What are these meters for

r0yEE

1,500 RPM
Dec 4, 2008
i know.. turbo is fun huh? just looking for one for my Datsun 120Y GX. already hooked up with a C20 engine, do you think it's possible to put a turbo is? i have a post in another section... you can check it out..
so now what meter should i get???? don't tell me turbo meter cause there's no turbo in my ride yet..:bawling:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
i know.. turbo is fun huh? just looking for one for my Datsun 120Y GX. already hooked up with a C20 engine, do you think it's possible to put a turbo is? i have a post in another section... you can check it out..
so now what meter should i get???? don't tell me turbo meter cause there's no turbo in my ride yet..:bawling:
erm... vacuum and a/f ratio?

like shiro san sez... it helps to diagnose problems, especially useful if ur running carb (urs a carbie right?)...these that've found out...
http://www.classictruckshop.com/clubs/earlyburbs/projects/vac/uum.htm
http://www.secondchancegarage.com/public/186.cfm

a/f ratio suitable if u like to DIY tune ur carbs... couple wif the vac meter above... i think it pairs well...

1 more question though... Nissan C20 engine came from Vanette C20 right? sorry.. not familiar wif nissan engines :slug:

p/s: vividly remember my late granpa old 120Y...running the stock engine + LPG conversion (current NGV use CNG).... haha u read right... whenever need to refill have to go from jeram to esso klang :biggrin:

after he died, my uncle take cares for the car... replacing it with a Vanette engine (think the same as yours) and change to CNG...

Later in 2003 he sold it for a mere rm3000.... it infuriates me since I just wanna order my Kancil wif downpayment exactly RM3000..... if he told me earlier for sure i bought the car from him..

then later in early 2009 papagoines and r0yee can have tt together discussing carbs jets etc.... :biggrin:

ooops... out of topic.. sorry

r0yEE

1,500 RPM
Dec 4, 2008
hahahha.. yupz.. mine is a carbie aite.. C20 it is from a vanette engine..
so just two meter huh? air fuel ratio meter and vacuum meter huh..

Bump: hahahha.. yupz.. mine is a carbie aite.. C20 it is from a vanette engine..

Bump: i just saw the link you gave papa, man is confusing.. here and there is also bad.. :hmmmm: i really need to learn from you more.. although i just know that meter is for what but to learn how to read it.. teach me..:banghead:

Bump: i just saw the link you gave papa, man is confusing.. here and there is also bad.. :hmmmm: i really need to learn from you more.. although i just know that meter is for what but to learn how to read it.. teach me..:banghead:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
C20's engine is really a tough engine. I taruk before kau kau at max speed 140+ also don't scare about water temp going high the engine is powerful also. I drive a C22 before for a long period. very fast and the engine does not hesitate to go. C22's or C20's engine is a good choice to mod into 120Y. A simple engine and easy to work with.

pioneer, all DEFIs comes complete with sensors.

Roy, if you are going to drop in a Vanette engine remember to fit a Tacho also..because the van don't have a tacho. I don't think AF meter will work in a carbie since the AF signal is taken from the ECU or O2 sensor.
I think overall, you will need.
1. Rev gauge
2. water temp
3. oil press
4. vac gauge

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
hahahha.. yupz.. mine is a carbie aite.. C20 it is from a vanette engine..

slow down r0yee, i'm not an expert... it's just some website that i'm digging up when ppl laugh at me for installing a vacuum meter during my NA days... maybe shiro san can help....

C20's engine is really a tough engine. I taruk before kau kau at max speed 140+ also don't scare about water temp going high the engine is powerful also. I drive a C22 before for a long period. very fast and the engine does not hesitate to go. C22's or C20's engine is a good choice to mod into 120Y. A simple engine and easy to work with.

pioneer, all DEFIs comes complete with sensors.

Roy, if you are going to drop in a Vanette engine remember to fit a Tacho also..because the van don't have a tacho. I don't think AF meter will work in a carbie since the AF signal is taken from the ECU or O2 sensor.
I think overall, you will need.
1. Rev gauge
2. water temp
3. oil press
4. vac gauge
Wideband meter got it's own sensor right? :confused:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
slow down r0yee, i'm not an expert... it's just some website that i'm digging up when ppl laugh at me for installing a vacuum meter during my NA days... maybe shiro san can help....

Wideband meter got it's own sensor right? :confused:
wideband got but if just install a AF gauge onto a carbie is not possible...since carb tuning is manually and no injector or fuel rail. It's using a metering needle.

r0yEE

1,500 RPM
Dec 4, 2008
yo titan, i already have a tacho man, but it's not that accurate + is autegauge... i don't know why:hmmmm:
is like when i accelerate and let go then only the meter move up.. is't suppose to be this way??

Bump: guess what titan, 120Y's max is 160 but i already nail it with my stock and now with the C20, i passed the 160:proud: that's why i'm looking for a speedmeter as well and changing to 5 speed soon..:rock:

Bump: guess what titan, 120Y's max is 160 but i already nail it with my stock and now with the C20, i passed the 160:proud: that's why i'm looking for a speedmeter as well and changing to 5 speed soon..:rock:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Roy, changeto a better tach.

Isn't the C20 is already a 5 speed gearbox? That time my vanette meter show max is 140 only. the meter already passes 140 but tersangkut at the bottom.

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
wideband got but if just install a AF gauge onto a carbie is not possible...since carb tuning is manually and no injector or fuel rail. It's using a metering needle.
really? i thot can...

sangkut already mean always stay over140?
jhahahhaa:driver::driver:
waaa...... that really define "look fast while standing still" :rofl:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
papa not sure lah. Sensors should come as a package right for the wideband.

my meter was ok papa. What i mean is when i max to 140 it just stay there and can't go down anymore because it's already at the bottom.

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
papa not sure lah. Sensors should come as a package right for the wideband.

my meter was ok papa. What i mean is when i max to 140 it just stay there and can't go down anymore because it's already at the bottom.
based on this website http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16235&cat=262&page=1, looks like a complete package... but the price :banghead:

got me thinking, why not get a used OEM O2 sensor in good condition and weld it into carbie's exhaust pipe.... and then splice its meter to a narrowband afr meter such as autogauge/autometer... sure can read rite?

abt ur speedo bro titanrev... not meant to make a joke out of it man... sorry....

but still... surely u speeding past 140kmh that time rite? how do you control it?

in my kancil... past 100kmh oredy 'gegar' like apollo 13 wanna make emergency reentry into earth :rofl:

Last edited:

r0yEE

1,500 RPM
Dec 4, 2008
i didn't manage to change the gearbox that time.. so i'm now looking for one..
will look for a better tacho too

Bump: yo papa, kancil's arrow dynamics are like a block trying to go fast.. for a 120Y it's whole lot of diff man.. its dynamics are just built in..

Bump: yo papa, kancil's arrow dynamics are like a block trying to go fast.. for a 120Y it's whole lot of diff man.. its dynamics are just built in..

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
based on this website http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16235&cat=262&page=1, looks like a complete package... but the price :banghead:

got me thinking, why not get a used OEM O2 sensor in good condition and weld it into carbie's exhaust pipe.... and then splice its meter to a narrowband afr meter such as autogauge/autometer... sure can read rite?

abt ur speedo bro titanrev... not meant to make a joke out of it man... sorry....

but still... surely u speeding past 140kmh that time rite? how do you control it?

in my kancil... past 100kmh oredy 'gegar' like apollo 13 wanna make emergency reentry into earth :rofl:
papa, that time I was still a student. Going at more than 140km/h on a van...the feeling is actually not that scary. I'm not boasting my balls here but it's feels normal. The van was not shaking or swaying i just hold the steering straight and not do any big moves.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi friends

This is a Honda Fit, less than 10 years old, nice looking with the sporty Advan Racing wheels.

engine was cleaned first

From

To

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience