wat about Canon PS A80

bryan90s

500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
planning to get one...the 270 deg rotate lcd is nice...

comment? <_<

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
good choice i think, if u take your own picture you can actually see properly before you snap .. good choice B) , i'm using the a70 :P

sterling^moss

Known Member
Dec 18, 2003
Malacca
Visit site
great camera! compact yet powerful. only a few minor flaw

-1.5" LCD is a bit stingy, but smaller LCD size reduces power consumption

-uses AA batteries. from previous experience. a grand daddy minolta digicam. AA batteries cannot last very long. so need to invest quite a sum for a few sets. but then again. mine was a grand daddy digicam.

-upgrading problems. if u're an enthusiast. then u might have to fork out a sum of $$ to buy an adapter b4 u can attach any lens/filter (eg wide angle lens, tele lens, UV filter, ND filter etc. ) on yr camera. i dunno how much is the adapter, but expect it at least > RM 100

-max aperature only at f 2.8. so should think twice abt it if u like to play with the depth of field

-no hot shoe for external flash. so u can only rely on the built in flash. external flash can yield better exposed shot with bouncing technique

- the protruding lens might take a bit of time while starting up/ shutting down the camera. and also need to take xtra care, try not to swing/shake the camera while the lens is out.

these are just minor ones. but the camera rewards u with high quailty pics, very detailed for its class @ a price other brands kenot beat! esp Sony :angry:

the camera itself is worth to mention oso, solidly built. a combination of metal & plastic keeps the weight of the camera down.

but nothing beats a hands on approach. if u happen to have any fren using this camera. pinjam & use it 4 a few days.

just my humble opinions. i'm a newbie in photography :)

devil

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
A friend of mine bought this camera..
She say this camera got Digital SLR type of feature ...

Me being a newbie... dunno wat's the different of SLR.. hehe!

Wondering anyone care to explain a bit ah .. hehehe

sterling^moss

Known Member
Dec 18, 2003
Malacca
Visit site
heavy ar?? quite ok for its klass la. G5 is way lot heavier than a80. both have almost same features. just tat G5 is a 5 MP digicam

Booost

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
but wat bout ixus400 or v3??? compare to A80! can anyone enlighten me? :( i dunno much bout cameras!! but planning to get either A80 or ixus400

bryan90s

500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
i choose A80 is becoz of the rotating lcd screen...u knw sometime is very hard to ask ppl take photo for u especially when u r going out with alone or with gf

btw wat camera has this feature too

sterling^moss

Known Member
Dec 18, 2003
Malacca
Visit site
Originally posted by bryan90s@Feb 13 2004, 11:25 AM
i choose A80 is becoz of the rotating lcd screen...u knw sometime is very hard to ask ppl take photo for u especially when u r going out with alone or with gf

btw wat camera has this feature too
rotating LCD? a lot mate. canon powershot G4 & G5. nikon coolpix 8700. minolta dimage A1. all are high end cameras. so...a bit pricey. i'm not very sure how much. but should be well over $3k. the cheapest here is G5. $2.5k+ with free gifts.

try using a tripod + timer. tat should help to take better pics rather than rotating the LCD screen.

but wat bout ixus400 or v3??? compare to A80! can anyone enlighten me?  i dunno much bout cameras!! but planning to get either A80 or ixus400
ixus 400 is more to point & shoot cameras. less manual functions for u to play with. so if u're into photography. A80 would be a better choice. as 4 those who's gonna buy a new digicam. try to wait 4 a few months. coz a lot of cameras are rolling out soon. like canon powershot S1 pro, ixus 410, a75 etc..sony oso got a few models take a look here

canon

sony

booost, change to black supra aledi?? joined blackie's gang ar? :rolleyes:

Booost

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
ehhee.....moss, u oso changed to AR already ar?? ekeek..nice pics!! where to get it? PM me!!
sorry OT :$

hhhm....ixus410...must be quite xpnesive then!! but ill wait n see...:P

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

HI,

any one tried before water injection ?........

where can the high pressure pump, not fuel pump...
and the nozzle,,,,

where can get in malaysia, hm i saw those fan have spray bubble water too but where to get the thing ?.........
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience