wat is the right size for sgti piping

gggti

Known Member
Apr 1, 2005
n/a
Currently,my gti is in all ori condition,which means 1 catalytic,2 center box (first one big,second one small),then to the twin tail pipe muffler.
so i m planning to remove the catalytic(then replace by one silencer) n the 2 center box,wat diameter should i use for piping,some say 2 inch good but more fuel consumption,some say 1.75 inch good n less fuel,i really blur.N also wats the piping size is normally use in track?

If i wan to change the muffler,is the oval type better or the N-1 type better.

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR UR PROFESSIONAL ADVICE.I M SICK OF THOSE PUBLIC ADVICE.

gggti

Known Member
Apr 1, 2005
n/a
haloooooooooooooooo. Powerzone , r u there?
OR anyone can guide me,public advice also never mind la,as long as i hear from u guysss.

MILLION APPRECIATE OF UR VIEW.

Powerzone

Known Member
Feb 1, 2005
Visit site
Sorry guys, my apologies, been too busy to read this forum.

OK, for your standard GTi, piping should be not more than 1.8" or 46mm internal diameter, but your rear silencer needs replacement, preferably with a S-type buffle plate design (oval box).

Good luck.

P/S: Track cars may need bigger pipes if the engine has been modified, size depends on cam profile, and max. power and rpm.

V8_nutter

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
gggti said:
Currently,my gti is in all ori condition,which means 1 catalytic,2 center box (first one big,second one small),then to the twin tail pipe muffler.
so i m planning to remove the catalytic(then replace by one silencer) n the 2 center box,wat diameter should i use for piping,some say 2 inch good but more fuel consumption,some say 1.75 inch good n less fuel,i really blur.N also wats the piping size is normally use in track?

If i wan to change the muffler,is the oval type better or the N-1 type better.

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR UR PROFESSIONAL ADVICE.I M SICK OF THOSE PUBLIC ADVICE.
Dont mess with piping la fren, just throw away the SGTI stock extractor (the design is really bad) and cat converter. Buy a Speedworks or Powerzone xtractor, and wallah guarantee free horsepower.

gggti

Known Member
Apr 1, 2005
n/a
Halo powerzone, so nice to hear from u ,for S-type muffler,

what brand do u recoment,is hot bits one good enough.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

Anyone have experience using D&D Twin Plate Clutch? Planning to use them on by 4G67. Not for daily drive. Feedback is greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

:driver::driver::driver:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience