was there any rules for HID light and glass tinted

bryan

Known Member
Apr 9, 2005
Johor Bahru
Visit site
i currently install HID light 6000k to my car..... and my window are all tinted with 70% black colour...... wanna check from forumer here..is there any rules on these two things..... will i be fine if stop by police or maybe your guys can give me more info wat will happen.....

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
ur HID needs to be inspected and be given approval.

and erm...i think ur tinting might cause some trouble.if im not mistaken...the limit was at 50%/60%

bryan

Known Member
Apr 9, 2005
Johor Bahru
Visit site
Fluffy said:
ur HID needs to be inspected and be given approval.

and erm...i think ur tinting might cause some trouble.if im not mistaken...the limit was at 50%/60%
can i noe where can inspect in jb ...

bryan90s

500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
my friend just kena on a saturday nite.

Police block infront of Orange club. After the casual "ada minum" question, straight was told to go the side. obviously his car window is too dark.

2 choices were given.

-Tow back to balai (where a more formal examination using device will be conduct)
OR
- You Know i know la.

result: poorer by hundred ringgit

wuzzles

Known Member
Dec 1, 2003
bryan said:
i currently install HID light 6000k to my car..... and my window are all tinted with 70% black colour...... wanna check from forumer here..is there any rules on these two things..... will i be fine if stop by police or maybe your guys can give me more info wat will happen.....

the rule is 70% light penetration (or 30% tinting) for the front, 50% sides.. anything more.. u breaking the law. U can refer to the Bahasa Malaysia version at www.jpj.gov.my

as for HID, simple - if your car model doesn't come already stock with HID, installing it is... your guess it.. is illegal. So if you are driving a malaysia made car with HID, u a sitting duck at jpj roadblock. If officer bad mood, you're at his mercy. other types of car.. u might be able to wiggle yourself out. And it doesn't even matter if u using 4k or less. and that goes for white bulbs too... got this info first hand when i called the "bahagian teknical" sometime back for some other info....

hope this helps...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Selamat hari raya
after a long break celebration, its quite an adjustment back to the norms, my buddy whom a car crazy & loves cars, expressed his intention of learning to maintaining his own white ride & pick up some DIY car detailing tricks of the trade

in the course of meeting, we inspects his ride, paint condition - (2 months old, only wash twice by the service center as he knew the tragic ending of prolong road side car wash)...after following my blogs for months, he is well informed &...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience