what daihatsu engine suitable for race/time attack??

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
The Levin Coupe is nice. But i find one more coupe nicer and rare. Not available here. Also known as ST206 & ST207. Not called as Toyota Celica though but actually I think is the continuation of the Celica ST series.

The Toyota Curren. Rear design is similar to the Celica brothers. Front is even nicer than the Levin Coupe.

Anyway, we should start a new thread on this. Alignment and Camber lari kaw kaw adi. :dontknow:
Never heard of this Toyota model before.

Come, let's start new thread. But what name? Random Toyota talk? :biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Never heard of this Toyota model before.

Come, let's start new thread. But what name? Random Toyota talk? :biggrin:
Because this car not available here :rofl: Toyota Cygnos I see before.
Any title that you can think of but must be a topic that can last long. Some just 1 or 2 pages dead adi then alignment will all lari...:rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Because this car not available here :rofl: Toyota Cygnos I see before.
Any title that you can think of but must be a topic that can last long. Some just 1 or 2 pages dead adi then alignment will all lari...:rofl:
Don't know what topic... But Izso's Choices of car to buy thread manage to go over 100 pages. That one seriously can last very long. From 2013 to 2014. :adore:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Don't know what topic... But Izso's Choices of car to buy thread manage to go over 100 pages. That one seriously can last very long. From 2013 to 2014. :adore:
Too bad he dont want to continue on his next car. If not can go further to 2015 :rofl:

Haha! He is gonna kill me when he reads this. But time to get out of this thread. Out of topic adi.

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
hahah.. u guys are extremely out of topics.. anyway, its good to have guys such a sporting.. but i still not decided yet which engine to choose.. maybe i proceed to mod the L7 EF-DET engine for the TTA i guess.. hope it can withstand 1.5 bar boost and extreme driving..

BuroQ

Known Member
Sep 13, 2004
Border Town
For you sure la, u will be too big for the car :rofl:
hahahah... we used to have a kancil way back. Kancil 850. Dad was short but had a big tummy. (kutuk bapak sendiri takpe :rofl:). One day he went to the bank. Somehow on that day got police roadblock. Tahan my dad for not wearing seatbelt.

Police: Assalamualaikum Pakcik. Pakcik tak pakai seatbelt, bahaya ni.
Dad: Waalaikumsalam. Macam mana saya nak pakai seatbelt Encik. Kaki saya pendek. Kalau kedepan lagi, perut kena steering.
Police: Bawak kete baik - baik pakcik.

Police lepaskan my dad. Told the family and we all laughed at the incident.

The older you get the more wiser you become. Especially when you kena tahan by polis / roadblock :rofl:

Trying to get myself into a kancil now would be like Hightower getting into a civic (Police Academy 2 reference). Not because tall, but because body getting wider compared to before hahaha

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

Ori Levin Coupe or sedan AE101 convert?

Finally found a pic of sedan convert.

Actually there are quite a number of segs (mid 90s / late 90s...EE100/AE100/AE101/AE110/AE111) that converted their front. For the AE10# series, some converted to BZ-Touring Wagon facelift (some even got the touring bar as well), FX bumper, GT (looks nearly identical to the normal SEG AE10# series), aftermarket bumpers, USDM, or some go a bit extreme like converting to AE111 facelift particularly with the round foglamps. Rarely convert to AE101 face.

Some also convert the rear to sprinter series.

Some are plug and play while some need some modifications.

As far as I know, Corolla polis / jpj jarang kacau since most of the rollas have sleeper looks / near to ori look. Unless you have ridiculous / extreme mods, any vehicle will get you pulled over by polis / jpj.

P.S: Sorry for diverting from traffic again :rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
hahah.. u guys are extremely out of topics.. anyway, its good to have guys such a sporting.. but i still not decided yet which engine to choose.. maybe i proceed to mod the L7 EF-DET engine for the TTA i guess.. hope it can withstand 1.5 bar boost and extreme driving..
Ya guess once bitten twice shy. You wouldnt want to risk on L2s again I guess.
Then can try to go for EF-DET. For me, I decided on L2s. Wait till I really transplant then
can meet up with your Mira also :rofl:

Now just gonna do like you said, after get engine, just do whatever necessary on the engine before transplant since my stock engine now still running smooth.

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
Ya guess once bitten twice shy. You wouldnt want to risk on L2s again I guess.
Then can try to go for EF-DET. For me, I decided on L2s. Wait till I really transplant then
can meet up with your Mira also :rofl:

Now just gonna do like you said, after get engine, just do whatever necessary on the engine before transplant since my stock engine now still running smooth.
too bad not into turbo much, but who knows maybe sum1 can racun me that good heheh:burnout:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
too bad not into turbo much, but who knows maybe sum1 can racun me that good heheh:burnout:
Kancil stock, really I beh tahan adi. You get all sorts of car bully u. Even Viva or Myvi lady driver also give you cock stare. I was like, we exchange car and see, you drive my kancil 660cc and I drive your myvi 1.5L.

No brains. :stupid:
Displacement 660cc expect my car to perform like them. :banghead:

But L2s displacement 660cc then different story :biggrin:
That's is one of the reason why we must upgrade bro :laugh:

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
yeah bro.. just take your time doing it the right way.. because u are setting up ur L2s for daily use.. makesure everythings almost perfect.. can also do some make-up along the way.. u spend one time, u wont spend for maintainance anytime soon.. :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

Kancil stock, really I beh tahan adi. You get all sorts of car bully u. Even Viva or Myvi lady driver also give you cock stare. I was like, we exchange car and see, you drive my kancil 660cc and I drive your myvi 1.5L.

bro, im not bragging or show off. base on my experience, my old modded L2 can go 190 kph no joke. it was tested with stock persona on plus hiway. but the downside is that the temp is climbing like rocket. i can only maintain for like 4-5 minutes then the temp already go 3rd quarter of the gauge. so if u have time and abit more budget, better change to aluminum radiator. or at least makesure the cooling system running at best condition..

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

Inside L2s there got 'snail' of course different already la. The larger the 'snail' you have inside, the more power you'll have. :biggrin: But lag is an issue also unless you have misfiring system... :adore:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
yeah bro.. just take your time doing it the right way.. because u are setting up ur L2s for daily use.. makesure everythings almost perfect.. can also do some make-up along the way.. u spend one time, u wont spend for maintainance anytime soon.. :biggrin:

bro, im not bragging or show off. base on my experience, my old modded L2 can go 190 kph no joke. it was tested with stock persona on plus hiway. but the downside is that the temp is climbing like rocket. i can only maintain for like 4-5 minutes then the temp already go 3rd quarter of the gauge. so if u have time and abit more budget, better change to aluminum radiator. or at least makesure the cooling system running at best condition..
Ya, I use to have that problem when I 1st got the car, the Radiator fan motor was not so good, so after replacing it and also did a radiator flush and added with Toyota Coolant. Now is better.

No more heat increasing issues now. Last time drive 90km/h for certain period of time, temperature will exceed more than half and slowly climbing.

Ya will make sure the cooling system is done properly. Thanks bro.

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

Inside L2s there got 'snail' of course different already la. The larger the 'snail' you have inside, the more power you'll have. :biggrin: But lag is an issue also unless you have misfiring system... :adore:
L5 got more torque and L2 have more high end power. So depends on what we want la...
I usually prefer torque for a small car. But then since L2 not much limitation, so thought wanna try that. Previously L5 engine was my idea due to it is using timing chain instead. No headache on replacing timing belt. Can use Subaru's turbo :biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
L5 got more torque and L2 have more high end power. So depends on what we want la...
I usually prefer torque for a small car. But then since L2 not much limitation, so thought wanna try that. Previously L5 engine was my idea due to it is using timing chain instead. No headache on replacing timing belt. Can use Subaru's turbo :biggrin:
L2 is the SOHC one right? I thought DOHC would be better...

Subaru's turbo would be those RHF series turbo?

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

it's just like that, my 660 car still stock, just did 120kmh @ 5k rpm downhill summore on MEX last Thursday & changed to alu rad + supposedly NASA endorsed coolant oso temp goes to 3/4 of the meter, scared sumthing happen after going uphill, temp meter 3/4, downhill I free gear & just let the car cruze down hill to cool down

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This thread is to invite those whose car batteries have benefited from the regular use of Tufoil to share their real experiences.

First, I shall start the ball rolling with my personal experience.

Some 5 years back, I had a standard MB 190E using a DIN 55 GP maintenance-free battery. This battery was among the first production series for a maintenance-free battery produced in Malaysia. A Mk 1.The battery was already 4 years old but was still certified good using a Midtronics battery tester...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience