Water temperature problem

kaminari

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Taiping
Thank you so much bro, you give me all the answers I need! Just to confirm 1 more time, Nismo oil pump is made of SCM430H Gear?
So from your suggestion for 450awhp+-, is worth to get a N1 oil pump(with SCM430H Gear modified) or 1 shot buy Nismo oil pump? And is the crank collar required to used?
Yup same material for NISMO gear.....It`s up to your need bro, NISMO Oil pump is 2 times expensive compare to N1 pump and almost same price wth high end pump (JUN/HKS) ....
converting the N1 also will ended same price wth NISMO oil pump.

If you looking at 450HP within <8000RPM (street driving) N1 Oil pump will be enough already.

For serious sports/race driving or durability term beyond >8000RPM Redline
with minimal modifying, then get the NISMO Oil pump. But you will have a LIMIT there.

Collar not necessary for R34 (or Model above BNR32 Kouki VSpec)

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
Kaminari, great writeup!! :adore::adore:

Yes, I think Nismo realised the weakness of the gear material, from the forums I saw some pics analysing the gear material and they found weakspot where it was easy to break, after so many engines died due to N1.

So they produced uprated pump drive gears that solved the problem.

One more thing to add, Tomei claim nobody has ever broken their oilpump. All the other brands have been broken before.

So that's why Tomei is quite a bit higher in price.

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
Yup same material for NISMO gear.....It`s up to your need bro, NISMO Oil pump is 2 times expensive compare to N1 pump and almost same price wth high end pump (JUN/HKS) ....
converting the N1 also will ended same price wth NISMO oil pump.

If you looking at 450HP within <8000RPM (street driving) N1 Oil pump will be enough already.

For serious sports/race driving or durability term beyond >8000RPM Redline
with minimal modifying, then get the NISMO Oil pump. But you will have a LIMIT there.

Collar not necessary for R34 (or Model above BNR32 Kouki VSpec)
Bro, your "450HP" is on wheel or engine? Since Nismo is using SCM430H gear, and the cost is almost same with "converted N1 oil pump", I'll take Nismo oil pump and baffle plate into my future mod list. There are few things I plan to install to hold 450whp, can you pls check for me if anyone is not up to rate?
-N1 water pump
-Nismo oil pump, oil baffle
-600cc top feed injector
-upgrade my coil plug(splitfire/OKD)
-ATI damper
-tomei poncam type B
-pair garrett gt2860-5

With this turbo setup, I think it can run more than 450whp, but I worry it will reduce my engine life, therefore I'll more concern on "support part" of cooling, fueling and oiling system. Wish can get your suggestion ^_^ Thanks bro~

---------- Post added at 12:51 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

Kaminari, great writeup!! :adore::adore:

Yes, I think Nismo realised the weakness of the gear material, from the forums I saw some pics analysing the gear material and they found weakspot where it was easy to break, after so many engines died due to N1.

So they produced uprated pump drive gears that solved the problem.

One more thing to add, Tomei claim nobody has ever broken their oilpump. All the other brands have been broken before.

So that's why Tomei is quite a bit higher in price.
Tomei is the best oil pump to me but it need bigger sump, oil-restrictor, baffle and it cost quite a lot to me /_\ And you need a well skill welder as well, otherwise will be a nightmare to me..... I don't know others gtr owner same like me or not, I always over worry my car -_- Even my mechanic say me like this, LOL~

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
Well, in the event the welder mess up your oil sump, I've got a spare one around; with the diff as well. :biggrin:

kaminari

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Taiping
Bro, your "450HP" is on wheel or engine? Since Nismo is using SCM430H gear, and the cost is almost same with "converted N1 oil pump", I'll take Nismo oil pump and baffle plate into my future mod list. There are few things I plan to install to hold 450whp, can you pls check for me if anyone is not up to rate?
-N1 water pump
-Nismo oil pump, oil baffle
-600cc top feed injector
-upgrade my coil plug(splitfire/OKD)
-ATI damper
-tomei poncam type B
-pair garrett gt2860-5

With this turbo setup, I think it can run more than 450whp, but I worry it will reduce my engine life, therefore I'll more concern on "support part" of cooling, fueling and oiling system. Wish can get your suggestion ^_^ Thanks bro~
I would say that is on engine HP. If you looking at 450WHP ....for GTR34 to get this 450 All wheel HP, engine will need to churn out almost est 600HP!

The list is fine but i`m sure you will not forget abt below parts too:

1) Metal Headgasket
2) Bigger Fuel Pump with regulator (>270L/H)
3) Racing clutch to withstand 600HP (Twin?)
4) ECU with tuning

-600cc top feed injector
*this item almost 100% cycle for that kind of power but still can support

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
I would say that is on engine HP. If you looking at 450WHP ....for GTR34 to get this 450 All wheel HP, engine will need to churn out almost est 600HP!

The list is fine but i`m sure you will not forget abt below parts too:

1) Metal Headgasket
2) Bigger Fuel Pump with regulator (>270L/H)
3) Racing clutch to withstand 600HP (Twin?)
4) ECU with tuning

-600cc top feed injector
*this item almost 100% cycle for that kind of power but still can support
Metal gasket.... Mean the best timing to upgrAde is when engine is take out for overhaul. Arg.... I just change my fuel pump few months ago, is walbro 255l/hr, need to change again -_-. ya, my car is running a twin clutch n f con ecu.

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
just so happens I have some 700cc injectors for sale soon :santaclaus:

MrNismo

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
It's not recommended to extend your sump especially on Malaysia roads. You'll have a risky clearance. If the car is only used for racing, yes. Road use, no.

You can run a high flow oil pump without sump extension. However, you'll need oil restrictors, especially on the block, so that the head don't get flooded (ie lots of blow-bys) and the sump don't get dry. For turbos, it's not necessary.

Walbro pumps are a cheap and good deal but they don't last as the HKS/NISMO 280lph unit does, and there are a lot of fakes out there.

Maybe this can be a reference to you since my car has almost the same setup:
- HKS oil pump/N1 water pump/Tomei baffle/Tomei oil restrictor
- GT-SS/HKS 264cams step2/F-Con V Pro
- HKS 280lph fuel pump
- HKS GD Pro twin plate clutch
- 680cc top feed

Car is dynoed with 560awhp with octane booster and 1.6bar of boost with injectors at 95% duty cycle.

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
It's not recommended to extend your sump especially on Malaysia roads. You'll have a risky clearance. If the car is only used for racing, yes. Road use, no.

You can run a high flow oil pump without sump extension. However, you'll need oil restrictors, especially on the block, so that the head don't get flooded (ie lots of blow-bys) and the sump don't get dry. For turbos, it's not necessary.

Walbro pumps are a cheap and good deal but they don't last as the HKS/NISMO 280lph unit does, and there are a lot of fakes out there.

- HKS 280lph fuel pump
- 680cc top feed

Car is dynoed with 560awhp with octane booster and 1.6bar of boost with injectors at 95% duty cycle.
Wow! Nice setup....:adore:

I heard some turbos have inbuilt oil restrictor (most HKS twins) but other turbos don't (eg Garrett singles). 1 forum member in UK ruined 2 Garrett T04Z turbos in 2 weeks, the cause was the oil was too thin and oil pressure too strong. So just watch out.

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009

- HKS 280lph fuel pump
- 680cc top feed

Mr.Nismo, I love your setup! But I still worry about the high flow oil pump, just a oil restrictor can prevent the sump to dry? How about Nismo oil pump, do it need oil restrictor too? For what I knew, nismo is between N1 and Tomei oil pump, which noT required extend sump and oil restrictor, pls correct me if I'm wrong. I'll change my fuel pump to 280l/hr soon, slowly change all the "support component" before throw in a new turbo.

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site

- HKS 280lph fuel pump
- 680cc top feed

Mmmmm... The setup that I'm aspiring for..

How's the GD Pro Twin bro? Had a GD Pro in my 180 and it was a bitch to drive.. I'm currently using OS Giken..

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
HKS twin plate clutch is only for heavy leg or "shaolin kam kong" leg people to use, hehehe:-) Had read many forums, you will place yourself in nightmare if traffic jam. :biggrin:

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2008
HKS twin plate clutch is only for heavy leg or "shaolin kam kong" leg people to use, hehehe:-) Had read many forums, you will place yourself in nightmare if traffic jam. :biggrin:
Try Ogura twin plate......you gonna love it..kaacchiinnnggg!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

You have to tip your hat to the boys from Munich when it comes to catchy marketing schemes that just make you want to dig deeper. So it’s so surprise that their latest ploy has even come with a warning to blog about a twisted model that’s twisted from the steel of the 6 Series...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience