VW's Polo GTI sees a price increase?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
That's nuts! Increase about 5K is still reasonable but >30K??? They're just too greedy & cocky since the booking queue currently is quite long! Anyway, not of my concern as I would not buy it even at >130K!

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
As you all probably know by now, Volkswagen has released an official statement via their Facebook.

"Dear friends,

We would like to address some of your concerns regarding the new pricing for the Polo GTI. We appreciate all your feedback on this issue
and rest assured we have taken all your thoughts and opinions into consideration.

Due to the re-evaluation of prices, there has been a price adjustment to both the 3 and 5-door version's of the Volkswagen Polo GTI 1.4TSI.
The 3-door now retails for RM166,888, while the 5-door is priced at RM169,888. For more information, please speak to a sales representative
at a Volkswagen authorised dealership nationwide or visit Polo GTI > Models > Volkswagen Malaysia

We understand this comes as a disappointment but we thank you for your patience and support.
"

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
and what makes u think if we change govt, NAP will change? I havent heard of any revision proposed by BA??
That's like asking me if I take a different racing line in Sepang, will lap times change? I have no idea if the lap times will be better or worst, but I do know if you DO NOT CHANGE your racing line, your lap times will be the same.

What I do know, is that the current NAP is not helping the country. Most manufacturers still flock to Thailand, our automotive industry is losing out to our neighbors. I believe we have the resources and the knowledge workers, but its due to bad management that our country suffer loss of revenue.

I firmly believe our country have first class infrastructure and talent. If you don't agree with me, you tak suka you keluar. I love my country, I just hate the people running it to ruins.

RM30k price increase is not an adjustment, its blatant daylight robbery.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
With such a ridiculous price increase, that means people who already own them can sell it now as used car with still a good margin!

detomaso_runna

1,000 RPM
May 21, 2005
PeNAnG
www.friendster.com
hehehe. add 30 k. but u get same car which worth 137k last year. perghhhh. now all polo gti owner selling their car. and x rugi. looks like a express gold bar for me.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone got any suggestion as to which brand is THE MOST durable wax / sealant ?

My repainter suggested ...

NU FINISH,

a US product claiming to be able to last ONE year or 50 plus washes...

The other is COLLINITE which I think is not locally available...

All suggestions welcomed, professional detailers comments most welcomed with thanks!:top::itsme:

(sorry durable mis-spelt, couldnt edit)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience