Water sipping in !

ong

Known Member
Feb 16, 2004
Hi guys !

Wanted to know if you guys had any problem with water dripping in at the boot there ? I've got a pool of water now with the spare tyre virtually swimming
i guess this maybe a common problem because i used have this back then with a wira. I remember there's a drain nut but i couldn't find it in the gti just now. So do you guys know where it is ? And if you guys know the common area that rain water may have sipped through ah ?

2nd Q, how to lower down the seat rail ah ?

3rd Q, where to get vented hood ?

hehe, i hope you guys don't mind the questions :_:

ruff36

Nov 16, 2006
Shah Alam
Yaaa..im oso facing this kinda problm..since frm my very 1st M'sia make car
n now my wif my wira..After seal back the double sided tape (gap)
btween the rear brake light n oso seal back the rubber (the one cover ur rear bonet trunk) wif sealant..problm solved..Pheww..i m nearly want to put 'flower-horn'
fish inside..Portable Aquarium mannn...natural water!

tonytony

Known Member
Apr 11, 2004
i've also had that problem..what i did:

1. Find the lowest point in the flooded area (water always find lowest point)
2. Drill small holes for water to run out (also applies to areas where there's potholes)
3. Remember to use sandpaper to sand off all rust and spray anti-rust chemical all over the place

WALA, problem solved ! water will still come in but i'll run out of the car, hence no stagnant water to cause rust

Zgood luck !

blitzs360

Known Member
Jan 18, 2007
well based on my experience if ur not involved in an accident, it could/must be the rubber seal on the boot.
1. try take the seal out, use plier to reduce the gap on the seal and then put it
back.
2. then pour water on ur car ( alot) with ur tailgate close. open tailgate then check with patience if got any water coming in, if got repeat 1st process.

kevinn7

Feb 28, 2005
Haiihhh today also I checked and there was water in the boot. I also noticed the carpet at the front passenger side and back right(behind driver) wet. Damn screwed. Then I took out the tyre and I saw some round thing which just came out. I think there should be a rubber between the round thing and the floor of the tyre compartment.

I then moved to the carpet behind the driver and noticed that there is a rubber. Pulled it out and I found that I could see the road through the floor. Called my mechanic and he said its a normal problem in Satrias (considering the fact that mine is 10 yrs old). He said to change it should be about 50 bucks or less in total as he himself is not sure cz its a Sunday and spare parts shop is closed.

Any advice?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello,

Planning to change my current battery to the 'RECHARGEABLE' type ..
Would like to know what is the advantage of changing to this type.

And what brand should I choose? price should be around RM 150 - 200 right .., pls point out some brands that are commonly choose by consumer. :rolleyes:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience