WetShine.net: Cleaning a nasty 7 years old interior of a Proton Gen2

fishbonezken

Feb 13, 2006
Some before pictures of the car. The brown stains you see is 7 years old sugarcane juice that had exploded all over the interior.

Let's start by cleaning the door cards. Scrubbed using ValetPro Interior All Purpose Cleaner (diluted 1:10) and dressed with ValetPro Talos Protectant.

Watch the video on the full process for cleaning the door cards.

If embedding doesn't work:
Door Card Cleaning by WetShine.net - YouTube

Then it's time to clean the headliners. No video for this one as it's pretty boring to watch, here are some screen captures.

Next, the seats, process as below (watch video):

- Vacuum loose dirt
- Spray and agitate ValetPro Heavy Duty Carpet Cleaner (diluted 1:10)
- Extract with Karcher SE4001 and ValetPro Heavy Duty Carpet Cleaner (diluted 1:80)
- Re-extract with clean water

Fabric Seat Cleaning by WetShine.net - YouTube

Some before and afters:

Glass and mirrors cleaned with ValetPro Glass Cleaner.

It was meant to be an interior detail only but the tired looking exterior was just begging for some pampering.

Washed with Osren Bubble and Wax shampoo, waxed with ValetPro Banana Wax, it cleansed the paint pretty well and left it looking glossy and felt slick to touch. Glass was clayed as it felt very rough (overspray) and cleansed with Autoglym Glass Polish by hand.

Wiping off the Banana Wax residue with the help of ValetPro Citrus Bling. Tired dressed with ValetPro Traditional Tire Dressing.

Some after shots below:

Took about 12 hours of work, and needed another full day for the seats to fully dry.

Lessons learned from this detail:

- Cleaning interior is no easy job! Even with the help of an extractor, it is still pretty laborious. I underestimated the task.

- Don't spray too much liquid onto the seats as it will soak into the foam beneath the fabric, the seat base took much longer to dry than the backrest.

- Even though it's my first time using an extractor, I could tell the limitations of the Karcher SE4001 already. Low capacity, have to add and change water frequently. The sprayer's pressure could be higher as it was dripping on me while extracting the headliner. It's also much louder than the average vacuum cleaner.

- A clean interior will smell good, if your interior stinks, spend the money and get it cleaned. Air fresheners, car ionizers & ozone generators can only do so much. The difference is like stepping from a wet smelly fish market to meadow of fragrant flowers.

Some of the ValetPro products used:

For my 9gagging friend, the owner of this car. This is for you.

That's all folks, thanks for looking! All comments are appreciated!

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
You're the only crazy detailer I know (ok granted, I don't know a lot of detailers) who would spend that long a time on one door panel!

And that carpet extractor looks handy. In this sort of scenario a steam cleaner can't wash out the carpet cleaner you sprayed on? Also if you decide to sell the Karcher, me me me!

Btw, you got a typo. "Tires" not "Tired".

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
The extent of your detail is indescribable and the depth of your writing is just amazing. So you got an extractor now. Thanks for taking the trouble to post up videos so we can see it in action..

Another epic detail fit for royals. Really miss you posts Fishbonez...

eohl79

Known Member
Jun 12, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Nice work bro Ken. Two thumbs and toes up! Nice pic strip at the end! Ingenious way of presenting your work.

BTW... mind asking around how much is the extractor? Looks $$$...

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
WOW....just WOW....what's the age of the car again? Mighty clean and shiny now....

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
is those wet shine product for cushion , roof panel,dashboard and glass sold here in ZTH?

fishbonezken

Feb 13, 2006
You're the only crazy detailer I know (ok granted, I don't know a lot of detailers) who would spend that long a time on one door panel!

And that carpet extractor looks handy. In this sort of scenario a steam cleaner can't wash out the carpet cleaner you sprayed on? Also if you decide to sell the Karcher, me me me!

Btw, you got a typo. "Tires" not "Tired".
Thanks Izso! The full video for the door panel cleaning was about 8 mins, haha had to cut and fast forward alot.
Steam cleaner, I have not tried before, but it's supposed to be able to clean most things also, KC and s1tl can answer you better on that since they got experience with steam cleaner.

Ahh thanks for pointing out the typo!

The extent of your detail is indescribable and the depth of your writing is just amazing. So you got an extractor now. Thanks for taking the trouble to post up videos so we can see it in action..

Another epic detail fit for royals. Really miss you posts Fishbonez...
hahaha thanks bro veloc! Yup purposely got the extractor for this detail, can't imagine cleaning it without one.

Nice work bro Ken. Two thumbs and toes up! Nice pic strip at the end! Ingenious way of presenting your work.

BTW... mind asking around how much is the extractor? Looks $$$...
Thanks bro eohl :)
Extractor (Karcher SE4001) was RM1450 + RM100 for the upholstery cleaning nozzle (shown in the video)

WOW....just WOW....what's the age of the car again? Mighty clean and shiny now....
Haha, looks shiny but lots of scrapes here and there, going to be repainted soon. Thanks man.

Love the comic. XD
XD

is those wet shine product for cushion , roof panel,dashboard and glass sold here in ZTH?
Hi Peter, WetShine is just my website name, I don't sell any products. Those sold here is under the brand Optimum, you can visit detailien.com- Optimum Car Care Malaysia for more info on those products. Thanks!

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
This is .......speechless... interior became like new.

seech

Known Member
Jan 21, 2007
Great job and fantastic documentation as usual fishy!

12savefuel

Known Member
Dec 10, 2008
If my interior detailing skills are like my exterior skills. hai.... By the look of it your interior skills are just as good as your exterior skills.:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi,

first,thx to who r u reading this tread.....

i stay in KL and i hv 1 08 vios auto engine code is ( 1NZ-FE ) and it`s really damn slow for me because i drive civic EK b4,i decided to upgrade it and i hv a few question here,hope u all can help me or giv me some idea....

1.) can i install a set of bolt-on turbo kits for my car? cost?

2.) silver top 20v can install to my car? mounting point same? cost?

3.) what type of manual geabox can install to my vios...??? cost?

4.)...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience