!
and they make gearbox oil too.so i think its worthwhile for you guys to check it out. I was very convinced after seeing that little demo that he made about a machine that grinds bearing with a solid metal to see the wear.

All the other oils that was tried like Helix Ultra,Magnatec,Mobil 1 full syn was tried on a fresh bearing each then grinded to the machine.all develop alot of wear and sound of grinding metal. (especially helix ultra)

but after this titanium revolution oil was put into the test,it develop minimal wear and NO grinding noise what so ever.after the test was done,i saw the bearing became more shiny and polished..

heheh kudos man.i was really convinced on the product.guys go try it !

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
boony loh got a 8 page review about texas revolution oil....

he drives an 8.... so... if he's around he'll post stuff... about the oil if someone ask him...

by the way.. 8 page of bad review... not good review :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

got a 2nd hand hi/lo, soft hard absorber for sale...........spring rate 8 for the front and 6 for the rear...........are the spring rates suitable for wira 1.8 ? What is a suitable spring rate for comfort for wira 1.8 ?

tq
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience