What are you driving now?

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
I got 2 friends, one with ct one with cn convert e5, who know they wanna sell in future:biggrin: seems so gay, collecting all my friend's old wife:dancing2:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I got 2 friends, one with ct one with cn convert e5, who know they wanna sell in future:biggrin: seems so gay, collecting all my friend's old wife:dancing2:
Don't say it that way. There is this saying that one man's trash is another man's treasure. But I'm not saying that their Evo are trash. When the time comes where they no longer appreciate the charms of their cars anymore, you are there to take over and continue to appreciate the car's legacy. :adore:

Hard to find CN9A Evo 4 that still looks like stock nowadays. A lot converted them to the newer Evo 5 or Evo 6 look. For me, I really like the Evo 4 front look as it looks more aggressive. But the fender arches in Evo 5 and 6 looks better than the flat sides of Evo 4.

When it comes to CT9A, which one are you targeting? Non MIVEC Evo 7/8 or MIVEC turbo Evo 9? 5 speed or 6 speed MT? :biggrin:

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Now CT9A is getting more expensive. Price not really going down. As for CN9A or CP9A, seems hard to find the original chassis as there many converted CK chassis going around.
haha the latter 2 seeing them go for about 40 grand....

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
Don't say it that way. There is this saying that one man's trash is another man's treasure. But I'm not saying that their Evo are trash. When the time comes where they no longer appreciate the charms of their cars anymore, you are there to take over and continue to appreciate the car's legacy. :adore:

Hard to find CN9A Evo 4 that still looks like stock nowadays. A lot converted them to the newer Evo 5 or Evo 6 look. For me, I really like the Evo 4 front look as it looks more aggressive. But the fender arches in Evo 5 and 6 looks better than the flat sides of Evo 4.

When it comes to CT9A, which one are you targeting? Non MIVEC Evo 7/8 or MIVEC turbo Evo 9? 5 speed or 6 speed MT? :biggrin:
the ct my fren have is e8 come with 6 speed non mivec, for me,the non mivec 4g63 is better and easier to maintain compare to e9 mivec, some how only intake side mivec,but lots of parts not shareable with e7 8 due to the mivec, so i will definately choose non mivec ct9a... some how already got intake and exhaust mivec 4b11 :biggrin:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
the only worry abt 6 speed is the gearbox,all diff from 5 speed

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
haha the latter 2 seeing them go for about 40 grand....
CN9A and CP9A for 40 grand? Very unlikely isn't it. Those are the price of converted Lancer CK not Evo. The real Evo I think are selling like 60-80k. If is GC8, that is possible to get for around 40 grand even for original GC8 STI chassis. But GC8 chassis are very confusing as the WRX are also coded as GC8. Same goes for the STI. :confused:

the ct my fren have is e8 come with 6 speed non mivec, for me,the non mivec 4g63 is better and easier to maintain compare to e9 mivec, some how only intake side mivec,but lots of parts not shareable with e7 8 due to the mivec, so i will definately choose non mivec ct9a... some how already got intake and exhaust mivec 4b11 :biggrin:
I heard before about non MIVEC 4G63T is easier to modify too. Maybe the added MIVEC system made the cylinder head more complex which might cause some issues.

Why worried?

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
CN9A and CP9A for 40 grand? Very unlikely isn't it. Those are the price of converted Lancer CK not Evo. The real Evo I think are selling like 60-80k. If is GC8, that is possible to get for around 40 grand even for original GC8 STI chassis. But GC8 chassis are very confusing as the WRX are also coded as GC8. Same goes for the STI. :confused:

I heard before about non MIVEC 4G63T is easier to modify too. Maybe the added MIVEC system made the cylinder head more complex which might cause some issues.

Why worried?
yaya 40-50g.. proper evo 4/5 tho at that lower price, car doesnt look greatlah, its 20 after all....
gc yeah confusing sikit (i think theres a way to tell? am not sure)... syukur they learn their lesson after that, the gd at least coded tell you what it is...

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

Why worried?
Ya, many said if want to highly mod then better the non-Mivec 4G63T. If for lighter mods then better the Mivec one. The Mivec one in factory std is already slightly faster and should give slightly better FC (not sure if really true or not). If want the non-Mivec then best is the 8 MR.

6 speed box is more fragile than the 5 speeder.

If just 40k, surely are just converted CK. Real Evos at least are still asking over 50k. (I saw before also real CN/CP9A only asking 40+ but condition seems bad already). CN/CP9A prices now are a too high coz getting more rare. Better buy Evo 7, can get around 60k or even below for stock one. For 8, can get below 80k. 8MR though seems still rather expensive, close to 90k or even more.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
EVO X! You got the SST model? I was contemplating and bank wouldn't loan more than 65k for me.. so couldn't afford to buy it in the end. I got a good deal on one and well maintained one too. Pity couldn't buy it over. That SST oil + LSD oils + engine oil can add up to be a lot man. And SST is change every 30k.. siao liao :banghead: 1k per service is normal Diaqueen one issit? If you opt for the Motul one.. wahahha.. pk

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Ntg to shout about, just a ordinary myvi.
Mine also just ordinary Wira what. :biggrin:

yaya 40-50g.. proper evo 4/5 tho at that lower price, car doesnt look greatlah, its 20 after all....
gc yeah confusing sikit (i think theres a way to tell? am not sure)... syukur they learn their lesson after that, the gd at least coded tell you what it is...
40-50k for a real Evo 4/5. Seems like lower than market price since that is the price for those converted CK. Maybe there is something not right with the Evo.

GC8 got way to tell whether is it STI or WRX. But need a detailed guide to check. I've seen a website with such guide before, very complicated. There are 6 generations of GC8 STI and not sure how many GC8 WRX out there. You really need to remember a lot of things to identify them.

GD chassis at least you can tell that GDB = STI while GDA = WRX. GDB year model goes by the alphabet behind them from A to G. Like for example, GDB-C, GDB-D, GDB-F.

Ya, many said if want to highly mod then better the non-Mivec 4G63T. If for lighter mods then better the Mivec one. The Mivec one in factory std is already slightly faster and should give slightly better FC (not sure if really true or not). If want the non-Mivec then best is the 8 MR.

6 speed box is more fragile than the 5 speeder.

If just 40k, surely are just converted CK. Real Evos at least are still asking over 50k. (I saw before also real CN/CP9A only asking 40+ but condition seems bad already). CN/CP9A prices now are a too high coz getting more rare. Better buy Evo 7, can get around 60k or even below for stock one. For 8, can get below 80k. 8MR though seems still rather expensive, close to 90k or even more.
Evo 8 MR is the best because of its carbon bits. But did Evo 9 MR came with those carbon bits?

Din't know that the 6 speed gearbox found in more expensive trim is actually more fragile. I guess this is where Mitsubishi lost to Subaru since Subaru's 6 speed in STI is stronger than the 5 speed in WRX.

Buying a CP9A for 60k is still better than buying an older CE9A at that kind of price. Other than the bragging rights and exclusivity, CE9A can not be better than CP9A in terms of performance. But you are right aboout Evo 7 at 60k. That one came with an even better chassis and more parts for mods and tuning.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Evo 8 MR is the best because of its carbon bits. But did Evo 9 MR came with those carbon bits?

Din't know that the 6 speed gearbox found in more expensive trim is actually more fragile. I guess this is where Mitsubishi lost to Subaru since Subaru's 6 speed in STI is stronger than the 5 speed in WRX.

Buying a CP9A for 60k is still better than buying an older CE9A at that kind of price. Other than the bragging rights and exclusivity, CE9A can not be better than CP9A in terms of performance. But you are right aboout Evo 7 at 60k. That one came with an even better chassis and more parts for mods and tuning.
What carbon bits leh? Only has that shark fins at the roof plus some interior trims. The 8 MR has aluminum roof, Bilstein dampers, better and bigger turbo, and improved AYC over the 8 GSR, those are the main differences. The difference with the 9 is further improvement in the turbo and AYC again, plus slightly lower rear suspension, and of course the MIVEC. Now between 9 MR & 9 GSR actually not much difference anymore, mostly just small differences in cosmetics as both already use the same aluminum roof and Bilstein dampers too. So for the 8, there's rather significant technical difference between MR & GSR hence warrants the difference inn price, but for the 9 not really different anymore.

Yes the 5 speeders for Evo is more sturdy to take on more crazy power mods. If not mistaken you can upgrade the internals of the 5 speeders also with stronger materials/parts which are not available for the 6 speeders. (CMIIW though). However it doesn't mean the 6 speeders cannot take mods at all, there are still many high powered Evos still using the 6 speeders too. Anyway how fast you want it to be, even in stock form this car is wicked fast, enough to scare the crap out of most normal people already.

Hahaha, don't talk about CE9A anymore, the price is ridiculous coz just too rare already. If you can get your hands on a good condition CP9A either 5 or 6 around 60k or less is already a pretty good deal, but the best bargain now should be the 7 GSR followed by the 8 GSR. Got plenty of 7 & 8 now on sale btw but some are crazy prices too.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
What carbon bits leh? Only has that shark fins at the roof plus some interior trims. The 8 MR has aluminum roof, Bilstein dampers, better and bigger turbo, and improved AYC over the 8 GSR, those are the main differences. The difference with the 9 is further improvement in the turbo and AYC again, plus slightly lower rear suspension, and of course the MIVEC. Now between 9 MR & 9 GSR actually not much difference anymore, mostly just small differences in cosmetics as both already use the same aluminum roof and Bilstein dampers too. So for the 8, there's rather significant technical difference between MR & GSR hence warrants the difference inn price, but for the 9 not really different anymore.

Yes the 5 speeders for Evo is more sturdy to take on more crazy power mods. If not mistaken you can upgrade the internals of the 5 speeders also with stronger materials/parts which are not available for the 6 speeders. (CMIIW though). However it doesn't mean the 6 speeders cannot take mods at all, there are still many high powered Evos still using the 6 speeders too. Anyway how fast you want it to be, even in stock form this car is wicked fast, enough to scare the crap out of most normal people already.

Hahaha, don't talk about CE9A anymore, the price is ridiculous coz just too rare already. If you can get your hands on a good condition CP9A either 5 or 6 around 60k or less is already a pretty good deal, but the best bargain now should be the 7 GSR followed by the 8 GSR. Got plenty of 7 & 8 now on sale btw but some are crazy prices too.
The carbon fibre spoiler? Sorry, earlier on I forgot that the roof is not carbon but aluminum instead. One more thing that Evo 8 GSR differs with MR would be that MR had the smoked rear lamp while GSR is using the reflective crystal lamp.

I think for mods not over 500hp is not considered as high power mod for Evo isn't it? The 6 speeder should be able to take this.

CE9A is only overrated in Malaysia. I think the same can be said for CD9A but that one is really a rare chassis but our friend here, peterj owns one. :adore:

Price of Evo 8 still seems okay but when it comes to Evo 9, the price suddenly jumps up much higher than 8. We don't see that in Impreza WRX STI Version 8 and 9. In future, I think price of used Evo 9 might end up even higher than price of used Evo X.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
The carbon fibre spoiler? Sorry, earlier on I forgot that the roof is not carbon but aluminum instead. One more thing that Evo 8 GSR differs with MR would be that MR had the smoked rear lamp while GSR is using the reflective crystal lamp.

I think for mods not over 500hp is not considered as high power mod for Evo isn't it? The 6 speeder should be able to take this.

CE9A is only overrated in Malaysia. I think the same can be said for CD9A but that one is really a rare chassis but our friend here, peterj owns one. :adore:

Price of Evo 8 still seems okay but when it comes to Evo 9, the price suddenly jumps up much higher than 8. We don't see that in Impreza WRX STI Version 8 and 9. In future, I think price of used Evo 9 might end up even higher than price of used Evo X.
Yeah carbon rear wing too, but like the dark rear and front lights they are just cosmetics. For rear wings though, Evo 8 wing is better than Evo 9 coz the 8 horizontal wing plate is fully filled with some foam while Evo 9 carbon plate is hollow hence more fragile even though lighter.

Yes Evo 9 prices is really2 staying strong, with only very small depreciation in the last 2-3 yrs while the rest are dropping as normal. Many consider Evo 9 as the best along with the TME, and the 9 was the last of the legendary 4G63T. I personally agree with that also. If I were to buy just an Evo, it will be either the 9 GSR/MR, 8 MR, or TME, unfortunately prices of all those 3 are still pretty high. Even now, asking prices of Evo 9 is already overlapping with Evo X! Some still try selling Evo 9 with opening price around 120k or more while some Evo X were already sold below that.

WRX prices drop like normal cars, even worse than Evo 8 GSR. V9 STI now is pretty cheap, can get for just around rm70-80k. Only the special editions S204 is still rather expensive but also already below Evo 9 prices on average.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Im thinking of buying a car and renting it out when im not using it. Is there a rental need for suzuki swift sport? Are hatchback easy to rent out?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience