What happened to our Motorsport scene?

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
Referring to MMER 2012, there's lot less participants and coverage..Till now still no results to be found on the net... (although I can produce the results here, but I'll better wait for official results)..

This is automotive forum/website..no coverage on local rallies even..no result for drag battle..

We almost lost Super GT..and I think we might lost F1 in the future....
No more Batu Tiga...:driver:

We might blame the government, the organizer, the location, the price, the promotion, the hype, the marketing..

But where were you?:smokin:

We Malaysian might just be keyboard warrior, commenting on the result, speaking as the key in automotive/motorsport industry, but nowhere to be seen during the event...

Better flooding the politics issue/thread on ZTH right? forget motorsport...:banghead:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
people still raya lorrrr... :biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Err... doesn't the front page of ZTH have posts about MMER?

Zerotohundred.com | The Automotive Lifestyle Network

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

MMER 2012 – Into the Night

Special Interview with Type R Racing Team’s Driver Ah Lai

13th MMER Kicks Off, Clearwater Racing Taking the Early Lead

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

Nexus Racing Aiming for the Top Spots in MMER 2012

Chris O’Shannessy Returns With Wing Hin Motorsport for MMER 2012!

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Motorsports need money to run ,this applies in any country.

Malaysia case, funding is the issue.
When politic (inevitably) comes in, the motorsport gets hijacked and changed it completely.

devious17

Nov 18, 2003
Kay Ell
I was too busy working to make enough money to pay for the entrance to the circuit, the tolls leading to the site, parking fees and fuel costs.

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
Err... doesn't the front page of ZTH have posts about MMER?

Zerotohundred.com | The Automotive Lifestyle Network

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

MMER 2012 – Into the Night

Special Interview with Type R Racing Team’s Driver Ah Lai

13th MMER Kicks Off, Clearwater Racing Taking the Early Lead

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

Nexus Racing Aiming for the Top Spots in MMER 2012

Chris O’Shannessy Returns With Wing Hin Motorsport for MMER 2012!
In the newspaper first...automotive forum should be the quickest way to gain info...:stupid:

Lack info some more..

JC racing early retirement..
Superb sounding Aston Martin (not the Nexus one)..:adore:
The second Ferrari 458 from Thailand, no info..
Wing Hin Altezza accident (tire puncture?)...
FT86, one of the slowest in its class but still third placing...
3 times drive-through penalties for Evora...what trigger the first? i know the second one due to cutting the track while going for drive-through, haha...
Safety car during the race..why and when?
'Kontena Nasional' Integra re-entering the race on the last 10 minutes (after being in garage for how long? the whole race?) just to drive slowly (really slow) but still not make it to the finish..
and the Scirocco group...do you know there's a lot of Scirocco R participating...no photo?

owh...mostly just want to know the results...yeah, petronas wins again...and vtec engine really good...:rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

there's a lot of funding waiting to enter our scene..

do you think they will sponsor when they know the return is minimal..
do you think they will advertise or do promotion here when there is no outcome...
do you think they will open a booth or organize an event when there are no interested parties...

show your support here...MMER is fully sponsored event...no parking fees, no entrance fees, you can use the 'jalan belakang' to avoid tolls...you can ask your mom to fetch you to save fuel...:rofl:

if im were to race, what drive me to participate...passion? like Ferrari? NO, its all business nowdays...if i were in their situation, i will not take part in the next race..

Thanks to Datuk Razlan for mentioning that the race must go on..to all motorsport/automotive enthusias, please support..show your love...

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
first...sadly theres no more affordable category in mmer...sub 2liter car have to resort to race in s1kseries...especially those 1.6litre car.... then, pre-2006 production car not allowwed to race in mss anymore if i remember correctly...its simply some of the crucial turn-off decicion for privateer racer like me that pouring sweat,blood n tears to prep old trusworthy car for competition....so for now those privateer only have snf and some gymkhana events to play with......so sad but thats the truth.....even local newspaper/tv channel need some payment to make the news...unless theres political or murder or artisan in action.... lol....

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I think MMER is stupid. Its a rich man's game.

Other than being hosted in Malaysia, there's nothing Malaysian about it.
1. Malaysian teams use foreign drivers - paid drivers, foreign cars, foreign talent.
2. As above post, local people are being segregated out by imposing rules that require $ to overcome
3. Merdeka? It shows we are being "jelajah", nothing Merdeka about it man. PETRONAS winning team featuring.. NOB? Japanese driver? hello, forgot who invaded Malaysia? Using what car? MERCEDES? Wow.

MALAYSIAN MERDEKA ENDURANCE RACE, what it should be? Only national makes & a category for Lotus Cars (because its owned by Malaysia yo!), only local drivers, foreign talent is allowed in the team & pits (so we learn their technology, skills & know how). Otherwise, don't taint the name of Malaysia and don't belittle the importance of Merdeka. Wah so proud lah, Jap driver winning MMER paid by Malaysia. MMER MY ASS.

devious17

Nov 18, 2003
Kay Ell
Just like the monsoon cup, playground of the rich and famous. What is the for Joe and Jane public? All the talks of making it affordable and accessible to the rakyat ,to keep them off the roads,to harvest local talent.....MMER MY ASS indeed.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Aiyo.. you two hard hats need some TLC from your respective partners. Chill la.

And to quote Devious punya signiture : "Life's like a Dick,it gets hard for no reasons."

:biggrin:

devious17

Nov 18, 2003
Kay Ell
:redface: Just pissed that Bt Tiga got leveled and SIC being so far and costly.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Motorsport is just one avenue to make money, profit oriented. No money, no honey. Not really true spirit of sports or sportmanship, but more like business deal....U untung, I pun untung, Sama-sama untung.

Just like education today. Who really emphasize the importance of knowledge anymore? Good old fashion and honest education? Politics tarnishes education. Furthermore, majority of students want to have their scrool, in double time, instant effect. Qualification is more important than substance. While colleges/uni are so concern of numbers of students enrollment (translates to increased collected tuition fees). WTF??

TOMEI-R

500 RPM
Jan 14, 2004
Referring to MMER 2012, there's lot less participants and coverage..Till now still no results to be found on the net... (although I can produce the results here, but I'll better wait for official results)..

This is automotive forum/website..no coverage on local rallies even..no result for drag battle..

We almost lost Super GT..and I think we might lost F1 in the future....
No more Batu Tiga...:driver:

We might blame the government, the organizer, the location, the price, the promotion, the hype, the marketing..

But where were you?:smokin:

We Malaysian might just be keyboard warrior, commenting on the result, speaking as the key in automotive/motorsport industry, but nowhere to be seen during the event...

Better flooding the politics issue/thread on ZTH right? forget motorsport...:banghead:

In a way, I agree with our bro here. Track days, Time Attacks, MSS, S1k and MME, these events dont really generate a lot of spectators and fans. I still remember when I was racing in MSS (and if some of you didnt know, its called Malaysian Super Series), we always called each other "syok sendiri". Why? Because the grandstands would be empty. Only people directly involved in the event and teams would be there. Occasionally we have some friends and family come watch us race. The only time when there were a lot of spectators when MSS became the support race for Japan Super GT. Other than that, its more like a private race/track day.
You couldnt blame the sponsors either. How are they to sponsor if there are not many spectators. Without exposure, money sponsored would more liked thrown in the drain.

So I concur with our bro here. Motorsports without fans is not motorsports. So everybody must chip in and do their part by "BEING THERE" during events. With spectators, sponsors will come. With Sponsors, there would be money. With Money, motorsports will go on. Food For thought...:wavey:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Does anyone know where I can find the stuff mentioned above?

preferably the complete set (all 4) so that I can use 5 bolt rims?
It must come with the original discs, caliper and knuckles (since I would not need to buy the things seperately.
Have you come across some at your local kedai potong store?

PM/ reply here with details.

Price and location is all the info I need.
Thanks in advance for any assistance provided.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience