weekend car for ladies

F1 Lady

May 13, 2018
Hi, I'm a frequent traveler that love to drive on long distance. I have been looking for a weekend car to cruise to my favorite spot i.e. Genting Highland to unwind myself.

Please recommend a reliable, decent coupe car with easy maintenance.

Thank you.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Reliable, easy maintenance, decent coupe, you need the Toyota GT 86.

The other one is a Lotus Elise or Exige. It's just a Toyota engine and transmission in a Lotus chassis. But its really crap for long distance. If its just a weekend car then I think its a better choice over the 86.

Anything continental won't be reliable nor easy to maintain versus the 86.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Reactions: F1 Lady

YEBWOY27

Apr 24, 2018
Kuala Lumpur
Hi, I'm a frequent traveler that love to drive on long distance. I have been looking for a weekend car to cruise to my favorite spot i.e. Genting Highland to unwind myself.

Please recommend a reliable, decent coupe car with easy maintenance.

Thank you.
I agree with the guys. Looking at your criteria id go for the GT86, Elise might be abit too spartan for constant long distance traveling. Atleast with the 86, seat adjustability wont be a problem.

Reactions: F1 Lady

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I'd stick with the Subaru BRZ or the Toyota 86 for less headache.

But instead of asking for suggestions, why not include a budget.
Subaru? Mad ah. Subaru where got resale value. Ini Malaysia ok. Must have Toyota to have resale value.

It is NOT the same thing, that's like saying Perodua Myvi is a Daihatsu Sirion, which, it is, but the geran still says Perodua.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Subaru? Mad ah. Subaru where got resale value. Ini Malaysia ok. Must have Toyota to have resale value.

It is NOT the same thing, that's like saying Perodua Myvi is a Daihatsu Sirion, which, it is, but the geran still says Perodua.
yeah well.. maybe this car-gal likes her scoobys. You'll never know! And yes I know they are different. Suspension is supposedly different already

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
yeah well.. maybe this car-gal likes her scoobys. You'll never know! And yes I know they are different. Suspension is supposedly different already
Suspension and everything should be the same actually, just different skin and badge.

YEBWOY27

Apr 24, 2018
Kuala Lumpur
GT 86 parts easy to source as Honda?
Heard its super easy. We're in asia, anything T/H easy to find hahaha.

@TS - Alternatively, Why not a MX5 Hardtop? Mazda's generally cost slightly more to maintain, but the GT86 isnt exactly a Camry, so I think it evens out. + with the Miata you get that topdown, 2 seater experience.

Reactions: 4gbanger

eadc88

May 18, 2016
Quite rare to see Miata on the road comparing 86. Maybe Miata suit lady more comparing 86.

YEBWOY27

Apr 24, 2018
Kuala Lumpur
Quite rare to see Miata on the road comparing 86. Maybe Miata suit lady more comparing 86.
Yeap, MX5 got the rare factor. If able to afford the MX5 RF even rarer, seen 2 on the road, real head turner. Plus with a conventional 2.0 setup, should be more predictable maintenance wise than a Boxer

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
If it's any consolation F1Lady appears to be an authentic poster, not some bot based on the IP address details

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

where's the fun of buying a complete car bryan. im sure ur orange supra came from a stock supra! LOL

i think the stock photos is around here somewhere, look, here it is!!

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience