waja gearbox.. help !!!

sandw|ch

Known Member
May 10, 2006
What things have gone wrong with the car?
I own the Proton Waja 1.6 AT 2003 but lots of problems to this vehicle. Now at the "N" lamp in the instrument panel flashes slowly (Once per second) with the 'D' range selected.

so what should i do.. i came across someone havin the same prob...

http://www.carsurvey.org/viewcomments_review_77932.html

vantageX

Known Member
Apr 29, 2006
I would think a flashing "N" lamp would indicate a gearbox problem. Since someone else has already sent their car to Proton and they have waited for the technical report, I'm guessing that a technical bulletin has been sent out to all Proton service centres regarding this problem.

I know that's how Ford Malaysia operates and hopefully Proton does the same as well.

Since the light is flashing then any Proton service centre should be able to ring up a fault code and diagnose the problem but then again its Proton we're talking about. The closest thing I could find on the net about your problem is a 2000 Mitsubishi Montero with the same flashing light problem except his happens after a couple of hours of driving and its cause the gearbox is overheating.

If your light flashes at start up then its not an overheating gearbox I think. Have any work done on your gearbox lately? Like change the transmission fluid or anything?

ivanlim84

May 16, 2006
I m using Waja oso now...this happen to me before maybe around last month..when i put D then the N light oso got light at the same time..this happens 1 day after the flood at setapak..so after 2 weeks or 1 month then ok d..so i guess maybe some part got wet..

so bro, got go through any puddle of water too fast? maybe some part of ur engine got wet..try to avoid puddles of water..

ken12292703

Drives a shopping cart...
Nov 14, 2003
SoMeWhErE
Have to find out and protect that area... :X-: If not everytime pass through water become sot sot...:shocked:

ivanlim84

May 16, 2006
haha..my car sot until i fed up d...i went to ask the mechanic but they gave me nonsense answers..even the proton guys..so for now s to avoid...my guess s the left side of the car that got wet..it s the passenger side..

if happens to u then jes tahan for 2 weeks or 3 weeks but after that still same problem then better go for a check up d....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

KURNIA insurance is the worst in malaysia

anyone's car with kurnia insurance....when your roadtax end.....go change other insurance
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience