Warning-Grandpire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawke

Known Member
Sep 3, 2004
For those of you who wanna go to Grandpire to do up your car, just a bit of advice :

1) Deal with the same person all the time
2) If the person is not there don't bother going into the shop
3) Get them to write down EVERYTHING they agreed to do for you in DETAIL
4) Add the words "and do everything necessary to repair and install the parts properly onto the car"

Think this is too much? Then listen on...

I brought my car to them to repair and fix a bumper and sideskirts.

Spoke to Rupert/Rubert (whatever) and after seeing the bumper said no problem, it would cost RM... to repair the bumper and fit the skirts (which I did not bring) and bumper and I paid in full. He wrote down in detail that they were to fix the bumper and fit the skirts in the receipt.

I left my bumper there and brought the skirts the next week as I was busy.

The bosses were not in the shop and I asked the employees to start work first. Just so happened, I forgot to bring the receipt and the workers refused to do any work.

In the end, we found it in the office so they started work on the car. Bumper was already repaired but it was poorly done. They cemented over the details of the bumper and made it look uneven. I didn't complain.

They replaced the wire mesh for the main hole of the bumper but left the old rusted ones in the side holes. When I asked for them to replace the mesh for the tiny holes, one of the workers actually said boss said only big hole replace. (Why the f4ck were they making it so difficult in the first place when I couldn't show the receipt to do work if the worker already knew they were supposed to work on my car?)

I called Rupert but handphone was off so I called the William who said no problem. Passed the phone to the worker who looked like he thought I was bluffing. After that, they agreed to replace the mesh.

After that, I took out the skirts which was broken at one end which I thought no problem as they were going to have to lengthen it as I was trying to fit a two door skirt to a four door car.

That's when the sh1t hit the fan. Everything tak boleh. So I called the partners again. This time, Williams handphone was also off so I got Colin. I was already furious so I asked him why is everything so hard with the workers. Everything also cannot. If they really don't want to work, just give me back my money.

He said he was on the way. He finally reached and came in. I was very polite and even shook his hand. He looked at the skirt and said I'll return you your money. It's a lot of work.

So I asked him how much to get it done. He said expensivelah, a lot of work. Didn't even offer a price, just assume I couldn't afford. So I asked again and he said RM... I thought about it for a moment and he just said I'll return you your moneylah, I don't want to do it.

He got the workers to put in the poorly repaired bumper and gave me back my money. I had to load my stuff back into my car by myself.

I drove to another shop in USJ (which I just found out in the morning did body kits) and halfway there, the mudflap behind my headlamp fell off. The 1d1ots didn't even fit the thing properly and it dragged on the floor.

Conclusion : If you are thinking of doing your body kit? Don't go there! If you still want to do it there? Follow the above rules. At least you may not be put through such a terrible nightmare I had to go through.

My friends warned me to be careful as they may come and scratch my car, etc. but think better that I tell my story than let others suffer.

PetrolHeaD

500 RPM
Dec 15, 2003
all the fibreglass dust must be clogging their arteries which pump blood to their brains.

Hawke

Known Member
Sep 3, 2004
PetrolHeaD said:
all the fibreglass dust must be clogging their arteries which pump blood to their brains.
lol!!! Thanks for the support...

devious17

Nov 18, 2003
Kay Ell
actually, it's the 3rd or 4th time for Grandpire edi ......check previous posting on grandpire.

Last edited:

xcheong

1,500 RPM
Mar 6, 2004
Visit site
hmm.... does all shops in sunway once they got famous, then they'll treat their customer badly because their'll customer not driving a flashy car??

differ

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Petaling Jaya
danielczh.multiply.com
it's not just sunway, it is everywhere. typical chibai malaysian attitude.

even the coffeeshop in my office area is like that.

when they first started, wah, the boss damn nice. everytime you finish, he will come over and say, "nice or not the food, please come again and support k."

6 months down the road, business already booming. the other day i asked him whether got fried-rice or not for lunch. the fella shouted, "don't have don't have don't have, you want to eat just eat what's on the zhap-fan counter. if not go."

knn cb hongkan fucker. now everyday i walk pass that shop, i curse that it will go bankrupt.

white_bird

500 RPM
Jul 9, 2005
puchong
sunway area is like tht 1 la.. damn fed up with them.. but luckily still got some shops quite frenly..

wenshen

1,000 RPM
Jul 24, 2004
PEEjay
driftneyland.blogspot.com
aiiyoyo... grandpire forever get flaming eh?

the William Collin broS look friendly enough to me.. but the place not as flashy as daiichi la... i guess there's the main factor of the price diff...

hmmm... still considering to mod bodykit...

Hawke

Known Member
Sep 3, 2004
got my kit done in usj. guy is really nice and very accomodating in customization. got paintwork done in puchong. extremely happy with the results :D

NiCkY7

500 RPM
Dec 27, 2003
Visit site
Hawke said:
got my kit done in usj. guy is really nice and very accomodating in customization. got paintwork done in puchong. extremely happy with the results :D
can customize to my design 1? :D

Hawke

Known Member
Sep 3, 2004
NiCkY7 said:
can customize to my design 1? :D
Yes. Own design is available. PM me if interested :)

waja3348

Known Member
Apr 29, 2005
Kota Damansara
so.. the rumors i heard are true.. will never, ever go to that f**king shop. will warn my friend regarding this.

i'll share 1 experience with u all. a friend of mine did install promote bodykit to his car (satria 1.3 only). after the installation done, get back home, all of us rush to see. all of us complaint " y the workmanship so lousy?" the answer he gave us is...

"low cost car = low workmanship & vice-versa"

DAMN...

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
After buying the item, i would usually head straight to paint shop. Their workmanship is much better than bodykit shop, no joke!

You don't drill holes and attach first. They will first use putty to double check see whether the surface is smooth or not.

Hawke

Known Member
Sep 3, 2004
simplythebest said:
After buying the item, i would usually head straight to paint shop. Their workmanship is much better than bodykit shop, no joke!

You don't drill holes and attach first. They will first use putty to double check see whether the surface is smooth or not.
Agreed but what happens when the body kit shop needs to customize your bumper/skirts and puttys over the designs? The paint shop also cannot help if the design has been covered...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Another GTR crashes on Jalan Ampang. This time, it's said to be a Bangladeshi car jockey who probably thought the GTR's really fail proof. Sad to say, it's not exactly dummy...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience