wanted to join to enjoy the ride

yn_hell

Known Member
Jul 27, 2005
Petaling Jaya
under 40k for a turbo....
if NA, i think the market price is ard 32k..

Bump: hope its not too unreasonable.. i do understand some mod up really nice wan will definitely cost more than 40k (like chlai's or alvin's car..)

tom's

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
subang
www.zerotohundred.com
coz 1 spend more than 40K to mod it to be as it is......u hav to standby at least 10k for repair n maintainance to get it to be good condition and this doesn't include fitting aftermarket parts on it.....this is wat i gone thru b4.....hahaha

yn_hell

Known Member
Jul 27, 2005
Petaling Jaya
i understand that.... thats why i am looking at NA....
at least i can do it up bit by bit...
not that rich.. so cant afford that vomit out so much money,
so have to do step by step.. bit by bit...
i do want to ask, as you said. 10k to "re-condition" it,
what are the "steps"? so i know how and what needs to be done :biggrin:

tom's

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
subang
www.zerotohundred.com
when i got my car last time:
suspension all koyak, noise on the arm & bushes, interrior dash air-cond flap all patah, n etc
1 week later, air cond compressor out
3days after that power steering kong

picture of my car when i 1st got it

yn_hell

Known Member
Jul 27, 2005
Petaling Jaya
wah... thats a lot of problem!
shit.... then one of the owner that offer me his 32k but need to change bush and gearbox gonna cost me bit then, cos at first when i plan was buy already put halfcut 225 and change bush, but then again if i put halfcut i still need to overhaul it rite? (forgive me if i ask too many question cos i am really new in all these)

yn_hell

Known Member
Jul 27, 2005
Petaling Jaya
i did consider before =_="
but the problem is that the spareparts are even harder to find...

iexit

1,500 RPM
Aug 18, 2005
Selangor
iexit.multiply.com
Yup an AW will kill you unless you go custom or know Mickey well :-) But then again i love it! if its cheaper (hint* Alvin ask yr fren lah) i'll still buy the car. This green one has been in the market for a long long time, old man wants too much for it.

Yn, think hard and put money aside if you want to buy the car cheap. You can ash Ash how much he has put into his car after purchase, and they were just simple stuff mind you.

Buying a sub40k turbo will involve $$ if not the owner will sell it for higher, I’m sure. I did the same and taking out all the mods I did, just repairs and replacing old parts cost me over 10k and countless hours of the car being parked in the mechanic. My car was stock to the bone, except for some samco hoses when I bought it. It drove well for 2 weeks, then the air cond kaput, and I had to overhaul the entire system costing over 1.2k. From then on, as people say its ancient history.

Having said that, there are two types of enthusiast, one who wants to spend countless hours fixing the car, and others who just want to drive problem free. Big question is which kind of enthusiast are you. Do as much reading and asking you can before diving into this wonderful world of Retro Sports car :-D its good fun, but it would mean you’ll have no time for your girl friend LOL

(Sorry for the long explanation, I’m bored at work today)

yn_hell

Known Member
Jul 27, 2005
Petaling Jaya
thanks for the advice iexit.

Bump: but seriously, people like me with limited budget really not suitable to have a mr2?

kazamai

Known Member
Aug 15, 2008
ur rite iexit,i agree with tom n iexit statement..its not easy if ur buy cheap2 wan..spend more 10-15k from ur budget n i sure u will not pening kepala kau kau..somemore save ur time..gud luck..(if ur willing to spend more,come view my car first..muarkhhahaha:biggrin:)

Bump: ur rite iexit,i agree with tom n iexit statement..its not easy if ur buy cheap2 wan..spend more 10-15k from ur budget n i sure u will not pening kepala kau kau..somemore save ur time..gud luck..(if ur willing to spend more,come view my car first..muarkhhahaha:biggrin:)

iexit

1,500 RPM
Aug 18, 2005
Selangor
iexit.multiply.com
You can still own a sw20. Its relatively cheap car to maintain and own. But make sure you buy a well taken care of example. Trouble free till you can afford to mod/change/repair sounds like a good plan :-)

Having said that a sports car (especially a retro one) will cost you more on parts (old ma) but they sure feel good, turn heads and make you feel like a millions bucks on the road... its worth every penny ;-)

LA53OKD

Known Member
Jun 19, 2005
KL
yupyup you got that right :biggrin:

yn_hell

Known Member
Jul 27, 2005
Petaling Jaya
hi guys! finally! i am in!
just got my mr2 yesterday, waiting for the name transfer only.
hope to join u guys for TT soon!!!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

For the first time ever, the legendary Lisbon-Dakar rally has been cancelled. Individual stages have been cancelled before but never the entire rally. Dakar organizer ASO has decided to cancel the race due to terrorist threats from Mauritania. The rally was to run from Lisbon, Portugal to Dakar, Senegal from January 5-20.

Mauritania, formerly a French colony, and the ASO (Amaury Sport...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience