Want 2 modified my dad's toyota unser 1.8gli

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Thanks u all.....now I think study n help my father to find the engine tat u guys suggested...I hope tat u all can gives comment when im posting new threads...

Thank you,

---------- Post added at 05:40 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:32 AM ----------

Hehe my dad own an old ke30 can drift with stock 4k engine hahh?
Except he change it to 4age kan?
Then faster than his unser
Ke30, can drift with the stock 4K. you just need to weld the rear diff and pray it rains and an empty land. Since the car is low in power you gonna have to do lots of clutch kicking and keep the revs up. It was fun and that was my 1st time.

For the Unser no need waste time go find engine to change, stick with the 3K, just do some tune ups like overhaul, the fan thing (Izso mentioned). You open up the engine and you will see how big is that fan shroud and the fan is belt driven one with a magnetic clutch.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Bugger tiba-tiba put me on table :rofl:
Already met his daughter la bro. His daughter is really sifu or all sifu man. Felt embarrass that
a girl actually knows more than me man...

Her future husband would be very lucky haha! Cuz she knows cars well.
You so well known for that, that is why kena put on table loh.....hahahahaha:biggrin:

She still need more experience......:driver:

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

Ke30, can drift with the stock 4K. you just need to weld the rear diff and pray it rains and an empty land. Since the car is low in power you gonna have to do lots of clutch kicking and keep the revs up. It was fun and that was my 1st time.

For the Unser no need waste time go find engine to change, stick with the 3K, just do some tune ups like overhaul, the fan thing (Izso mentioned). You open up the engine and you will see how big is that fan shroud and the fan is belt driven one with a magnetic clutch.
Put nearly bald tyres in the rears, sure drift.......:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
You so well known for that, that is why kena put on table loh.....hahahahaha:biggrin:

She still need more experience......:driver:

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

Put nearly bald tyres in the rears, sure drift.......:biggrin:
Use silverstone or sime tyres :rofl:

Front AD08 rear Silverstone

DracBrax

Known Member
Jun 21, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Don't even bother putting a turbo into a unser, what r you gonna do with a turbo in an unser anyway.Race VTEC's? just overhaul and do service and put in minor mods.

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
cynicism aside... the toyota unser in indonesia (kijang) does offer 2.4 diesel engine

As per bro TitanRev said, is it legal to convert it to the same diesel engine as the kijang

FYI ... 1.8l + 30% = 2.34l

or.... convert to the more recent hilux engine perhaps (the non-intercooled ones)

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
cynicism aside... the toyota unser in indonesia (kijang) does offer 2.4 diesel engine

As per bro TitanRev said, is it legal to convert it to the same diesel engine as the kijang

FYI ... 1.8l + 30% = 2.34l

or.... convert to the more recent hilux engine perhaps (the non-intercooled ones)
Probably overhauling the engine is a better decision since many have suggested that. If the TS is changing the engine into a 2.4 litre engine, then the road tax would increase as well. Quite a big difference in price compared to the roadtax in the original engine.

Streetjamer

Known Member
Aug 2, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
First of all, are you paying for this or is your dad? Or are you just hypothesizing the whole thing?

Personally I used to own a Unser and it's not slow by any means. Just old and worn. A full overhaul and service will bring back a lot of torque that engine has. Removing the front fan motor and fan and replacing it with a electric fan will bring out some grunt too. And instead of upgrading power, do something about that horrendous brakes. And lighten the car load. The car weight is madness so much so the inertia from an Unser going at 60km/h and emergency braking is enough to break tyre traction and skid about 5ft
hi bro, yes i drive a unser(not mine but my dad) to college evryday and my unser has done the same mod that bro stated earlier...no any significant grows but throttle response is faster...

it might be big difference between AT n MT as well...my unser is AT and the top speed i achived is only 130km/h but my dad's(yes he drive unser to work as well but with Manual box) able to hit 150km/h...

personally i think unser is just a vehicle to travel from a to b...not to speed (130km/h is faster thn my bmx anyway :rock::laugh:)

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Don't even bother putting a turbo into a unser, what r you gonna do with a turbo in an unser anyway.Race VTEC's? just overhaul and do service and put in minor mods.
Aisay. People mod their cars to feel good when driving it. Not to race mah. Not me anyway. Incidentally, if you hang around Cheras enough, you'll come across a turbocharged Unser terrorizing Jln Cheras around 5am to 6am every weekday. The bloody Unser looks so stock except it can overtake you in an instant and that blow off is the only dead giveaway. Scary ass Unser I tell you. I have no idea how he can control the car though. Leaf springs, cruddy brakes, heavy body.. it's suicide to put that much speed in a car like that.

hi bro, yes i drive a unser(not mine but my dad) to college evryday and my unser has done the same mod that bro stated earlier...no any significant grows but throttle response is faster...

it might be big difference between AT n MT as well...my unser is AT and the top speed i achived is only 130km/h but my dad's(yes he drive unser to work as well but with Manual box) able to hit 150km/h...

personally i think unser is just a vehicle to travel from a to b...not to speed (130km/h is faster thn my bmx anyway :rock::laugh:)
Dude, there's something wrong with your Unser if 130 is the fastest you can go. I've hit 150 in my auto Unser on the highway before. In fact I think I touched 160 before my balls shrunk to the size of peanuts.

Reactions: alcyon

xMika

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
Selangor
Those who says Unser got a heavy body .. have you ever drove one actually ? I drive Unser to do delivery everytime and I think this car is quite light considering its size .. the equipments and all the parts on the car of this size is so damn minimal .. very practical car there is not a single thing that is not useful ..

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Aisay. People mod their cars to feel good when driving it. Not to race mah. Not me anyway. Incidentally, if you hang around Cheras enough, you'll come across a turbocharged Unser terrorizing Jln Cheras around 5am to 6am every weekday. The bloody Unser looks so stock except it can overtake you in an instant and that blow off is the only dead giveaway. Scary ass Unser I tell you. I have no idea how he can control the car though. Leaf springs, cruddy brakes, heavy body.. it's suicide to put that much speed in a car like that.
Phantom Unser :biggrin:
Like Takumi's AE86 in Initial D. Overtaking all other cars around his area.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Those who says Unser got a heavy body .. have you ever drove one actually ? I drive Unser to do delivery everytime and I think this car is quite light considering its size .. the equipments and all the parts on the car of this size is so damn minimal .. very practical car there is not a single thing that is not useful ..
To maneuver around in the Unser it's quite ok. It's when you have to brake then only do you realise how heavy the car is. I owned one la. It's scary to jam brake in.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Here is a question that I would like to ask many of you here. What do you guys think about having a modded car as daily drive or have 2 cars, one for daily, another for mods?

For me, I think that it is better to have a car for daily use and another for mods. My reasons would be :

1. Fuel consumption. It will probably save costs in terms of fuel consumption in long run if you keep a stock car or fuel efficient car for daily use and travel. A heavily modded car probably won't give...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience