What rim fits the best for silver Airtrek?

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Yes bro but their trade in price is not high as shared with bro Carent9 before. Well, it makes sense cos they sell rim at cheap price, so they'll take in yours at low price so that they can resell.

I am selling my own rim saperately. In fact after I washed my SSW on Saturday, I do have the heart to keep it for my next car. I can't believe it's so new. I bought it like RM2600 last time and now selling at RM1200 (before discount some more). Since it can fit cars like Estima, Accord, Camry and many more, high chances I can re-use it. Moreover with the VIP look, it's cool. :D

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
It's something I am thinking off. Well, I'm hoping to sell at the price I wished for. If I ain't getting it, I will just keep it. Besides, it's a nice piece of bling-bling wheel (stainless steel lip). ;)

vspec

Rookie
Oct 9, 2005
Tehran
It's not original, it's replica/imitation. I paid RM1480 for it. Including valves, installation and balancing. There was also free alignment but I did not get it as I've just got it done like 3 weeks ago after my engine mounting change. How much did you paid for in JB?

Additionally, tho this rim is replica, it's pretty light like what you said, bro cftiew. I tried lifting 3 different rims at the shop - TE37 rota, ADVAN Racing RZ and this SSR Type F. Of all, TE37 is the heaviest, followed by RZ and lastly, Type F.

It is also much lighter than my SSW. I've not really tried driving fast yet, so I don't know if my 1st gear is lighter compared before.
bro,

mind sharing the pic of te37 rota and perhaps the price. tq

cftiew

Feb 9, 2009
Bro stutsedward, I bought it rm2900 included 4 tyres & trade in evo 7 rims( the rims 3 out of 4 spoke broken d) by the way bro I would like to ask u, any vibration occur with wheel spacer ? Bcos I order a set of 4 pot brake from ah hwa exactly like yours.

---------- Post added at 02:02 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:56 AM ----------

Bro vspec, go through this link price be given

Sport Rim SSR TYPE-F Design 18Inci BARU - Car Accessories & Parts for sale Selangor - Mudah.my

I also be poison kaw kaw by the TE-37 haha...

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
bro,

mind sharing the pic of te37 rota and perhaps the price. tq
The price is RM1650. Pictures and link as attached below :)

Sport Rim ROTA TE37 WHEEL BARU 18 Inci - Car Accessories & Parts for sale Selangor - Mudah.my

Bro, but the rim is not really light and I need spacer to clear the 4 pots.

---------- Post added at 07:25 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:21 AM ----------

Bro stutsedward, I bought it rm2900 included 4 tyres & trade in evo 7 rims( the rims 3 out of 4 spoke broken d) by the way bro I would like to ask u, any vibration occur with wheel spacer ? Bcos I order a set of 4 pot brake from ah hwa exactly like yours.

---------- Post added at 02:02 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:56 AM ----------

Bro vspec, go through this link price be given

Sport Rim SSR TYPE-F Design 18Inci BARU - Car Accessories & Parts for sale Selangor - Mudah.my

I also be poison kaw kaw by the TE-37 haha...
Bro cftiew, okay, u need the center cone ring to fill up the gap between your disc base and the rim. It's a small ring and it's used for all 4 wheels. They are made of aluminium and I paid RM110 for 4. Before this, I refused to use them and at speed around 110-120, the steering vibrates. Any speed before and there after, no problem.

After I used the center cone ring, it resolves the problem altogther. Additionally, using spacer together with the RING is no problem, smooth riding. But u must make sure your spacer has the 'gap' for you to fit in the ring... good luck man.

---------- Post added at 07:26 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:25 AM ----------

I also wanted TE37 lor.. before I went, I dream and dream of TE37 rota... but when put into my car, like missing something... it doesn't go well... so I took Type-F.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Bro... if you ask me, not really my preference lor... but if you really like it, then by all means get bronze or gun-metal color. :)

kaninbu

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2008
KL
hehe...saw 1 trek wif this rim quite cool but im not a big fans for rims anyway.for me the bigger spook the better.u know la,msia road condition.go over pod hole,rim can brake.

vspec

Rookie
Oct 9, 2005
Tehran
I see. Even with that offset cannot clear 4pot?

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
U referring to my SSR? Can clear but I still use spacer so I can easily clean my caliper la. ;)

vspec

Rookie
Oct 9, 2005
Tehran
U referring to my SSR? Can clear but I still use spacer so I can easily clean my caliper la. ;)
I'm reffering to the te37 that u mentioned...seems very nice

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I m not expert in rims specs & brandings....

But I think your Airtrek will look good either...

With a shiny black rim with shiny bright red lining

Or

With a shiny bright red rim with black lining...

Just my humble suggestion,

Forget it if you dont like the colours combinations...

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
I'm reffering to the te37 that u mentioned...seems very nice
I tried the TE37 rota on and it doesn't fit. It'll need a spacer to clear my 4 pots. :( Yes, I can't deny TE37 rota looks fabulous but it's just my personal preference maybe... that it doesn't goes along well with my car. Anyway, I am really happy with the Type-F.

---------- Post added at 07:15 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:13 AM ----------

I m not expert in rims specs & brandings....

But I think your Airtrek will look good either...

With a shiny black rim with shiny bright red lining

Or

With a shiny bright red rim with black lining...

Just my humble suggestion,

Forget it if you dont like the colours combinations...
Thanks for sharing your opinion man... appreciate it. I think look, color and preference all boils down to individual preferences. I was riding on 'VIP' styled rim and thought I should change to a rim that is more 'performance' looking than VIP. :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This is the ultimate luxury sports car. Not just any Aston, it is the Aston Martin DBS.

Powered by a V12 (510 horses, 420 lb-ft of torque), coupled with a complete restyling of every aspect. Carbon fiber is everywhere. The bodywork, in the car, cabin is accentuated with carbon fiber and detailed with fine leather finishing.

700 watt of Dolby Pro Logic II sound system, hard drive-based navigaion, Bluetooth integration...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience