Wanna buy an Evo but scared

rewlie

Known Member
Feb 13, 2008
Hi,

To all MLOC gurus,

Evo is my dream car since I was 20 years old, at that time it was Evo7, and now 8 years later, I still admire Evo7 a lot, it's a legend just like Supra and Skyline. Now i can afford to buy one, although not in one shot cash, but still can afford to pay it. I will make my first view on one Evo7 located at my hometown this weekend, if everything in the right place, I will consider to take it, if not then on Monday one more view in Subang. But recently I saw a lot of cases which involves Evo7 got stolen, it makes me think twice. Furthermore now I work in KL, a city with every type of burglars you can ever imagine. If i lost a Kancil, I still can sleep well at nite, but if I lost an Evo which I have dreamed about it for the past 8 years, I can never imagine what will happened to my sleep after that.

Should i buy now, or wait till the black market demand for it has slow down? I really cant resist my passion to feel the geforce once the turbine kickin in, really.

And one more thing, which one is better, Evo7 ( manual ) or 7.5 GTA ( tiptronic )?

Please advise :hmmmm:

Mistaken_Identity

2,000 RPM
Aug 11, 2005
Johore Bahru
Hi,

To all MLOC gurus,

Evo is my dream car since I was 20 years old, at that time it was Evo7, and now 8 years later, I still admire Evo7 a lot, it's a legend just like Supra and Skyline. Now i can afford to buy one, although not in one shot cash, but still can afford to pay it. I will make my first view on one Evo7 located at my hometown this weekend, if everything in the right place, I will consider to take it, if not then on Monday one more view in Subang. But recently I saw a lot of cases which involves Evo7 got stolen, it makes me think twice. Furthermore now I work in KL, a city with every type of burglars you can ever imagine. If i lost a Kancil, I still can sleep well at nite, but if I lost an Evo which I have dreamed about it for the past 8 years, I can never imagine what will happened to my sleep after that.

Should i buy now, or wait till the black market demand for it has slow down? I really cant resist my passion to feel the geforce once the turbine kickin in, really.

And one more thing, which one is better, Evo7 ( manual ) or 7.5 GTA ( tiptronic )?

Please advise :hmmmm:

I wonder when is the BLACK MARKET demand is gonna slow down..???:hmmmm::hmmmm:

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
dont bother waiting for the demand to slow down...

install gps etc. etc. n park the car properly, dont have gauges, meters evrywhere on the dash, then it shud be alright hehe

manual or tiptronic version, which one do u prefer? if not mistaken the gta has a coupla horses less, in d end it boils down to ur own preference...but...i think its better to get the manual la hehe

bernardyeo

Known Member
Apr 4, 2007
Acknowledge your fear, then take the necessary precautions. Don't let the fear of thieves steal your dream. Find out when is the next TT session, then learn all the preventive and security measures you can take.

PS: One more thing. If you really want to feel the surge of the turbo, better get the manual one.

rewlie

Known Member
Feb 13, 2008
I wonder when is the BLACK MARKET demand is gonna slow down..???:hmmmm::hmmmm:
I mean slow down a bit, right now each month got news it's stolen, aiya headache woo..

dont bother waiting for the demand to slow down...

install gps etc. etc. n park the car properly, dont have gauges, meters evrywhere on the dash, then it shud be alright hehe

manual or tiptronic version, which one do u prefer? if not mistaken the gta has a coupla horses less, in d end it boils down to ur own preference...but...i think its better to get the manual la hehe
I will test drive both this weekend, let see..

Acknowledge your fear, then take the necessary precautions. Don't let the fear of thieves steal your dream. Find out when is the next TT session, then learn all the preventive and security measures you can take.

PS: One more thing. If you really want to feel the surge of the turbo, better get the manual one.
Right now still driving myvi wor, if I come next TT still with myvi for advise, then I guess all of you will look at me like monster want to eat small creature in front of them huhu :biggrin:

evolution9682

Known Member
Feb 9, 2008
Once u get the car,take off ur spoiler,rip out all the mitsubishi evolution decal and logo,paste a proton waja on it and will be safe,hehe....want more safe,replace ur recaro to waja seat,haha...jz kidding...

Always beware where u park ur car loh,keep it standard and have a good alarm system.Hope u join in Mitsubishi Evolution world soon,cheer...

chocolatesttarfish

500 RPM
May 13, 2007
PJ/BTU
dont be scared bro..u can always equip ur car with aftermarket electronic protection system, gps tracking devices etc..live up ur dream and don't let the blackmarket syndicates hold u :biggrin:

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
nothing goes out on demand
a few nissan sunny got stolen last week
errr SUNNYYYY 130Y , so i dnt tink the demand for anything gonna go down

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
up to you to decide....join MLOC when u decided to buy one..cheerz

khsim

Known Member
Apr 16, 2009
dun worry.....after u buy the car just join MLOC and TTS group.....u will know the way how to protect ur car n make it faster by our C.E.O mr samurai....:proud:

options

Known Member
Dec 3, 2006
Bro, in this world, there is a lot of things to worry, if we keep worrying too much, nothing will be done. So my advise is if u are affordable to it, no harmful to ppl, just do it. Once u got the car, ensure u take good preventive actions ... u will be fine. :proud:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
most importantly buy enuf insurance....sum insured should be high enuf to cover yr losses....and i am sure if u take care of the car...it will be fine...grab it....no regret bro.!

Not_Bad!!

Known Member
Apr 24, 2008
maybe i enjoy drive a kenari with an auto trans...but with an evo?auto???...please dont bro!!...please dont!!...'awek turun balik takmau naik wooo"....

Bump: bro MISTAKEN IDENTITY....please change your avatar bro!!!...please!!!...i cant stop laughing here thinking my belly could be like that after five more yearssss.....huhuhuhuhu

amTonjet

Known Member
Apr 20, 2009
damn la thieves nowadays....they not only steal cars...they steal our dreams too...huh~~~

Bump: damn la thieves nowadays....they not only steal cars...they steal our dreams too...huh~~~

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear All,
Want to know if any of you knows of a workshop, mechanic or tired and tested way to strength gear transmission? The reason I am asking is that currently my car is NA and I willbe boosting it soon. I know the factory gears will not take 200whp reliably. I am calling on you guys for help. Thanks in advance.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience