what are the potentials of 4g91 engine?

WESeleventhirty

Oct 17, 2005
hey guys,
Can somebody tell me about the engine?..how good is is, stable?, good? long lasting...fast?...responsive to modifications?...have anyone done a major mod to it b4? i wanna do some research..tell me tell me tell me..hihi

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
A 4G91 is NOT a performance engine... if thats what u're wondering.

If u're going for performance... pick another engine.

If you're just planning to swap it into a daily SLOWLY driven car... then this engine is a good choice... the mileage u get out of it is awesome. Assuming no mods are done (even the exhaust left stock standard)... you should be able to attain over 500kms on 40 litres of petrol.

But assuming u wanna transplant and still do wanna do up the engine... ummm... then ah... potentially... this is somewhere around the power of a 1.6 SOHC proton. IF u wanna make it as powerful as 4G93, u'd probably have to spend thousands and thousands of ringgit before u come anywhere close.

4G91 stock as 115hp on flywheel... which gives about 90hp on wheels. GTis have aroud 110-120 on wheels.... to up 20-30hp on a 1.5cc normally aspirated engine... is going to be very difficult. U'd probably need to do port and polish, high cams and an upgraded ECU... which these 3 mods alone would probably set u back at 5-6k... might as well transplant straight a 1.8 in the first place. =Þ

4g91 internals are pretty delicate too... cut long story short... u can't go far with this engine... so if u're in for the power... try starting on a stronger base... like a mivec or a GSR.

hornydrifter

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
KEY EL!
Alvin is rite...4g91 is NOT a performance engine...but me myself is a 4g91 user..d power not to say too bad laa..but if put against gsr,mivec,1.8gti,or b6 and b8...die lerr..but if against d 4g92 1.6 sohc,a 1.5 wila biasa..a detomaso,and d15b engine(honda 1.5)..then there's a chance...but wat my mods done 4 me r quite good as i can cope up with gti...my mods r 1.8intake,bored mivec trottle,mivec injectors,272cams,fully ported head,head skimming,0.8 head gasket,fuel regulator..and adjustable cam pulley..ecu not yet done..n i got [email protected] the money i spend?:cry_smile: ...STILL CANT BEAT MIVEC!...Its up to ur preference...

V8_nutter

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
alvin24 said:
A 4G91 is NOT a performance engine... if thats what u're wondering.

If u're going for performance... pick another engine.

If you're just planning to swap it into a daily SLOWLY driven car... then this engine is a good choice... the mileage u get out of it is awesome. Assuming no mods are done (even the exhaust left stock standard)... you should be able to attain over 500kms on 40 litres of petrol.

But assuming u wanna transplant and still do wanna do up the engine... ummm... then ah... potentially... this is somewhere around the power of a 1.6 SOHC proton. IF u wanna make it as powerful as 4G93, u'd probably have to spend thousands and thousands of ringgit before u come anywhere close.

4G91 stock as 115hp on flywheel... which gives about 90hp on wheels. GTis have aroud 110-120 on wheels.... to up 20-30hp on a 1.5cc normally aspirated engine... is going to be very difficult. U'd probably need to do port and polish, high cams and an upgraded ECU... which these 3 mods alone would probably set u back at 5-6k... might as well transplant straight a 1.8 in the first place. =Þ

4g91 internals are pretty delicate too... cut long story short... u can't go far with this engine... so if u're in for the power... try starting on a stronger base... like a mivec or a GSR.
I disagree with you,,:_:

You can make it a performance engine with a right parts,,such as.

288, 292 cams.
Microtech wiring (lt8 / lt10s)
1.6 4g92 pistons (very good compression)
0.8mm gasket.
60mm throttle body.

However,,this engine with aboved setup tends to pinging. So you must "think" further to solve that problems.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi friends

This is a Honda Fit, less than 10 years old, nice looking with the sporty Advan Racing wheels.

engine was cleaned first

From

To

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience