Wastegate Explained.

pampersdry

Known Member
Nov 13, 2009
pahang
Nov bocor the boost will fluctuate abit. Ur rvr auto or mannual?
mine rvr manual cifuu.....:bawling:....help2....dont know why....my friend told me to check the bov hose...i already checked and everything ok.... clutch plate can cause this damm sempot also ka?

*** sorry mood out of topic for a while

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
mine rvr manual cifuu.....:bawling:....help2....dont know why....my friend told me to check the bov hose...i already checked and everything ok.... clutch plate can cause this damm sempot also ka?

*** sorry mood out of topic for a while
When u say semput. How did the things happen. More detail pls...

If bov hose loose, u'll have a lot of compressor surges everytime u release the throttle after boost. Sounds like tss... TSS... TSS...

if bov leaks, boost MIGHT fluctuate or got boost, but dun feel power. Or engine stall when clutch. What bov u using.

If clutch slipping, rpm go up, speed don't.

Which case u?

pampersdry

Known Member
Nov 13, 2009
pahang
When u say semput. How did the things happen. More detail pls...

If bov hose loose, u'll have a lot of compressor surges everytime u release the throttle after boost. Sounds like tss... TSS... TSS...

if bov leaks, boost MIGHT fluctuate or got boost, but dun feel power. Or engine stall when clutch. What bov u using.

If clutch slipping, rpm go up, speed don't.

Which case u?
this one -
"if bov leaks, boost MIGHT fluctuate or got boost, but dun feel power. Or engine stall when clutch. What bov u using"

got boost but don feel power....huhuhuh...im using HKS II bov...ori not replica :listen:

wasteg4te

Known Member
Sep 22, 2005
jb
just confuse about fake and original wastegate.
how to compare between fake and original Tial wastegate?
and what about the price? how much the original TIAL wastegate 38mm?

kanan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2005
KL
price original around 800 per pc compared to imitation around 350 per pc.

For twin turbo, what can be the bad things if you have one wastegate open at 0.7bar and another one open slightly higher or slightly lower say 0.8bar or 0.6bar? we still can achieve steady boost right at the throttle body?

wasteg4te

Known Member
Sep 22, 2005
jb
im facing problem
just installed new wastegate tial 38mm 0.7bar
coz my boost drop due to actuator lembik
now the problem is my car not responsive well.
a little bit lack of power, boost increase quite slow.
senang cakap, lembik la. tak power.. perfomance drop.

fyi im running sr20det stock.

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
price original around 800 per pc compared to imitation around 350 per pc.

For twin turbo, what can be the bad things if you have one wastegate open at 0.7bar and another one open slightly higher or slightly lower say 0.8bar or 0.6bar? we still can achieve steady boost right at the throttle body?
U'll still achieve a constant boost. But, the 3 cylinder that runs on the higher setting wastegate will have to hard. And the pressure on the manifold of these 3 cylinder will be higher. Thus, u accelerate the wear and tear of the 3 cylinders that are working harder...

And also, There are possibility due to higher boost set up on say block A, the exhaust that is released through the wastegate at block A will be lower than the wastegate at block B. Thuse, the exhaust that is channelled to the down pipe A will be higher than B. There could be possibility of exhaust from block A kicking into the downpipe of exhaust B.

Prepare for circumstances.

im facing problem

There could be leakage on the installation.

What's the color of the spring...?

Start the engine, try put the hands at the wastegate outlet during the iddling. by right, should not be having exhaust.

wasteg4te

Known Member
Sep 22, 2005
jb
im facing problem

problem solved...
human error, forgot to connect some hose..

KRZ8v

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Aug 31, 2009
KL/Subang Jaya
Hi there, I got a few question bout WG. Recently I've juz replace my turbine housing/center housing/backside if I m not mistaken, from VR4 to Evo3 housing but I m still using the same VR4 compressor/front housing n fin. Bcuz my old VR4 housing got a big and long crack @ the actuator flap which causing a leak.

Rite now, the Evo3 actuator gate and flap have been welded together by the old owner which mean I got no choice but to use a ext WG. I m totally noob in WG stuffs, but I do know how it works... @ certain pressure it will open up and release the excess pressure to prevent overboost. But I m kinda confuse wit the size, I dunno wat size to get for my emgine setup. I've read bout the "Turbo size+Boost pressure=WG size" la... But I m not too sure bout it. Since my last setup wuz a disaster, so I m planning to stick wit 1bar of boost only. My question is:

1~Wat size suitable for my setup???
2~Is a Wastegate adjustable or is there such thing?
3~Any specific place to mount my WG since I m still on oem VR4 cast iron manifold

My engine setup is:
1.6T
TD05H VR4
Exhaust (juz incase) 2" piping, straight bullet 2", Straight Flow muffler 2.5" in and 5" out.
Evrything else is stock as how it is...

Thanks

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Hi there, I got a few question bout WG. Recently I've juz replace my turbine housing/center housing/backside if I m not mistaken, from VR4 to Evo3 housing but I m still using the same VR4 compressor/front housing n fin. Bcuz my old VR4 housing got a big and long crack @ the actuator flap which causing a leak.

Rite now, the Evo3 actuator gate and flap have been welded together by the old owner which mean I got no choice but to use a ext WG. I m totally noob in WG stuffs, but I do know how it works... @ certain pressure it will open up and release the excess pressure to prevent overboost. But I m kinda confuse wit the size, I dunno wat size to get for my emgine setup. I've read bout the "Turbo size+Boost pressure=WG size" la... But I m not too sure bout it. Since my last setup wuz a disaster, so I m planning to stick wit 1bar of boost only. My question is:

1~Wat size suitable for my setup???
2~Is a Wastegate adjustable or is there such thing?
3~Any specific place to mount my WG since I m still on oem VR4 cast iron manifold

My engine setup is:
1.6T
TD05H VR4
Exhaust (juz incase) 2" piping, straight bullet 2", Straight Flow muffler 2.5" in and 5" out.
Evrything else is stock as how it is...

Thanks
Well, it works the same way like ur internal wastegate. At low boost, the wastegate releases more exhaust gasses, at high boost, the exhaust gas is used to turn the turbine remaining less exhaust to exit through the wastegate.

However, due to the price difference of 38mm and 44/45mm wastegate, most of the ppl will get a 38mm. They'll work fine.

The best place to mount ur wastegate is where the stock internal flap is. Get the flap removed buy a customize flange with 2 holes. 1 hole foe turbine exducer and 1 hole for wastegate. Extend the hole for wastegat. With a 1 1/2" schedule 10 pipe and mount ur wastegate there. Remember to port the hole on the turbine housing to 38mm to suit ur wastegate. If u doesn't like the noise of the wastegate, u may vent to wastegate outlet back into the downpipe.

An alternative location would be removing the flap on ur manifold outlet and mount the wastegate at the centre of the hole with the wastegate inlet pipe on top of the manifold. Please make sure the fabricator knock off all the welding flux and left overs COMPLETELY. If not handle propey, it may comes out later and damage ur turbine fin later.

I have mine mounted between runner 1 n 2. But I bored a 38mm hole, shape the manifod flat at the place where I mount my wastegate, then weld the wastegate flange on the flat surface. My welding is only at the top of the manifold.

Hope it helps.

rakesh_v6

Mar 31, 2006
KL
speed2horizon, would like to ask u a silly question

what are the differences can be found between turbosmart and tial wastegate

much appreciated

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My ride ride wira 1.6.
When i drive through the uneven road.
it has the sound like hitting on the car 'king kong king kong', don have the squeaky sound.
Can any one tell me whats is causing the sound?
and also the cost to repair it. thanks.:adore:

tried other wira, not prob. ONLY mine.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience