"We're here to realise dreams" - BMW teases the new 1 series M coupe

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007

No one knew what it was going to be called at first, some dubbed it the M1, after the original 80's legend, but BMW decided to hold on to that name, choosing instead to sire the new car, the 1 Series M Coupe. Then the waiting began.

Now BMW has released a teaser video of the upcoming M model. Not much is known about the new Beemer except that it will sport an M badge but reports swirling around the internet suggest that the twin-turbocharged inline-six in the standard 135i will be tuned up to 335hp with all that power channeled to the tarmac via a six-speed dual-clutch manual gearbox and a torque-vectoring M rear differential. This could result in a sprint to the 100km/h mark in about 4.5-seconds. But all that's just speculation for now.

Being an M car, you can expect phenomenal handling and looks to match. Check out the official teaser video, to learn, well, not much more except that you will have to wait. However, BMW is giving you a chance for an exclusive test drive but the catch is it's only open to "German and Austrian" drivers. So to our readers there, all the best.

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,40,0" width="640" height="385"><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kG16SqUl3bE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></object></p>

Attachments

mist

Known Member
Sep 20, 2004
Visit site
for the CEO of M GmbH to have to hard sell the car's driving experience and capabilities...

M division must have lost a lot of cred thanks to the X5M/X6M, no? :burnout:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi people! i just got a new APEXi turbo timer (black limited) which comes with A/F, O2, Batt, and Timer. Everything's working fine but the A/F reading shows nothing "--.-" in the first 2-3 minutes when i start my engine. is this normal or do i need to check my airflow sensor? the engine (4G93T - Auto) is half-cut just masuk last week, need to make sure i check EVERYTHING while still within the 10 days guarantee.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience