What rim fits the best for silver Airtrek?

cftiew

Feb 9, 2009
brother, i got same colour airtrek with you, previous rims was Evo 7 original rims change to SSR type-F ( replica), b4 go to this rims i was considered enkei SC22 but it quite difficult to find in JB, so i got no choice go for this rims. after installing in my car it look skinny and my previous evo 7 rims was wider compare to current rims, according to the mechanic mention this rims is 8'5 wider hahaha.....

since the rims installed in my car already i will add wheel spacer for the rims to look wider and muscle abit in future.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
brother, i got same colour airtrek with you, previous rims was Evo 7 original rims change to SSR type-F ( replica), b4 go to this rims i was considered enkei SC22 but it quite difficult to find in JB, so i got no choice go for this rims. after installing in my car it look skinny and my previous evo 7 rims was wider compare to current rims, according to the mechanic mention this rims is 8'5 wider hahaha.....

since the rims installed in my car already i will add wheel spacer for the rims to look wider and muscle abit in future.
Thanks for sharing bro. Why don't you get bronze color? I think SSR looks better either gun-metal or bronze. Silver trek with silver rim, too gentle looking but nontheless, it lools nice.

I did not get a chance to go to the rim shop yesterday and when I wanted to go today, it is closed. Haiya... :(

If I get TE37, I'll get replicas too, original is way too expensive and I don't think it will make a difference that is noticible for daily drivings.

cftiew

Feb 9, 2009
when the rim is too wide,will it kena the banana leaf when u turn?
Yap agree, so just add either 1/4 inch or 1/2inch spacer see which one can fit without problem

---------- Post added at 02:08 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:57 AM ----------

Thanks for sharing bro. Why don't you get bronze color? I think SSR looks better either gun-metal or bronze. Silver trek with silver rim, too gentle looking but nontheless, it lools nice.

I did not get a chance to go to the rim shop yesterday and when I wanted to go today, it is closed. Haiya... :(

If I get TE37, I'll get replicas too, original is way too expensive and I don't think it will make a difference that is noticible for daily drivings.
honestly i prefer gun-metal but no choice bcos no gun-metal available in the shop, maybe i will send to spray the rims into gun-metal, but i heard that it quite expensive of spraying gun-metal.

My current rims lighter than original evo 7 rims so i can feel more power from 1st gear.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
I'm currently using a spacer for my existing rim because of the caliper. My SSW S076 Phantom cannot clear the 4 pot caliper. So I hope I can get a set of rims which can clear BBK without adding spacer. That is why I wanted TE37 Rota style. I will then move the spacer to the back (it's 0.25") and make the rear more macho looking. :)

Bro cftiew, gun-metal will be very cool. Why don't you look else where or even come to KL to buy? Do not settle for 2nd best. Well, I did and I regretted, now need to spend more to change rims. It would have been worthy to come to KL and get the one you wanted.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
UPDATE :)

I've already got the rims. It's not TE37 nor TE37 Rota. Well, they have stock but when they put it in my car, both matt black and bronze don't look too nice with Airtrek's curve. Perhaps it's just my personal preference. So I ended up with SSR Type-F (same with you bro CFTIEW). :)

There were 2 color choices and some how, my finance minister who insisted 'only silver' before we went approves the matt black/gun metal. Here are the pictures.

At the shop (ED Tire Ah Kit) trying on the rim.

Just after car wash, so the disc is a bit karat. :D

Nearer look at the new rims.

Just right after washing the car...

Side profile, looking pretty handsome as I'm using the spacer to clear the 4 pots. Far behind is my wife's car, also just washed. She wanted to change her 17" rims too... soon to come.

Attachments

Last edited:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
It's normal offset but it can clear the caliper without d spacer but way too close to the caliper. Difficult for me to clean the caliper. One of the reason I decide to chg rim is also becos of easy cleaning of caliper.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
It's not original, it's replica/imitation. I paid RM1480 for it. Including valves, installation and balancing. There was also free alignment but I did not get it as I've just got it done like 3 weeks ago after my engine mounting change. How much did you paid for in JB?

Additionally, tho this rim is replica, it's pretty light like what you said, bro cftiew. I tried lifting 3 different rims at the shop - TE37 rota, ADVAN Racing RZ and this SSR Type F. Of all, TE37 is the heaviest, followed by RZ and lastly, Type F.

It is also much lighter than my SSW. I've not really tried driving fast yet, so I don't know if my 1st gear is lighter compared before.

Last edited:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
From lifting feel, it's lighter by around 15-20%. That's pretty good actually. I did not weigh it, so I can't tell the difference in numbers. It's also pretty significant difference when I compared the TE37 and Type-F. TE37 is heavier, close to my SSW's. In fact if you look at the design, though Type-F has many spokes (12 of them), they're thin compared to TE37's 6 thick spokes and my SSW, 20 spokes where each spoke is thicker than Type-F's. So it's light.

Here is the ad @ Mudah : http://www.mudah.my/Sport+Rim+SSR+TYPE+F+Design+18Inci+BARU-14698793.htm

Last edited:

kaninbu

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2008
KL
they accept trade in?

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

18' work emotion look handsome if got black

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys...

There are a lot of aftermarket fuel pressure regulators out there in the market. I have seen Works FPR on sale for rm250 in mudah last time. Then there are Tomei and Sard FPR for rm150 which is clearly imitation.

Just want to ask:

1. Is there any benefits in changing to an aftermarket FPR (those with a dial) compared to the stock FPR?

2. Is there any harm/risk/ disadvantages of using an imitation (such as Tomei)?

Thank you..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience