weight transfer

aVexRikku

Feb 28, 2004
Visit site
i been wondering ... u guys been talking about weight transfer and i wanna know how does weight transfer works and how to initiate it ??

could someone explain to me please :)

dont flame me for this nooby question please

learnyee

Aug 3, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
When you go straight fast (get a wide open area, >70km/h), do a sharp cornering by turning your steering hard. Try all these accordingly:
1) Just corner, no hand brake or foot braking. You can press on your pedel as hard as you turn.
2) Do a usual cornering, brake to slow down a bit then turn
3) Right before you corner, brake hard (just step on it), release the brake and turn
4) Turn and brake hard
Step 3 is the weight transfer. You car actually transfers weight from rear to front and if you do the hand braking, LFB correctly (in corect timing and sequence), you can actually make your car still and do 360 degree turn and all kind of stuffs.
Step 4 is the usual way of people turn, brake and lose control. be careful with it.
Step 2 is the usual turning way, step 1 is my way of doing some fast turning (not sharp turning though). You can used it to test how good is your tyres grip.
BTW, be careful on the road condition when you do all these tricks, if the road is bumpy and not flat, it can send your car flying out of the road easily.

GAME_OVER

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Originally posted by MrNismo@Sep 7 2004, 03:00 PM
Try to read this.

http://phors.locost7.info/phors01.htm
mr nismo : u r not fat enaf to do the weight transfer ... u need to be a michelin man inorder to apply the technic.... umm... i know one guy is capable to do that ... sadly to say...he already retired....hehheh

glee

Known Member
Originally posted by aVexRikku@Aug 30 2004, 02:57 AM
i been wondering ... u guys been talking about weight transfer and i wanna know how does weight transfer works and how to initiate it ??

could someone explain to me please :)

dont flame me for this nooby question please
Everything you do in your car initiates weight transfer.

when you accelerate, all the weight tends to go to the back.

under braking.. all to the front...etc.

when turning into a left corner, if you are slowing down/braking into the left corner, all the weight transfers to the front/right of your car. When you accelerate out of the left corner, the weight starts to move to the rear/right.

how does that help you drift? the easiest example is lift-off oversteer.
charge into a corner going a little too fast than you usually do... and as you turn in, lift off the accelerator suddenly.. the car will nosedive into the bend, with the weight transferring to the front of the car. The rear wheels will start to lose traction, and with the momentum of the car turning into the corner, the tail will start to come out.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The weekend of 9 and 10 June 2012 will certainly satiate the appetites of car and race fanatics with what is set to be the Biggest Motorsport Event in Malaysia; the SUPER GT 2012 Round 3 Malaysia.

<!--more-->The event taking place at the Sepang International Circuit, is known as the Fastest Grand Touring Race in the world, with this round being the only...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience