wat is AFC arr

flamefox850

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Pasir Mas
www.geocities.com
it convert the signal from map sensor to ecu lah.
if map sensor read 0.8bar then u add +20% on safc then gives at around 0.96bar...then ecu order the injector to inject more fuel to support 0.96bar of what it sees from safc

the figure is not accurate..only my assumption

aiM

500 RPM
Feb 2, 2005
Johor Bahru
www.geocities.com
just say it we can tune the air and fuel like carb. because fuel injector cant be tune like carb without a proper tools. or in the other words, save fuel, more power, bla bla bla.. see who setting lah hehehe

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
Originally posted by flamefox850@Feb 8 2005, 23:35
it convert the signal from map sensor to ecu lah.
if map sensor read 0.8bar then u add +20% on safc then gives at around 0.96bar...then ecu order the injector to inject more fuel to support 0.96bar of what it sees from safc
then wouldn't the O2 sensor sense the rich misture and re-direct the ECU to cut the fuel (by increasing the duty cycle of the injectors) during close-loop operation?

if so, then AFC is useful only during ecceleration but not cruising.

correct me if i am wrong.

Let's assume that i am right. Wouldn't an adjustable FPR (at much lower price) do the same job?

flamefox850

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Pasir Mas
www.geocities.com
hmm O2 sensor or ext temp sensor gives signal to ecu..when got rich signal..it told ecu to lean it...but it only TRIM it i think..trim then only little precentage only. so, if u adjust the safc into too rich..then O2 sensor cannot told the ecu to lean it too much until it going into STOICH mode. this is what i think...expert pls gives out comment

if the O2 can really2 help ecu to get stoich mode..then no need safc or other fuel management right ? B)

p/s: adj fuel regulator only adjust the fuel pressure..and fuel pressure increase as boost increase too...so if u adjust so high..u got rich mode in all rpm..be it at idle or high rpm or high boost

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
Originally posted by flamefox850@Feb 15 2005, 00:17
hmm O2 sensor or ext temp sensor gives signal to ecu..when got rich signal..it told ecu to lean it...but it only TRIM it i think..trim then only little precentage only. so, if u adjust the safc into too rich..then O2 sensor cannot told the ecu to lean it too much until it going into STOICH mode. this is what i think...expert pls gives out comment

if the O2 can really2 help ecu to get stoich mode..then no need safc or other fuel management right ? B)

p/s: adj fuel regulator only adjust the fuel pressure..and fuel pressure increase as boost increase too...so if u adjust so high..u got rich mode in all rpm..be it at idle or high rpm or high boost
normally the compensation rate from the O2 sensor is about 10%. Meaning the ECU is able to increase or decease the fuel feed by 10% from the MAP setting. If AFC adjusted it too high then the ECU will not be able to adjust the feed.

A-FPR.. hmm yes you are right. But remember there is this little O2 sensor that do the trick. At idling or cruising at part throttle, the engine is governed by close-loop operation. So no worries or lean or rich IF the fuel pressure isn't too high. Only when the engine is eccelerating, the mixture will become rich.

Alternatively, one may try rising rate FPR (RRFPR) or sometimes called FMS (fuel management system).

gunter

Known Member
Jun 11, 2004
Good gadget to have.. it actually gave me good FC.. and increased hp's.. but need to be coupled with other mods to gain full advantage of this device.. cheers..

taqu

Known Member
Dec 17, 2004
Visit site
AFC works by intercepting airflow signal from engine, modifies it, then sends the modified signal to ECU. ECU, upon seeing the modified airflow signal, will "think" actual airflow is higher or lower, then it will lookup into different location inside its fuel map. I guess Proton or most other stock ECU have airflow data lookup values for upto 50% higher than regular fuelling requirement, that's why AFC works. Go above 50%, the stock ECU might go crazy coz those "altered" airflow signal may no longer exists inside its fuel map. So AFC is a good solution if ur modifications doesn't require u to increase fuel over 40%.

I wonder if someone can do this thing the other way around, instead of modifying airflow signal from AFM/MAF/MAP sensor to ECU, why not modify injector timing from ECU to injector? That could give much wider tuning range than 50%.

TE27levin

Known Member
Nov 23, 2003
Visit site
but the stupid S-AFC will bring dis advantage to 2 bar MAP sensored car.

when ur turbo boost 0.8bar u increase SAFC to 20% richer then ecu will cut off the fuel supply because it reach the 1bar boost cut. LOL!!!

stroker_kit

Known Member
Jan 7, 2004
thats when an FCD(fuel cut defencer) comes in handy... mods just doesnt come cheap nowadays... :(

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello,

We are providing car cushion cleaning and also interior detailing service.

Our services

(CAR,MPV,SUV,BUS,VAN & Etc.)
-Cushion
-Floor Carpet
-Door panel
-Roof carpet
-interior polish

(Home & Office)
-Cushion
-Sofa Sets
-Carpet

Within appropriate hours, your interior will be fresh and cleaned. Most of the items above will be washed using an Upholstery cleaning Machines and its 90% bacterial free.

special price will be given to zerotohundred.com members...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience