Want Speed?!! Go SIngle Turbo!! Discuss.....

aravind

Deleted User
Jul 31, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
rx7

re members please advice...i saw traffic mag the other day a rx7 can reach up 2 700hp :| i was wondering wat is the maximum horsepower a rx7 can reach and wat turbo does it require thanks..

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
if money is no issue then pretty much infinity. with the right setup and close to 400 on wheel you can haul ass everyday.

joe13

Known Member
May 15, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
phat7 said:
if money is no issue then pretty much infinity. with the right setup and close to 400 on wheel you can haul ass everyday.
muahaha... mate, you can be hauling much ass everyday... :_:

faz

Apr 28, 2005
as far as single turbos go..

Its on ebay..and well not too costly I'm just worried as you know its an unknown company..so just weary as far as reliability goes..so..how much would you pay for it and would it be hard to install?

TURBO SUPER T4

WASTEGATE

BLOW OFF VALVE

FLANGES

GASKETS

FLANGE FOR BOV

FLANGE KIT FOR WASTEGATE

TURBO

BRAND NEW IN THE BOX SUPER T4 .60 .85

WASTEGATE 40MM

40MM - SUPER HKS STYLE

FLANGES INCLUDED

BARBS AND FITTINGS INCLUDED

GASKETS INCLUDED

BOV - 50MM

FLANGES INCLUDED

O-RING INCLUDED

BARBS AND FITTINGS INCLUDED

GASKETS INCLUDED

faz

Apr 28, 2005

another one ..same price range..different company though..on ebay as well..
some specs and there's a claim of hp increase..don't know if its true or not..

DESCRIPTION: turbo kit for RX7 TURBO KIT

this turbo kit comes with the following item

-TD04 AR.60 TURBO

-BLOW OFF VALVE

-INTERCOOLER 18X12X3 BAR& PLATE CORE LENGTH

REAL HP GAIN , 70HP+

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
the turbo kits on offer by ebay are known to screw up. there are numerous complaints on them in rx7forum.com

there really is no easy way out when going single turbo. expect to pay around 20k for everything brand new and under 10k thereabouts for second hand.

faz

Apr 28, 2005
phat7 said:
the turbo kits on offer by ebay are known to screw up. there are numerous complaints on them in rx7forum.com

there really is no easy way out when going single turbo. expect to pay around 20k for everything brand new and under 10k thereabouts for second hand.

ouh alright..well I'm just trying to see if there is any cheaper alternatives but I guess not..Better to spend a little more to get quality proven products than cheap immitations..hrm..10k huh..you talking about just the turbo itself or the whole kit?I mean I'm just thinking ahead here..I mean all i'm looking for is like i don't know..350-400 maybe..quick spool..you know..torquey throughout the entire powerband..but then again..cost is always an issue..oh well..thanks phat7..i'll keep looking out for stuff..

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
hi faz. i'm actually oing the conversion right now. if you need any sort of help please dont hold back. the thing about any kind of modification, you can almost certainly get away by cutting corners (trust me, very tempting) but at the end of the day i want reliability. The turbine brand new will set you back about 4-7k depending on sizes. i will be running a bb unit which incidentally will be the first here or at least thats what i've been told.

i am very lucky as i've got mates like 13btt and kace whom are very experienced and go the extra mile for a friend. so if you're serious and like to chat about conversions just drop me a pm. Its always about who's got the bigger turbine here in malaysia and trust me when i say thats BS. depending on your application we can have a mature chat and hopefully get you on your way to a reliable car.

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
hi faz. i'm actually oing the conversion right now. if you need any sort of help please dont hold back. the thing about any kind of modification, you can almost certainly get away by cutting corners (trust me, very tempting) but at the end of the day i want reliability. The turbine brand new will set you back about 4-7k depending on sizes. i will be running a bb unit which incidentally will be the first here or at least thats what i've been told.

i am very lucky as i've got mates like 13btt and kace whom are very experienced and go the extra mile for a friend. so if you're serious and like to chat about conversions just drop me a pm. Its always about who's got the bigger turbine here in malaysia and trust me when i say thats BS. depending on your application we can have a mature chat and hopefully get you on your way to a reliable car.

RealtyAgent

500 RPM
Jan 6, 2006
www.autoglobalzone.com
Why turbo kits on ebay not good?

Why turbo kits on ebay are not good? Some are reliable what...:)

Last edited:

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Taken out from motoring enthusiast webpage

"You have to pay to play.

You get what you pay for"

RealtyAgent

500 RPM
Jan 6, 2006
www.autoglobalzone.com

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Honda's all new City arrives Malaysia with fresh 121ps 1.5L DOHC I-VTEC engines, including the hero car, a world's first, twin electric motor hybrid City e:HEV RS as one of the 4 variants offered.

City RS e:HEV : 108ps / 253nm / twin electric motor / 4cyl DOHC I-VTEC / E-CVT / Honda Sensing / RS bodykit / Price: TBA

City S / E / V Models: 121ps / 145nm / 1.5L 4cyl DOHC I-VTEC / CVT / Prices: V...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience