What do you think?

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
whoa....the pothole must be pretty big, until the lower fender in bent inward, and popped out the fender.
The forward rocker panel might possibly be dented too.

Malaysia road work contractors must be doing a blardy fine job...So many potholes, and potholes get bigger year after year.

I hope some minister/minister son's supercars would get into these potholes and experience it firsthand. Baru tau rasa....:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
whoa....the pothole must be pretty big, until the lower fender in bent inward, and popped out the fender.
The forward rocker panel might possibly be dented too.

Malaysia road work contractors must be doing a blardy fine job...So many potholes, and potholes get bigger year after year.

I hope some minister/minister son's supercars would get into these potholes and experience it firsthand. Baru tau rasa....:biggrin:
Don't think the pothole is big because I used that road many times. After that incident, I try to notice if there any large potholes over there but I found none. However, there is one or two small ones that is easily overlooked. They look quite deep. Small but deep.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Worried about the quality of imitation. It might get dented easily if fall into pothole.

I did slow down on uneven roads. Scared it might harm my suspension or wheels. Just 3 weeks ago, I hit into a small pothole when I was looking at one Perdana turbo overtaking me at high speed from behind. Because of that, my mudguard was damaged and the lower part of my fender dented.
Why go for imitation? Many 17" around that is quite affordable. Advanti, Enkei and so on

Probably deep pothole as you mention. Hit your mudguard and lower part of the fender and bugle it out slightly...:bawling:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Then Advanti should be better than Evo 3 OZ?
Not necessarily. But a new rim is better than an old rim imho.

Still back to budget and whether you like the rim design or not. For Wira, 15-17 inches is not a problem, just the the price of the rims and those quality tyres is within the budget or not.Other than that, the right PCD or unless you are replacing the knuckle.

Is better that you fix a small rim with pairs of quality tyres than you fit a big rim with cheap tyres. Last time I was more for outlook and stance of the vehicle, now I'm more to function.
Agreed! Budget, and functionality!

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Why go for imitation? Many 17" around that is quite affordable. Advanti, Enkei and so on

Probably deep pothole as you mention. Hit your mudguard and lower part of the fender and bugle it out slightly...:bawling:
Got the whole thing fixed the next day. Now okay already except haven't equip back with new mudguard.

Not necessarily. But a new rim is better than an old rim imho.

Agreed! Budget, and functionality!
In terms of condition, a newer rim should always be better than a used old rim. But for build quality, material and weight, that is debatable.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
In terms of condition, a newer rim should always be better than a used old rim. But for build quality, material and weight, that is debatable.
Ori used OZ that's about 5-10 years old vs a new Taiwan respectable brand (Advanti). I'd go for the Advanti unless I'm really really fond of the OZ.

I think I saw on FB just recently about an original forged rim breaking like an imitation.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ori used OZ that's about 5-10 years old vs a new Taiwan respectable brand (Advanti). I'd go for the Advanti unless I'm really really fond of the OZ.

I think I saw on FB just recently about an original forged rim breaking like an imitation.
As I said is what you hit and how it was hit. Whether original or imitation can break also....

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

If I am not mistaken, that OZ is from Enkei. I guess the reason you choose Advanti is because it is priced lower than Japanese rims like Volk, Enkei, Advan?

As I said is what you hit and how it was hit. Whether original or imitation can break also....
Anything also can break, but the question is, how easy will it break. :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If I am not mistaken, that OZ is from Enkei. I guess the reason you choose Advanti is because it is priced lower than Japanese rims like Volk, Enkei, Advan?

OZ from Enkei?

But he is on Konig now.... :biggrin:

Malaysian Made Enkie also cheaper mah!

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Worried about the quality of imitation. It might get dented easily if fall into pothole.

I did slow down on uneven roads. Scared it might harm my suspension or wheels. Just 3 weeks ago, I hit into a small pothole when I was looking at one Perdana turbo overtaking me at high speed from behind. Because of that, my mudguard was damaged and the lower part of my fender dented.
How does it affect the fender.
Must be s super deep hole being ran over at super high speed for damage like that to occur.
Unless, it was actually an open man hole cover with people working in it that he was soo pissed u almost ran over him he manage to grab your fender and dent it.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

Aisay man. I went for the Advanti / Konig rims because of functionality - lightweight, new and price. I honestly doubt OZs are cheaper than the rims I'm using. But ultimately this is what I chose. You probably would prefer the OZ. To each his own!

In terms of breaking and strength, the Advantis and Konigs I owned are known to be pretty durable. So that's good enough for me. No need for super strong carbon fiber rims for me or ultralight magnesium rims mah.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
How does it affect the fender.
Must be s super deep hole being ran over at super high speed for damage like that to occur.
Unless, it was actually an open man hole cover with people working in it that he was soo pissed u almost ran over him he manage to grab your fender and dent it.
Was going at 70kmh at that time. Was initially at 80kmh but the damned Perdana turbo overtake me at high speed from behind even though the car from the opposite lane is quite near already. So, I thought I should slow down in case he don't have enough room to switch back into the lane. My attention was on the Perdana instead of the road during that time. :banghead:

Aisay man. I went for the Advanti / Konig rims because of functionality - lightweight, new and price. I honestly doubt OZs are cheaper than the rims I'm using. But ultimately this is what I chose. You probably would prefer the OZ. To each his own!

In terms of breaking and strength, the Advantis and Konigs I owned are known to be pretty durable. So that's good enough for me. No need for super strong carbon fiber rims for me or ultralight magnesium rims mah.
OZ from halfcut only, 600 to 700 plus at mudah. But PCD is different from my car. So, OZ is out of the question I guess...

Normally the price range for 15 inch Advantis are how much?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
OZ from halfcut only, 600 to 700 plus at mudah. But PCD is different from my car. So, OZ is out of the question I guess...

Normally the price range for 15 inch Advantis are how much?
Can always buy those PCD conversion kits mah. The Advanti Storm that I had was RM1400 including tyres. I'm not quite sure the cost of the rim only. But it doesn't sound expensive. The tyres were a-drive Yokos.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anybody know where can i get those clay that those paint shops use?
i need some...
hehe.. ;)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience